Sign in to follow this  
Black Flag Sailor

6280 Armada Flagship alternate models instructions

Hello everyone! First time on here!

A few years ago I found a website that had instructions for those cool alternate models on the back of our LEGO kits. I was building Dash Rendar's Ourrider from Star Wars at the time.

Anyway, I want to build the ship that's on the back of set 6280 Armada Flagship. Does anyone know where I can find these instructions?

d4e4o5g414f4w5w5n4z5m44426a4k4l4y5v2a4w2d4v2u234z2u2z3j4l4f4s2u204q2.jpg

Got this image from ToysPeriod.com, a very cool website that breaks down the kits part by part so if you're like me and trying to complete these older kits, you can see what your kit is missing. Anyway, back on topic here...

The one I want to build using a 2nd 6280 set is the ship at the top of the picture. Looks pretty basic, but those parts you can't see get tricky.

There isn't all the Pirate sets have various alternative models on the back, just to give you an idea of what you could build but never any instructions. You will need to use the image above as your point of reference.

RJH is right, there were never "official" instructions for those builds.

I'm sure there are websites like the one you mentioned that offer their own interpretation of the build, with instructions, but you won't find them from LEGO.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the website you speak of, maybe someone here does though.

The instructions I got for the millenium falcon kit were official that I can remember. And yes, I know they had photos on the back of boxes to show you other building ideas. either way, does anyone have instructions for this build?

I really don't think there are instructions available for these alternate models. I do remember old sets could have extended instructions showing the first few steps of an alternate model and ofcourse many Technic sets have alternate models with instructions.

But not the Armada Flagship :jollyroger:

There might not be instructions for the Armada Flagship set. But I do remember a website that had pdf instructions for some of the alternate models. They looked like official lego instrucions, but hey, it was a few years ago and maybe they weren't. I don't know for sure as my HD crashed since and I lost all those cool instructions. Too bad...

Does anyone have instructions for the model I'm wanting to build by any chance? I might have to brave it and try to just figure it out on my own. Then I could take it apart and photo each step. An idea... I wish Lego gave the Armada more kits back then.

Nope, no instructions. Only imagination. :pir-classic:

Interesting idea though! I have the original Armada flagship instructions, and I've always wondered what that floating thing with trapdoor and net was... :pirate_sad2:

And why is it connected with a rope to the 'mothership'? Mysteries to me.

Now I see the instructions I should go and build my Armada flagship, just for the nostalgic feelings. :pir-cry_happy:

I think it's supposed to be some kind of target barge. No Idea really. But I liked the ship and thought it would be cool sitting next to a complete 6280 Armada Flagship set.

I played around with the build last week a little. I'm not satisfied with it, but here's a nice start:

armadaship01.jpg

I'm missing the lantern and a few other parts, but ordered replacements from LEGO.

armadaship02.jpg

Port view closeup.

armadaship03.jpg

Portview above.

armadaship04.jpg

Aft.

armadaship05.jpg

Put in the cannon and changed the stern around a bit.

armadaship06.jpg

Still not happy with it. It's hard to tell how the flag pole is mounted from the pics on the box.

armadaship07.jpg

Another detail shot.