Sign in to follow this  
John Carstairs

Dino-Riders MOCs

Ingenious and nicely varieting MOCs! I too thought immediately about Dino Riders when I saw the new dinosaurs, though my own plan (if I ever have enough money to buy any of them) is to use the dinosaurs as fantasy mounts and beasts of burden for my orcs.

Admittedly I'm slightly saddened that the Torosaurus, which was the biggest and coolest one out of the DR toys me and my brother had, has not been covered yet. :wink:

I've had this one sitting half-finished for a week or so until a bricklink order arrived today. It was based on the Kentrosaurus toy from the original toy line and started as yet another Triceratops MOC, but I stuck it on the T-Rex for whatever reason and liked the look of it. I needed a Valorian T-Rex anyway...

L5t8r.jpg

The weapons include the two dual lasers mounted up top and the heavy single lasers mounted on the bottom in addition two the twin lasers mounted on both of the pilot chairs. That, of course, means it is a two-seater like the Rulon version.

Hhzrm.jpg

The back view shows off the rear-mounted lasers which protect against attacks from behind.

qpJJT.jpg

The pilot chairs rotate well over 180 degrees to defend against attacks from most angles, including the ones the fixed armaments cannot reach.

KMonS.jpg

A slightly better shot of the rear guns.

XKFCh.jpg

A profile shot.

It is a shame that these don't have more responses. These are great MOCs! Maybe if it was in the Adventurers forum these Dinos might get more love. Granted the show and theme are sci-fi, but that's just a thought.

I never saw the show as a child (my parents being a bit strict on the shows I could watch), but I do distinctly remember a large colorful picture book depicting the different types of Dino-riders and pouring over it at a friend's house. I think you captured the styles perfectly and adapting the Legos to fit around the bodies/heads/limbs looks very natural. Very nice job!

These are indeed great creations! Great enough to make me come out of my lurking phase. I definitely want to try my hand whipping up my own versions.

Are you planning any new DR MOC, John ?

Just saw this please put this on cuusoo. Anything to get new dinos or at least new paint on them :)

Very cool brings back memories. CUUSOO please or I mean LEGO IDEAS