Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

Three years old but didn't Nick Fury look very different in Wolverine and The X men?

All this talk of Nick Fury minifigures and not one about Mary Jane and will lego get her curves right? Will she look more like Kirsten Dunst or Emma Stone? Will the face again look like a fairly generic "sexy" lego female face? or will it be a perfect facsimile of "real" life. You think lego would be open to making a "Damsels in Distress" battlepack for both universes?

Back on topic, I too noticed that the Two face chase has "relocated" on S@H, but no idea why that would be? Could it be in limited supply now?

For those in the UK, John Lewis say they will have the line from the middle of next month

All this talk of Nick Fury minifigures and not one about Mary Jane and will lego get her curves right? Will she look more like Kirsten Dunst or Emma Stone? Will the face again look like a fairly generic "sexy" lego female face? or will it be a perfect facsimile of "real" life. You think lego would be open to making a "Damsels in Distress" battlepack for both universes?

...or will they make her at all? LEGO never said they would. I don't see them doing a "Damsels in Distress" battlepack either, not very exciting at all. The closest we'd get to that is if they put Wonder Woman in a DC Battle Pack.

Thanks, Oky. Ultimate Spidey would be great, but I believe the press release said classic, correct me if I'm wrong. What kid is going recognize classic Fury, when in every form of media released to kids portrays him as Ultimate Fury A.K.A. Sam Jackson with an eyepatch.

I think that they only said comic, which is much broader than classic.

Edited by Superficial Username

Okay. Sorry, CM.

1. Uh, not it's not. As it was pointed out before, Ultimate Nick Fury always looks like that/him.

2. It doesn't have to be based on the show to feature elements from it (case in point: Dark Knight sets). Besides, it could be based on the Ultimate Spider-Man comics. :wink:

1. I am aware of that, but the fig would be based on Ultimate Fury, and not Sam Jackson's portrayal. The man gets enough royalties as it is.

2. True.

What kid is going recognize classic Fury, when in every form of media released to kids portrays him as Ultimate Fury A.K.A. Sam Jackson with an eyepatch.

Any kid that has watched the old Spiderman cartoons, reads the comics, and also has played any of the Marvel games.

-Omi

Edited by Omicron

Three years old but didn't Nick Fury look very different in Wolverine and The X men?

Back on topic, I too noticed that the Two face chase has "relocated" on S@H, but no idea why that would be? Could it be in limited supply now?

For those in the UK, John Lewis say they will have the line from the middle of next month

1. There is no proof the we will get MJ, although I hope we do get her comic version( if the make her).

2. Emma Stone plays Gwen Stacey, peter's first love, in the Amazing Spiderman.

1. There is no proof the we will get MJ, although I hope we do get her comic version( if the make her).

2. Emma Stone plays Gwen Stacey, peter's first love, in the Amazing Spiderman.

Once again I'm proving sarcasm doesn't come across well on the internet :blush: Should away and hide until the January wave comes in..........

Will she look more like Kirsten Dunst or Emma Stone?

Neither because the actress was portrayed in a film not owned by Marvel, but Columbia Pictures.

Mary Jane would have to be based on her cartoon or comic appearance.

As would Gwen Stacey, since the Amazing Spider Man movie is also owned by Columbia Pictures.

-Omi

Neither because the actress was portrayed in a film not owned by Marvel, but Columbia Pictures.

Mary Jane would have to be based on her cartoon or comic appearance.

As would Gwen Stacey, since the Amazing Spider Man movie is also owned by Columbia Pictures.

-Omi

Does anyone on this forum actually believe that real life actors look like their corresponding lego minifigure to the point that they will receive likeness royalties?

Does anyone on this forum actually believe that real life actors look like their corresponding lego minifigure to the point that they will receive likeness royalties?

No, but royalties are still paid nonetheless, as they portrayed the character. That is if sets were based on the movie.

-Omi

Thor's legs looks like Chinese plastic. :sceptic:

Even though they are unprinted and the figure originates from an ebay auction in Mexico?

Even though they are unprinted and the figure originates from an ebay auction in Mexico?

Yes, they still look like the chinese ones do.

Thor's legs looks like Chinese plastic. :sceptic:

The picture isn't the best quality. That's how it looks to me anyways.

Yes, they still look like the chinese ones do.

Just looks like a grainy picture to me. Probably best not to jump to conclusions until someone has the actual figs to examine. The way S@H is looking, it looks like the UK will get their chance first with these.

Just looks like a grainy picture to me. Probably best not to jump to conclusions until someone has the actual figs to examine. The way S@H is looking, it looks like the UK will get their chance first with these.

Yeah, I was going to preorder the ones I wanted from Toys"R"Us but they only have the X-men set.

Its abit anoying how lego used the gray and darker gray colors on thors torso reversed.

thor costume link

Light gray in the belt and top/centre of costume.

lego thor link

Edited by deskp

1. I am aware of that, but the fig would be based on Ultimate Fury, and not Sam Jackson's portrayal. The man gets enough royalties as it is.

-Omi

I thought that Ultimate Fury WAS Sam Jackson Fury. :wacko:

Classic Fury, on the other hand, is different.

Is it just me or does Thors hair look a bit rubbery? :wacko: And it looks like UK and Ireland are getting the sets a week before USA *oh2* It's only fair seeing as the US got the DC wave first :laugh:

Hm I do think we'll get her, since only 2 minifigs are confirmed for the set (excluding Nick Fury) and this set is probably the equivalent to the DC funhouse so.. maybe she'll be there with some cops? Plus TLG loves MJ, she has appeared FOUR times in just the lines for Spiderman 1 and 2 :tongue:

Is it just me or does Thors hair look a bit rubbery? :wacko: And it looks like UK and Ireland are getting the sets a week before USA *oh2* It's only fair seeing as the US got the DC wave first :laugh:

Lighting.

I thought that Ultimate Fury WAS Sam Jackson Fury. :wacko:

Ultimate Fury is based on Sam Jackson. That is right. Marvel rewards him royalties for that use.

However if the fig was based on the movie, it would be using his likeness from the movie and not the comic, which therefore Sam recieves royalties from both Lego.

If they based a fig based on the Ultimate comics, Lego would not have to pay him the royalties, since it is already being recieved from Marvel.

-Omi

Ultimate Fury is based on Sam Jackson. That is right. Marvel rewards him royalties for that use.

However if the fig was based on the movie, it would be using his likeness from the movie and not the comic, which therefore Sam recieves royalties from both Lego.

If they based a fig based on the Ultimate comics, Lego would not have to pay him the royalties, since it is already being recieved from Marvel.

-Omi

Got it.

Thank you.