Piranha

LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 8 Rumours & Discussion

So, after meeting them in person. Robot and Alien queen are as awesome as I suspected. Except that the robot's helmet has to be removed to improve it (In fact, I think the same happens with the original robot).

The rest of the figures I got so far are all meh. Old school scuba diver would have been amazing if not for the color and the lame smile. It looks odd.

Gonna try to get only Alien queens and Robots from now on.

I just went through my big batch of packets today. I didn't get a single business man though, so somehow I have to acquire that.

It's a pretty solid series. I do have some quality gripes though. The conquistador's helmet and armor is really tan plastic that is painted with gold, and they look really bad from the underside. And my cowgirl's hair is painted badly in the back; the white of the hat is running down into her hair. Santa has the pink problem on his torso where it should be white. Pirate captain also has the pink problem.

I think my favorite figs from this series are the cowgirl, diver, DJ, and thespian. I was also pleasantly surprised by the cheerleader and the bavarian guy.

I really let a long time go by for this series. It's almost time for series 9 to launch! Hopefully I can get a fresh box for 9 because for this series I had to do the buying-random-packets thing, and that means combing through where other people already have been.

I just went through my big batch of packets today. I didn't get a single business man though, so somehow I have to acquire that.

It's a pretty solid series. I do have some quality gripes though. The conquistador's helmet and armor is really tan plastic that is painted with gold, and they look really bad from the underside. And my cowgirl's hair is painted badly in the back; the white of the hat is running down into her hair. Santa has the pink problem on his torso where it should be white. Pirate captain also has the pink problem.

I think my favorite figs from this series are the cowgirl, diver, DJ, and thespian. I was also pleasantly surprised by the cheerleader and the bavarian guy.

I really let a long time go by for this series. It's almost time for series 9 to launch! Hopefully I can get a fresh box for 9 because for this series I had to do the buying-random-packets thing, and that means combing through where other people already have been.

Well, most metallic parts with the same matte finish as those in the collectible minifigures are merely a surface treatment. The difference with most of these outside the collectible minifigures, as I understand it, is that they are lacquered in a rotating drum so as to receive an even coating of the surface treatment on all sides. In spite of the unfinished bottom sides of the collectible minifigure's metallic-treated parts, I know that a lot of people prefer this style of metallic parts to the "pearl" metallics that actually involve dying the plastic in metallic colors, since the parts with specialized surface treatments end up looking more authentically made of metal.