der seb

Monochrome Minifigures

2 hours ago, Lt. de Martinet said:

I don't believe that a Satin Trans Yellow exists (at least not yet). The seller just hadn't compared this figure to actual Trans Yellow/TNG at the time, so he called them yellow. I just received my ""satin trans yellow"" figure, and it looks just like the one in samlr's picture above.

Exactly !

9 hours ago, Paperballpark said:

I can't find the head on instagram. What tag did you find it under?

Can't find it now on Instagram, let me check

Just got the new Darth Vader Colours like orange and blue etc. just love them. I’ve got over 40 colours now including the trans x9 and the satin yellow and blue. Just waiting on the Coral Darth Vader and I’ll take a picture of them all! Oh and also got the x 9 Trans Glitter Darth Vaders on the way so that’ll be about 50! I’ll need a bigger frame!

Lego Darth Vader Prototype Minifigures

Oh and had to do this as well, someone else did it a week or so ago and loved it so thanks

I also got all the new Clone trooper colours so including trans and satin and coral, those will be around 45 in the set. Again I’ll try to take some nicer images of them all.

Lego Star Wars Clone Trooper Monochrome set

4 hours ago, pbatey7 said:

Just got the new Darth Vader Colours like orange and blue etc. just love them. I’ve got over 40 colours now including the trans x9 and the satin yellow and blue. Just waiting on the Coral Darth Vader and I’ll take a picture of them all! Oh and also got the x 9 Trans Glitter Darth Vaders on the way so that’ll be about 50! I’ll need a bigger frame!

Wow ! From where do those cape come from ? Are those also nightshift production ?

Hi Capes are not real Lego capes, just reproductions from https://www.capes4minifigs.com/

but I think they just finish the sets off. My designer Lego Frame just now doesn’t have enough space left for the trans-glitter set of 9 and the coral Darth Vader so I’ll likely re-use this frame for my Batman set of 39 and then the clone trooper set is so big now :/ 

these frames come in 3, 4 & 5 tiers so I’ll have to decide if I get a 5 tier for all of them or 3 tiers for each set. I was also going to collect all the normal Darth Vader and clone troopers and c-3pos to fill the sets but there’s not really enough wall space in my house but these frames help keep the wife happy lol.

Lego Designer Franes / Sets

On 3/6/2022 at 8:43 PM, samlr said:

I had a very interesting conversation from which I learned that people can actually order minifigs in a any specific color or even in mixed colors. They can also ask (and pay) to keep those color exclusive. I really hope that this is not the case with Trans-Dark Blue. I also learned that we should be getting new colors by the end of march (my wallet passed out ...) .

So you can pay a bootlegger to have a part made in a specific colour and then pay again for exclusivity so that nobody else can have that colour? What a strange world.

Edited by MAB

I suspect that more than one factory is doing them, so how employees from one factory can 'guarantee' that the other factory won't produce it is beyond me.

On 3/17/2022 at 3:55 PM, MAB said:

So you can pay a bootlegger to have a part made in a specific colour and then pay again for exclusivity so that nobody else can have that colour? What a strange world.

I think possible by exclusive it may mean they’d only sell to that person who can then sell on regularly but keep buying them maybe. Can’t see it be worth the makers while unless either one person bought say 500 or a colour not even a true Lego colour.

Someone knows obviously just maybe not us :/

On 3/17/2022 at 4:55 PM, MAB said:

That clearly indicates where the story is heading to... :hmpf: Fishy from the beginning. :sadnew:
It just strengthens my point of view in not investing in those parts/figures at all.

For me after buying just one I was hooked as they look awesome I have to say!

I mean who could resist?!

Lego Darth Vader prototype monochrome set

When Lego changed Steine und Teile in Germany to Pick a Brick in Feburary, I ordered some minifigure heads that are not yet available in any set in the given colors. Most of the parts are now not available any longer. 

6329317: Head in Lavender
6376426: Head in Medium Azure
6344419: Head  in Sand Blue
6359783: Head in Olive Green
6303151: Head  in Sand Green
6187163: Baby Head in Yellow without Print

2022-03-19-11-52-13.jpg

On 3/18/2022 at 2:58 AM, Paperballpark said:

I suspect that more than one factory is doing them, so how employees from one factory can 'guarantee' that the other factory won't produce it is beyond me.

It would be paying a bootlegger for his word, nothing more. It's not like you could sue the guy. Now that being said, seing how it's hard to get the Glitter Trans-Light Blue, maybe they are trying to be honest !

6 hours ago, legolatra said:

In April will be available new trans satin black colour ;)

Want ! Want ! Want !

7 hours ago, samlr said:

Want ! Want ! Want !

You will have it available with 6 different helmets ;)

Big update of the trans-monochrome collection (PC, ABS, Satin, Glitter) !

I find that the glitter effect tends to darken the color and the satin effect tends to lighten the color.

51959778397_9ed747318b_c_d.jpg

11 hours ago, samlr said:

Big update of the trans-monochrome collection (PC, ABS, Satin, Glitter) !

I find that the glitter effect tends to darken the color and the satin effect tends to lighten the color.

Hi, is you trans-glitter green two different colours of green? Looks same as mine. The hips and legs are different to each other and same with arms and head. 

I probs need to get the PC ones as I’ve not got those. Only 1 green available (tad expensive too) and not had many sellers offering them.

Got my glitter’s with Darth helmets and sabers!

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page, and especially the post above yours. Thank you.

Ryan Howerter posted some photos on FB - including a blacklight photo - which to me prove very clearly that the Glitter Trans-Green is actually that colour (Head, Torso, Hips, Hands) and Glitter Trans-Bright Green (Arms and Legs). I updated my spreadsheet a few days ago to reflect that.

Edited by Paperballpark

Yes, they clearly mixed Glitter Trans-Green and Glitter Trans-Light Green. Maybe we will have both in a near futur !

On 3/25/2022 at 7:54 PM, samlr said:

Hope so too. As I don’t like the look of it like this :( 

I really like those satin colors. A red and/or orange would look awesome.

I can't seem to find a coral figure though. And since I don't use Facebook I don't know who sells it. Are these still around? Any idea if the legs might become available in the future like the yellow green hips look to be?

Thanks to all the contributors here. It's been a big help to keep my collection up to date.