Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#34: The Dark Secret

Results of Round One of the Viking Battle:

Guts vs. Jarl - Damage/Shield (Mug)

Guts vs. Karl - Hit/Special Damage

Dyric (Chain Whip) vs. Jarl - Hit/Special Damage

Dak vs. Karl - Special Damage (Drink Mead)

To begin the battle, the encouraged Guts mugs Jarl for 104 damage, stealing 104 gold at the same time. He then hits Karl for 56 damage. Dyric hits Jarl for 23 damage. Karl then drinks his mead, doubling his level for the rest of the battle.

Both enemies still stand.

Enemies:

Drunken Viking Jarl

Type: Humanoid

Level: 9

Health: 32/159

Special I:
Drink Mead
– The Viking consumes his last mead to double his level for the remainder of the battle.

Special II:
Blasphemy
– The irritated gods throw 1 to 6 lightning bolts into the battle field that randomly hit both the Vikings and their opponents for 10 lightning-elemental damage each, regardless of row. Used after the mead has been drank.

Drops: 30 gold, Mead (if not consumed)

Drunken Viking Karl

Level:

Health: 103/159

Special I:
Drink Mead
– The Viking consumes his last mead to double his level for the remainder of the battle.

Special II:
Blasphemy
– The irritated gods throw 1 to 6 lightning bolts into the battle field that randomly hit both the Vikings and their opponents for 10 lightning-elemental damage each, regardless of row. Used after the mead has been drank.

Drops: 30 gold

Party:

6843093399_d39f47706a_t.jpg

Dak Shadeaux
(played by Darth Nihilus)

Level 13 Rogue
*Immune to ?*

Power:
23 (18 for ranged attacks)

Health:
11/19

Gold:

Inventory:
Mockthril Knife (WP:10,
lightning-elemental
), Throwing Knife (WP:5, ranged, retrievable), Twin Longswords (WP:3), Trendy Handbag (protects from whichever bad effect that was last inflicted in battle to someone), 2 Venoms, Potion, 2 Meads, Nostrum, Bedroll, Shovel, Garlic Spray (quest item)

dscf0014.jpg

Dyric Rone
(played by The Legonater)

Level 13 Rogue
*Lucky*

Power:
25 (17 for ranged attacks)

Health:
20/20

Gold:

Inventory:
Steel Fan (WP:12), Throwing Knife (WP:4, ranged, retrievable), Double Chain Whip (WP:10), Longsword (WP: 3), Darksteel Crossbow (WP:8, blinded-effect, unsuitable), Loaded Die (permanent lucky-effect), Potion, Venom, Smelling Salts

6800805643_71f494fd9d_t.jpg

Guts Holla
(played by Scubacarrot) *Party Leader*

Level 16 Rogue
*Encouraged*
*Hastened*
*Lucky*

Power:
(
for ranged attacks)

Health:
22/22

Gold:

Inventory:
Lifestealer (WP:12,
ice-elemental
, attacks restore 3 health), Throwing Knife (WP:8, ranged,
light-elemental
, retrievable),
Beholder's Eye
(allows one round of battle to be replayed per quest), 2 Grand Potions, 4 Meads, Nostrum, Bedroll, Shovel, Diluted Potion (quest item)

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your target and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to flee or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone have acted.

Results of Round Two of the Viking Battle:

Guts vs. Jarl - Hit/Miss

Guts vs. Karl - Miss/Miss

Dyric (Chain Whip) vs. Jarl Karl - Hit/Hit

Dak vs. Karl - Critical Hit

Guts hits Jarl for 56 damage, taking him out, but misses his attack on Karl. Dyric's attack connects, and Karl suffers 23 damage. Dak scores a critical hit on Karl, making him lose 33 damage.

Only one enemy remains, so the battle will continue automatically.

Enemies:

Drunken Viking Karl

Level:

Health: 47/159

Special I:
Drink Mead

Special II:
Blasphemy

Drops: 30 gold

Party:

Dak Shadeaux

Level 13 Rogue
*Immune to ?*

Power:

Health:
11/19

Gold:

Inventory:
lightning-elemental
), Throwing Knife (WP:5, ranged, retrievable), Twin Longswords (WP:3), Trendy Handbag (protects from whichever bad effect that was last inflicted in battle to someone), 2 Venoms, Potion, 2 Meads, Nostrum, Bedroll, Shovel, Garlic Spray (quest item)

dscf0014.jpg

Dyric Rone

Level 13 Rogue
*Lucky*

Power:

Health:
20/20

Gold:

