ibecks

Manchester Arndale Lego Store

The Legoland discovery centre isn't an actual Lego store as such & is operated by Merlin Entertainments (Just like Legoland Windsor is). The discovery centre doesn't stock the full range of products like a Lego store does.

Yeah, the Trafford Centre one is a bit of a misnomer...it's purely there to utilise the pester power that must be immense when children come out of the experience. It's a bit like the one at Legoland (and as you say, not owned by Lego themselves) - you might as well go to WHSmiths!

I'm very pleased that it's ended up in the Arndale, as I don't drive, so trips to the Trafford Centre are rare. However, I've always loved going for days out to Manchester City Centre and this is the icing on the cake!

I discovered this to my disadvantage when I found they don't accept the VIP card. Pretty poor do.

The staff in the Arndale store are very helpful I used my Tickets for the Discovery Center at the Trafford Center then went from the Discovery Center straight to the Arndale Center to buy a few things such as the Monster Fighter sets which the Discovery center had none of although they did have the entire range of LOTR but their pick a prick wall consisted of three tubs of stuff while the Arndale store have a wall of about 30 different parts bins plus they were able to give me some of the grey plates they had spare that were not in the wall, Also I picked up two Large tubs which were overflowing so a very kind staff member who wrapped sellotape right round the tub to hold the lids on. Also in the Discovery Center store they had a Build a Fig for £2.50 for one while the Arndale store had the build a fig as buy three figs for £3.50 and had a bigger selection of torsos and heads

see you all in the morning bright and early. anyone knows when we can get in the arndale center? or which door opens first?. thanks all see you. :-)