der seb

Monochrome Minifigures

On 8/20/2023 at 6:51 PM, hikouki said:

Which current color are we still missing a complete minifig parts for?

Neon yellow

Warm tan

Copper

I did not count any of the transparent ones.

Cool Yellow (Bright Light Yellow) standard head - dayshifts only produces the minecraft-cube / Rabbit / Sandy / Krusty modified ones

Pearl Dark Grey  hands

Edited by bitbamboo

On 9/12/2023 at 11:49 AM, MAB said:

That might be as hands are made from a different plastic to make them more flexible so they don't break when accessories are clipped in. So maybe the bootleggers have to mix their own blend and didn't get it quite right.

The bootleg hands are definitely not made from stronger material as I've had a number snap. Don't get me wrong I have almost every Darth Vader, Clone Trooper, Batman totalling over 250 minifigures and they are my favourite to display and collect but think we are kidding ourselves saying these are nightshift workings using anything Lego at all or even that they are in Lego Factories somewhere. The hands of the Coral (bootleg) figures are just a different colour as they got lazy or made a mistake and don't care or have any quality control so left them as is. They've done this on many many variates like the black and green and yellow glitter ones where second time around everything matched up.

I have compared these bootleg ones to original Lego and I can't let the difference other than the poor hands and dodgy colours they've used in some variations. Make your own minds up but I know what I think and I still love them.

I would take a wild guess that someone somewhere near to Indonesia (where I used to be able to buy these the cheapest way back when they started getting released) they have some great moulds like Lego and maybe have the correct colour matchings to make them but where they make mistakes its obvious people who would do this as there job day in day out wouldn't make these kinds of mistakes.

Happy for comments to prove or suggest anything else though :) 

I'll post a picture in a second.

Lego Glitter Green Variations

this is one example of version 1 on the left when they first made them to version 2 on the right where they got better. So all parts on the left were made at different times and they didn’t mix the colours the same.

Here are my collections pretty much complete now. 

Lego Bootleg Minifigures

Lego Bootleg MinifiguresLego Bootleg Minifigures

don’t think any others have been released yet.

You can see in the bottom left the "dark" black translucent figures are a lot darker than the first lease ones on the 4th row from the bottom standard trans ones. They called the new new "Dark Black" but really it was just the better attempt and getting it right! 

Edited by pbatey7

4 hours ago, pbatey7 said:

The bootleg hands are definitely not made from stronger material as I've had a number snap.  

OK. Legitimate LEGO hands are different and I don't buy the fake monochrome figures so have nothing to compare to. Maybe putting something into the hands multiple times is a good way to tell if the hands made in genuine colors are real or fake.

Standard minifigure hands are made of POM, which is why even official figures often have slightly off-color hands. But it wouldn't surprise me if the Mexico factory has been using MABS for at least the transparent figures' hands.

13 hours ago, pbatey7 said:

I have compared these bootleg ones to original Lego and I can't let the difference other than the poor hands and dodgy colours they've used in some variations. Make your own minds up but I know what I think and I still love them.

I would take a wild guess that someone somewhere near to Indonesia (where I used to be able to buy these the cheapest way back when they started getting released) they have some great moulds like Lego and maybe have the correct colour matchings to make them but where they make mistakes its obvious people who would do this as there job day in day out wouldn't make these kinds of mistakes.

Happy for comments to prove or suggest anything else though :) 

The current ones are certainly coming from the Mexico LEGO factory. Previous ones have been from the China LEGO factory, but those were made with PC instead of MABS, and sell for a lot more than the Mexico ones. I've compiled a list of mold numbers here to help identify figures:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KSkUUgAlnofYLicLrlhqMES5K3Kvr5d8/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=111784597823665923619&rtpof=true&sd=true

(Note that they are all made by Lego employees using Lego materials in Lego molds at a Lego factory, when they are not supposed to, and selling them under the table — not fake or counterfeit but not really legitimate either.)

Lego Glitter Green Variations

this is one example of version 1 on the left when they first made them to version 2 on the right where they got better. So all parts on the left were made at different times and they didn’t mix the colours the same.

This isn't just a bad batch of color mixing, it's two separate Lego colors: "155 Transparent Green with Glitter" vs "351 Transparent Bright Green with Glitter". A UV light confirms this — the classic trans-green parts do not glow. We're still missing a complete figure in that color, but I'm happy to have the right one complete at least.

You can see in the bottom left the "dark" black translucent figures are a lot darker than the first lease ones on the 4th row from the bottom standard trans ones. They called the new new "Dark Black" but really it was just the better attempt and getting it right! 

That's not quite right either, Lego really did switch from using "111 Transparent Brown" to "375 Transparent Black" this year. That's one of the things that helps confirm these as coming from an actual Lego factory: figures seen in new colors that later show up in official sets.

12 hours ago, Lt. de Martinet said:

Standard minifigure hands are made of POM, which is why even official figures often have slightly off-color hands. But it wouldn't surprise me if the Mexico factory has been using MABS for at least the transparent figures' hands.

The current ones are certainly coming from the Mexico LEGO factory. Previous ones have been from the China LEGO factory, but those were made with PC instead of MABS, and sell for a lot more than the Mexico ones. I've compiled a list of mold numbers here to help identify figures:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KSkUUgAlnofYLicLrlhqMES5K3Kvr5d8/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=111784597823665923619&rtpof=true&sd=true

(Note that they are all made by Lego employees using Lego materials in Lego molds at a Lego factory, when they are not supposed to, and selling them under the table — not fake or counterfeit but not really legitimate either.)

This isn't just a bad batch of color mixing, it's two separate Lego colors: "155 Transparent Green with Glitter" vs "351 Transparent Bright Green with Glitter". A UV light confirms this — the classic trans-green parts do not glow. We're still missing a complete figure in that color, but I'm happy to have the right one complete at least.

That's not quite right either, Lego really did switch from using "111 Transparent Brown" to "375 Transparent Black" this year. That's one of the things that helps confirm these as coming from an actual Lego factory: figures seen in new colors that later show up in official sets.

Well you seem to know your stuff  and pretty detailed at that so happy to go with your explanation until someone says something better! :D thanks 

I’m new to Eurobricks and just made my first account, but does anyone know where I can get a transparent satin light blue figure from? I’ve looked everywhere on eBay and whatnot and haven’t had an luck, so if anyone could help me out that would be great! The pictures I included are from this page so sorry if I took your pictures haha but I just wanted that for a reference of what I’m actually talking about 

IMG_7671.jpeg

IMG_7714.jpeg