Inventory:
Steel Fan (WP:12), Throwing Knife (WP:4, ranged, retrievable), Double Chain Whip (WP:10), Longsword (WP: 3), Darksteel Crossbow (WP:8, blinded-effect, unsuitable), Loaded Die (permanent lucky-effect), Potion, Venom, Smelling Salts

Guts Holla

Level 16 Rogue
*Encouraged*
*Hastened*
*Lucky*

Power:
(
for ranged attacks)

Health:
22/22

Gold:

Inventory:
ice-elemental
light-elemental
, retrievable),
Beholder's Eye
(allows one round of battle to be replayed per quest), 2 Grand Potions, 4 Meads, Nostrum, Bedroll, Shovel, Diluted Potion (quest item)

Results of Round Three of the Viking Battle:

Guts vs. Karl - Miss/Hit

Guts vs. Karl - Damage/Hit

Dyric (Chain Whip) vs. Karl - Hit/Special Damage

Dak vs. Karl - Miss

Guts finishes off the remaining viking with one last strike.

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS!

All party members gain half of a level. The enemies drop 60 gold and a Mead.

Party:

Dak Shadeaux

Level 13½ Rogue
*Immune to ?*

Power:

Health:
11/19

Gold:

Inventory:
lightning-elemental

dscf0014.jpg

Dyric Rone

Level 13½ Rogue
*Lucky*

Power:

Health:
20/20

Gold:

Inventory:

Guts Holla

Level 16½ Rogue

Power:
28 (24 for ranged attacks)

Health:
22/22

Gold:

Inventory:
ice-elemental
light-elemental
, retrievable),
Beholder's Eye

Party Leader, divide the spoils of the battle:

heroica-gold.jpg60 gold

heroica-mead.jpgMead - Causes the encouraged-effect, doubling the target's attack power for the duration of one battle.

Party:

Dak Shadeaux

Level 13½ Rogue
*Immune to ?*

Power:

Health:
11/19

Gold:

Inventory:
lightning-elemental

dscf0014.jpg

Dyric Rone

Level 13½ Rogue
*Lucky*

Power:

Health:
20/20

Gold:

Inventory:
Steel Fan (WP:12), Throwing Knife (WP:4, ranged, retrievable), Double Chain Whip (WP:10), Longsword (WP: 3), Darksteel Crossbow (WP:8, blinded-effect, unsuitable), Loaded Die (permanent lucky-effect), Potion, Venom, Mead, Smelling Salts

Guts Holla

Level 16½ Rogue

Power:

Health:
22/22

Gold:

Inventory:
ice-elemental
light-elemental
, retrievable),
Beholder's Eye

There's nothing more in the Stone Garden except the bloodied corpses of the two loudmouthed norsemen. Where will the rogues go next to demonstrate more dastardly deeds?

"Onward! More dastardly deeds shall be demonstrated in the Grove of the Forgotten!"

Edited by Scubacarrot

The rogues return to the Grove of the Forsaken where they encountered Count Shadeaux on the previous night. Now it was occupied by a suspicious fellow dressed in gaudy purple. His entire body was composed of green ooze, making his movements fluid and bendy.

heroicaquest34-slimyscum.jpg

"Ah, more cushtomersh! Have you boysh come to browshe my waresh? I asshure you that Shlim Yshcum offersh only the finesht tripsh to the shubconshcious. And of courshe the firsht batch is free of charge. Wanna shee what I've got?"

The slimy man looked at the party expectantly.

Guts pulls Dak aside and says softly:

"Kid, I suggest you don't 'try' his stuff until we know what it is."

heroicanpc-slimyscum.jpg

"You'll like what I've got, you can be shure about that..." the shady slimebag slurred. "Sho, what can I get ya? Remember, you get one item for free."

SLIM YSCUM’S HAPPY PILLS:

heroica-drug-seventhheaven.jpgSeventh Heaven – Causes the hastened- and encouraged-effects, but also the fragile- and poisoned-effects. Costs 20 gold.

heroica-drug-doublerainbow.jpgDouble Rainbow – Causes the encouraged- and lucky-effects, but also the confused- and poisoned-effects. Costs 30 gold.

heroica-drug-pixiedust.jpgPixie Dust – Causes the hastened- and lucky-effects, but also the weakened- and poisoned-effects. Costs 40 gold.

Guts takes out Lifestealer out of his sheath, and with one smooth movement, puts it at dealer's throat.

"I suggest you quit your business. People have died because of your stuff, if needs be, you'll be the last to join them."

"I suggest you quit your business. People have died because of your stuff, if needs be, you'll be the last to join them."

