der seb

Monochrome Minifigures

On 12/9/2021 at 11:21 PM, steyin said:

Further down the rabbit hole we go 😅

How deep does the rabbit hole go ?

51748699483_8b3a48eb90_c_d.jpg

At first, I thought the Glitter Trans-Light Blue was just a Trans-Light Blue with glitter, but no, it's an other color !

3 hours ago, samlr said:

How deep does the rabbit hole go ?

At first, I thought the Glitter Trans-Light Blue was just a Trans-Light Blue with glitter, but no, it's an other color !

I also realized that when I sorted it away. I'm wondering if there is a difference in the light blue depending on year/time frame of production like there is with medium blue.

I need to add that colour to my spreadsheet, so I'll have to dig out the official colour ID for it over the weekend.

Has anyone seen any photos of the other glitter colours? I've heard they exist, but without photo proof I'm not going to add them to the spreadsheet just yet...

Edited by Paperballpark

1 hour ago, Paperballpark said:

I need to add that colour to my spreadsheet, so I'll have to dig out the official colour ID for it over the weekend.

Has anyone seen any photos of the other glitter colours? I've heard they exist, but without photo proof I'm not going to add them to the spreadsheet just yet...

To be taken with a grain of salt I was told that the other colors are currently being produced and that no one has them yet.

Hey guys, 

does anyone by chance have a trans light purple they’d be willing to part with? I’ve been able to track down all but this color 🙏🏼

On 12/5/2021 at 9:51 PM, samlr said:

Just saw Darth Vader and Batman satin trans-light blue monochrome figures.

Sorry, can't delete previous quote..

Edited by MDM

2 hours ago, MDM said:

Just saw Darth Vader and Batman satin trans-light blue monochrome figures.

51758733340_f48e9449fa_w_d.jpg

Yeap, those are in pre-order and other satin should be on the way !

Down, down the rabbit hole we go !

I've added the glitter and satin blues to my spreadsheet. If anyone has/finds any pics of minifig parts in the other colours, please let me know so that I can add them too... :)

LEGO has now stated these non-production parts are illegitimate and will be removing any that get listed on bricklink.

https://www.bricklink.com/message.asp?ID=1322014

Over the past several months, we’ve seen a variety of Transparent and Glow-In-Dark
minifigures flood the market. We have determined these to be illegitimate LEGO
items, despite the fact that many of them are imprinted with the LEGO logo.

Of particular note are the Darth Vader minifigures, Batman, and other superheroes.

We will start removing these listings this week, both from the custom items section
and from listings under catalog entries. This includes whole minifigures and
minifigure parts. For those of you who regularly file Problem Item For Sale reports,
please add these to the things you screen for.

Thank you,

The BrickLink Team

730342.jpg

Edited by MAB

It makes since. I just don't understand why it took them 3 years to reach this decision. I also wonder how long it's going to take them to do something about those thousands of official minifgures being stolen in factory and sold on BL every month ?

Edited by samlr

Going back to production items, new "Vibrant Yellow" printed torso and unprinted arms is available in Bricks n Pieces; design number 6375835 . Although it seems that it will require the same patience as Coral, Cool Yellow or Teal

1 hour ago, samlr said:

It makes since. I just don't understand why it took them 3 years to reach this decision. I also wonder how long it's going to take them to do something about those thousands of official minifgures being stolen in factory and sold on BL every month ?

Just before Christmas there were a couple of sellers that started listing lots of these parts (and not much else). I guess the scale of it made it obvious what was going on and they had to do something. 

There are still listings on BL for some of these. Guess they haven't searched hard enough. I suspect all the non official/custom chrome listings should be removed also. Still, where is the official LEGO statement? I know BL is now owned by them, but LEGO is still silent AFAIK.

7 hours ago, steyin said:

There are still listings on BL for some of these. Guess they haven't searched hard enough. I suspect all the non official/custom chrome listings should be removed also.

Custom chromed items have been banned for some time. It doesn't mean they don't exist, but they get removed if reported.

7 hours ago, steyin said:

Still, where is the official LEGO statement? I know BL is now owned by them, but LEGO is still silent AFAIK.

Maybe LEGO doesn't want to advertise that employee(s) are making illegitimate parts in their factories and selling them for large sums, passing them off as genuine or test LEGO parts. It is relevant to sales on bricklink and so they make the statement there, where they can control it. If they advertise more widely that you can buy some cool parts but that they are illegitimate, they may well just end up driving more sales into the hands of the people producing them.

Indeed.

At some point in the not too distant future I hope to see pictures of Yellowish Green hips :)

8 minutes ago, Paperballpark said:

Indeed.

At some point in the not too distant future I hope to see pictures of Yellowish Green hips :)

So where are the coral legs? :) 

Ive seen satin blue and glitter figures of late and one lot of dark tan and dark azure Darth Vader helmets but no coral legs :(

Not got them yet, but I've seen photos and ordered a pair.

If you're not already on the Facebook monochrome group, you should join it :)

Are the coral ones legitimate or illegitimate? It is getting confusing and maybe we need a split topic for real production parts and the illegitimate parts.

It depends what you mean. This has been discussed quite a lot in the past, but basically it's generally accepted that the parts are 'unofficially' produced in Lego factories using Lego machines and Lego materials. They are therefore genuine Lego parts, but which have been unofficially produced, with The Lego Group seeming to turn a blind eye to them.

Personally I think if Lego really wanted to stop their factory workers making them, they could, but I suspect it's simply not high up their list of priorities.

I was using LEGO's / Bricklink's language. Legitimate = produced for sale in sets, PAB, etc and illegitimate = stolen or produced on the hush hush specifically for people willing to pay high prices for them.

So what would you class 'Q' elements as? I.e. test elements which have been available for decades, but which aren't 'produced for sale in sets, PAB etc' to be sold to the general public? Or prototype figures which were produced for people high up at Lego but never made available to the general public?

Or what about parts which have been produced solely for use in LEGOLand parks? I have a few of them, including 1x8 bricks in Transparent and Maersk Blue colours, and things like Transparent jumper plates. None of those were ever produced to be sold to the general public, yet they're definitely not 'illegitimate'.

My point is that it's a murky area when you start talking about elements which aren't available to the general public.

And as I say, if LEGO really wanted to stop parts being produced on the 'hush hush', as you put it, I'm absolutely certain they could. :shrug_oh_well:

10 hours ago, Paperballpark said:

So what would you class 'Q' elements as? I.e. test elements which have been available for decades, but which aren't 'produced for sale in sets, PAB etc' to be sold to the general public? Or prototype figures which were produced for people high up at Lego but never made available to the general public?

Parks parts I wold call legit as LEGO (as in the company) produced them, not someone working at LEGO but using the machines illegitimately. Genuine prototypes are clearly a grey area (even though often red!) as they are officially produced but then manage to leave the factory unofficially.

It is fairly clear that all these new parts in new colours that are purposely made for the expensive collectors' market are not legit. Hence the split in the collecting area - we now have figures that are from legitimately made parts and figures that are from illegitimately made ones for collectors willing to spend high $$$ on them. Some people will want every figure in every colour, whereas others will be happy with every figure in every legitimate colour and so can consider their collection complete even though some parts they don't have were illegitimately made.

And yes, hopefully LEGO can discipline the workers that are making them. No doubt the people doing it get very little from the middle men selling the items on, but they are the ones likely to be disciplined or even lose their jobs if caught.