Sign in to follow this  
xwingyoda

Halloween 06: Welcome to Halloween '06

Hello my fellow ghouls and other charming creatures of the night !!

In the spirit of Halloween (which is only a contraaction of All Shallow Evening btw), lets have all our horror frenzy threads in this "charming place" shall we ?

Enjoy my little monsters !!

I moved all "scary" and "monstruous" topics here ;-)

*yoda*

this Halloween forum is great idea !!! i never liked the holiday as a kid and teen growing up... this holiday, unlike others, is more of a peer holiday... as opposed to a family holiday. and i was never that popular amoung my peers in elementary through high school... i was the weird artist loner guy :-D therefore, i never had friends to go trick-or-treating with, and never got invited to the high-school halloween parties... that is where all the popular kids got an excuse to drink and do other "cool" things |-/

well, now i am really appriciating it, cause i did grow up on horror movies... and i like a good scare. now, halloween is more of an literary entertainment source... and the lore of halloween is a great creative source.

and creativity is my specialty ;-)

----------------------------------------------------

BTW, that looks really good Brickster... lets get that on the homepage !!!

- BrickMiner

You're very welcome. And on a fun side note: you know I couldn't do without a little mystery or some trivia:

In the graphic, what is the only set that appears twice. See if you can figure it out without looking at images of the individual sets.

It's the set with the wolf and the tree... I don't remember the set name though...

Isn't it Werewolf ambush if I remember correctly ?

*yoda*

Definately the Werewolf set. I like these studio sets. They didn't need to be Studio though. Lego should have just called them "Movie Monsters" or something similar. I have a few of them (not the larger sets though).

On a side note (FOR YODA):

The image on the front page (NEWS) seems to have a much lower resolution than my origianl image. Was it resaved/compressed? It looks pretty grainy on my computer.

I like these studio sets. They didn't need to be Studio though. Lego should have just called them "Movie Monsters" or something similar. I have a few of them (not the larger sets though).

I totally agree !! I love all those studio monsters sets !! Like I said so many times before, I was raised with classic horror movies so I was sooo happy that these were released !! With SW sets and adventurers, they were the first sets post dark age !! I really wish they would do more ;-)

On a side note (FOR YODA):

The image on the front page (NEWS) seems to have a much lower resolution than my origianl image. Was it resaved/compressed? It looks pretty grainy on my computer.

I copied your image and incorporated on the front page (with the new system, when you upload an image from your hard drive it automatically appears on the front page tks to Jipay !!)

So to answer your question, I did not alter it in anyway - I just saved it on my hard drive and uploaded it.

Now I edited my post and made a direct link (with the insert image button) from your maj gallery: do you see any difference ? Personnaly I don't. Nothing more i can do ;-)

*yoda*

How do I change the look of the forums to halloween?

I don't believe there's a skin for the forum yet, but if and when it becomes available, it will be accessable via the drop-down box on the bottom left of the screen ;-)