The drug dealer is surprised by Guts' reaction, but then grins at him.

heroicanpc-slimyscum.jpg

"Aww come on! I'm only anshwering to the demandsh of my cushtomersh! I'm not shoving my productsh down anyone'sh throatsh. People jusht come back begging for more, and why would I want to dishappoint them? Thish city ish a cruel place, a nightwalker shuch as yourshelf should known that well. I'm only offering a brief eshcape from it. What'sh sho wrong about that? Jusht try my shtuff yourshelf and you'll shee exactly what I'm talking about..."

Guts pricks his sword a tiny bit deeper in the dealer's throat.

"Don't try that on me, fool. Your drugs don't make anyone's life better, no matter what you or your customers tell themselves. Leave your stuff, and get out of here, if I ever see you dealing again, you'll be sorry."

Slim Yscum turns to the other two rogues.

heroicanpc-slimyscum.jpg

"Do the pair of you agree with your friend here? If thish noble thief thinksh he'sh too good for my productsh, maybe we can continue dishcusshing bushinessh without him."

Look, we've already got enough on you to have you tried for manslaughter, if not worse. This is not the road you want to go down. You really do not want to sell us these happy pills. You want to go home and rethink your life. The alternative could be bad, I'm afraid.

OOC: Sorry for not being around. I've come down with something, and it might be sometime before I'm totally over it.

Look, we've already got enough on you to have you tried for manslaughter, if not worse. This is not the road you want to go down. You really do not want to sell us these happy pills. You want to go home and rethink your life. The alternative could be bad, I'm afraid.

heroicanpc-slimyscum.jpg

"Tried?! You can put me on a trial ash shoon ash you find a court hall in Eubric, haha! I apologize, I did not guessh you were foreignersh, sho the cushtoms of our city musht be shtrange to you. Thish is a city of cutthroatsh where only the shtrong shurvive. Not even thoshe pompoush asshes at Heroica can change that. If you aren't intereshted in my pillsh, you better move one. I've had jusht about enough of your petty threatsh."

"I suggest you heed my advice, you talk bravely for a man with a sword against his throat."

"I suggest you heed my advice, you talk bravely for a man with a sword against his throat."

heroicanpc-slimyscum.jpg

"Hahaha! I shee you haven't met a Phlegman before. Go ahead, shlit my throat. You'll regret it - briefly."

Guts' voices turned from the usual with a slight hint at cynicism to a low pitched, cold voice, in the quiet night, it did not sound good.

"This blade is laid in with an magic gem that gives it the power of ice, you know. You would think that would be inconvenient, blood would freeze and stick on, blunting the blade. But the blood is... sucked into the blade, as though the blade itself drinks. The result is a weapon that is dangerous to any kind of foe. Even if you don't bleed to death, It will freeze the... tissue around the area, and it will not be pleasant."

"You ashked for thish!" the drug dealer hissed.

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

Enemy:

heroicanpc-slimyscum.jpg

Slim Yscum

Type: Vermin

Level: 20

Health: 400/400

Special:
Bad Trip
– Causes the cursed- and poisoned-effects to the target.

Drops: nothing

Note: Every successful hit will split Slim into two, dividing his level and remaining health evenly.

Party:

Dak Shadeaux

Level 13½ Rogue
*Immune to ?*

Power:

Health:
11/19

Gold:

Inventory:
lightning-elemental
), Throwing Knife (WP:5, ranged, retrievable), Twin Longswords (WP:3), Trendy Handbag (protects from whichever bad effect that was last inflicted in battle to someone else), 2 Venoms, Potion, 2 Meads, Nostrum, Bedroll, Shovel, Garlic Spray (quest item)

dscf0014.jpg

Dyric Rone

Level 13½ Rogue
*Lucky*

Power:

Health:
20/20

Gold:

Inventory:
Steel Fan (WP:12), Throwing Knife (WP:4, ranged, retrievable), Double Chain Whip (WP:10), Longsword (WP: 3), Darksteel Crossbow (WP:8, blinded-effect, unsuitable), Loaded Die (permanent lucky-effect), Potion, Venom, Mead, Smelling Salts

Guts Holla

Level 16½ Rogue

Power:

Health:
22/22

Gold:

Inventory:
ice-elemental
light-elemental
, retrievable),
Beholder's Eye

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your target and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to flee or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone have acted.

Guts gulps down a mead.

"Make sure you hit hard, we need to kill him as few hits as possible, or he will overwhelm us!"

Battle order:

Guts

Dak

Dyric