Oddibossity

9493 mods

Hi guys,

I got my lovely X-Wing yesterday and I LOVE it! My mood was only slightly marred by the (expected, yet still) disappointing lack of storage space for, say, LUKE'S LIGHTSABRE. Has anyone come up with an effective method of storing a Lightsabre (other than shoving it in one of the 1x2 tan bricks with holes which connect the wings and body)?

For that matter, are there any other mods you'd like to share? I'm sure we'd all love to see them :classic:

This is a mod I did to my 6212 X-wing. Targeting scope.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=46163&st=0&p=806783&hl=6212&fromsearch=1entry806783

The 6212 had an under carriage storage compartment. Take a look at the instructions on Lego.com and see if that is something you want to add to your new X-wing.

Edited by Solscud007

I have a mod of my own now: the whole connection of the wings using the 6L technic axles is too loose and only allows for more strain on the back end, so I simply replaced them (quite easily, actually) with 3L pins (with friction) and that holds much better. It also means that the wings are almost equally spaced at the front and back when in cruise mode, not sort of jammed together when there should be a gap. I hope that made sense. :blush:

Basically, 8x 3L friction pins = better than 4x 6L axles.

Hi guys,

I got my lovely X-Wing yesterday and I LOVE it! My mood was only slightly marred by the (expected, yet still) disappointing lack of storage space for, say, LUKE'S LIGHTSABRE. Has anyone come up with an effective method of storing a Lightsabre (other than shoving it in one of the 1x2 tan bricks with holes which connect the wings and body)?

I put all my lightsabres in the lightsabre box until needed.