I work at a board game cafe, and we have just about every one of the Lego board games in our collection. However they're basically never playable, as kids will open several of them and sack them for parts to build insane rainbow warrior creations (an instinct I admire, but it doesn't help the next folks who want to play the game). So I'm looking at gluing them together (except, of course, where required by gameplay). But what glue is best for a truly permanent bond between bricks?

I usually use plastic cement-type glue

It's in liquid form, very easy to use, comes with a brush and the bond is extremely solid!

You can find it in any hobby shop.

You probably want to use glue that containsMethyl Ethyl Keytone (MEK) and Acetone.

That will let the LEGO melt together.

I agree, plastic cement, same stuff used on those little model planes.

*shudder*

Stuader

Good to know... I used to use that foul-smelling brew on my Warhammer figures, but I wasn't sure if it'd react the same way to ABS. Thanks!

You might try Elmer's washable glue, I've heard that bonds well to the plastic, and washes off if the games ever need to be resold or something.

I used light a light dab of plastic modeling glue.

It backfired on me of course, oddly enough if a person wants to take something apart they will.

I was left with nearly an entire collection destroyed.

I used them as display, children would take them apart, I glued them, and the children proceeded to take them apart, glue be damned.

It was a sad day as I could not salvage much of the models.

Perhaps a parts bucket for those who want to toil with their imagination and a stern warning about games for game use only?

I used light a light dab of plastic modeling glue.

It backfired on me of course, oddly enough if a person wants to take something apart they will.

I was left with nearly an entire collection destroyed.

I used them as display, children would take them apart, I glued them, and the children proceeded to take them apart, glue be damned.

It was a sad day as I could not salvage much of the models.

Perhaps a parts bucket for those who want to toil with their imagination and a stern warning about games for game use only?

Do they still work with unglued LEGO? Perhaps sell it as filler bricks for someone who may be building a huge moc?

Do they still work with unglued LEGO? Perhaps sell it as filler bricks for someone who may be building a huge moc?

Unfortunately they were mangled rather thoroughly.

I was able to save a few pieces but not much survived.

Gluing can work, but in my case it bit me back.