sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

The she hulk head is the collectible fig "witch" and the she hulk body is also a collectible torso, though I forget which one.

Both torso (minus green arms) and legs are from the S4 Surfer Girl.

The she hulk head is the collectible fig "witch" and the she hulk body is also a collectible torso, though I forget which one.

Alas auto it's hard to make perfect figs with limited options, and in terms of purist it's difficult, I wish I had gone for the easy option and used yellow skin figs, makes the head and torso pool MUCH wider.

It took me ages to make up my mind on weather I would do yellow or flesh, with such a wide and diverse choice with yellow, and my choice of flesh limited to Indiana Jones, Star Wars, and some of the other license themes. But in the end I chose flesh, for the fact that you can "cheat", using yellow legs, hips, chests, hands and arms that would look stupid and somewhat strange with yellow heads, and they fit with the official releases. It is, of course, up to you, but sometimes the best way is the hard way.

Anyway, amazing figures! I gotta say, I love the Ant Man and Yellow Jacket having just read Avengers Forever. And your use of the Series 5 Boxer Torso for Sentry and Luke Cage is ingenious, I might just have to use it for my Luke Cage. I look forward to more instalments of excellent customs from everyone here in the future.

Thanks doc,

Iv actually been working on some more plus 3 modulars at once. I try to make time for my superhero collection but I'm running out of ideas.

Thanks doc,

Iv actually been working on some more plus 3 modulars at once. I try to make time for my superhero collection but I'm running out of ideas.

I know what you mean, I don't know how much of a Marvel fan you are, but for me I got ideas from looking back at comics in my collection, seeing what would be feasible with the parts at my disposal, and having a look at a few Marvel encyclopedia’s I own. Maybe have a look around the internet at a character you like. And I know what you mean about time, I've got loads of project going on, let alone real life work, but some how I end up with my Minifig tool case out, trying to build another Hero or Villain.

Good Luck though!

Imporvised Mk I Ironman

I really like the use of the welder's helmet for the MK:I. :thumbup:

Has anyone thought of trying that same mask with a CMF dark-grey space-marine armour?

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

Has anyone thought of trying that same mask with a CMF dark-grey space-marine armour?

I've actually been using that combination for a while.

I stole borrowed the idea from 'kissyfur_ok' with his MOC Avengers Origins:

9680807982_74bb46771c_b.jpg

I used the mask aswell, but with modified euro-armor. I cut a bit from the bottom part of the mask off, because else it wont fit.

autorazr´s looks pretty good =)

Edited by raminator

I used the mask aswell, but with modified euro-armor. I cut a bit from the bottom part of the mask off, because else it wont fit.

autorazr´s looks pretty good =)

Do you have a picture? Sounds interesting.

I just rustled up a quick MK:I using this technique, and the helmet works a treat. The welder's mask doesn't quite fit with the body, so I used a 1x1 stud to raise it up a bit so that it works. With this, however, the back of the minifigure's head is clearly visible - so I would recommend using a dark-grey head.

I just rustled up a quick MK:I using this technique, and the helmet works a treat. The welder's mask doesn't quite fit with the body, so I used a 1x1 stud to raise it up a bit so that it works. With this, however, the back of the minifigure's head is clearly visible - so I would recommend using a dark-grey head.

It bothers me a bit that the helmet is darker than dark grey but lighter than black. So I couldn't get it to blend in with the rest of the suit. I ended up using black hands and hips to balance it out.

yay I sparked a lively back and forth with Ironman. So wait does this helmet fit on the space marine armor without altering or adding a brick? I only have one that I use for my Cable minifig so I didnt want to use it cause I like it so much on Cable, but would totally get another if this fits. I like it a little better than my own design, not sure about using that dudes legs too, I wouldn't, but the armor looks way cooler.

yay I sparked a lively back and forth with Ironman. So wait does this helmet fit on the space marine armor without altering or adding a brick? I only have one that I use for my Cable minifig so I didnt want to use it cause I like it so much on Cable, but would totally get another if this fits. I like it a little better than my own design, not sure about using that dudes legs too, I wouldn't, but the armor looks way cooler.

No. To use the mask with the armour you'll have to either cut it or raise it up by a stud (what I did, it isn't too bad).

Yes it fits, but you need to add a single stud to the top of the minifig head or else it will be too low. It ends up looking fine though since Mark 1 is the tallest suit.

EDIT: Beaten to it by a single minute.

Edited by KingPixels

Hello to all. According to my memory I haven't posted here before, but thought I could add something I don't recall being brought up before. I've seen many good purist Mysterio's here, but I've noticed something that could really improve these figs. Sandy Cheeks bowl piece from spongebob squarepants has come out in a clear hue about 2 years back. This out on a clear minifig head (which I've seen used often for Mysterio) can make the fig resemble his appearance in the Marvel videogame. Just a thought I'd hope you enjoy :classic:

I have made a purist Doctor Octopus wich actually has tentacles (like in the game) instead of the arms lego has been giving us. :)

Please keep in mind this is only to show the tentacles as im still looking for proper minifig parts to make Doc Oc. Also the glasses are attatched by friction, so its still purist.

Doc ock2

Here is a side shot:

Doc ock

Sorry for the bad picture quality... :)

Starro and Minions

Awesome! But thats one character i will have too google...

Also whats your profile pic? I cant seem to understand it...

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.