Sign in to follow this  
Lord Admiral Helden Ravensdorn

Port Cochraine Concept Art

Hullo me hearties!

Well, with the completion of the Alcatani immenant, I have begun thinking of other Pirate-related projects. Those who have read the other topic know that I have two more ships lined up - however, to build them, I will need to buy a fair bit off of Bricklink and I am temporarily out of funds. So, reflecting on the inquiries presented about Port Cochraine, the central port in my Pirates of the Archipalego setting, I decided to google image search pirate ports.

In the end, I found an image that pretty much perfectly represents my plans for the building of Port Cochraine:

KhareCoT.jpg

Once I finish the Alcatani, I will set in to building a port scene with the general theme presented in that picture.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Commentary?

Thanx,

- The Lord Admiral

This seems very interesting Lord Admiral Ravensburg, but you haven't credited or titled the image you've posted. Do you have this information?

Well you did title this thread "Port Cochraine Concept Art" so I thought it would only be appropriate if you provided important information about the only image you posted.

However, the reason I ask is more out of intrigue, rather than formality. I shall explore the link you have provided.

Thats an ambitieus project Lord Admiral.

You will need a large amount of bricks and patience.

I hope you make a progress thread so we can following what you are doing?

Hmmm... I'm wondering Lord Admiral Helden Ravensburg, is the image you've posted the only concept art you're going to show or is there more? I'm wondering if that image alone is enough to inspire the lads to write enough to warrant an entire thread for it.

This is hard task to tackle. Guessing with only one pic. Also, the achitecture seems to be difficult.

I'd have to say probably "loosly" based around that picture. It has the general feel and design of what im trying to do, but would be nigh-on impossible to replicate with Lego bricks. I do however like the basic layout - particularly the bridges and that giant crane-building - so it WILL be similar.

Unfortunetly, all building is on hold until I finish organizing and sorting my lego collection. I have a *giant* bucket of unsorted legos as well as the need to color-organize what I already HAVE organized. So thatll probably take me a few days to get through :/

How long till you're going to begin work on Port Cochraine? As you mentioned in your initial post you need to acquire many pieces yet lack the funds to do so I'll assume it'll be some time.

Also didn't you mention that you had a MOC ship to post?

No - I lack the funds to build MORE ships. I can build Port Cochraine and finish off the Alcatani with what I currently have :) Though, come to think of it, I dont have enough people to man either... *sigh*

I'll complete both once I finish sorting my collection - I have all my peices separated into 7 categories: Blocks, Odd peices, Flat panels, Vehicle peices, house/garden accesories, figure accesories, and figures. Each of the first 5 are then color-coded. The figures have been split into their separate 3 peices and put in different cans so that I can build new figures at will out of them, and the figure accesories are in yet another case where they are organized by type - pirate gear with pirate gear, adventurers gear with adventurers gear, etc.

And I currently have a 12" by 12" by 12" box of unsorted Legos to put into these categories :P

As for Port Cochraine, I've already layed out the baseplates and figured out the foundations of the buildings, as well as built a few test peices like half a tavern and a bridge. But, so that I have something to show for my words, I guess ill finish the Alcatani before I continue :)

- Helden "How the crap do I change my forum name?" Ravensomething

No - I lack the funds to build MORE ships. I can build Port Cochraine and finish off the Alcatani with what I currently have :)

The Alcatani was the ship I was referring to! I forgot the name.

Helden "How the crap do I change my forum name?" Ravensomething

You can't. But I can. Once you work out what that something is.