Zane

Overall Favourite Sets

EASY!

display.jpg

That was one of my first sets and I spent WEEKS playing with that. I recently got all my old LEGO from my dad's house. I might have to build it and put it on display for old times sake.

I do wish they would bring back classic space. I can understand their logic that it would complete with Star Wars, but I'd love to see what new classic space they could come up with...

I suspect they would not be able to come up with classic space that would measure up to your childhood memories. Partially because they seem to have lost their way, and partially because nothing could measure up to our childhood memories. Just like the pathetic KK of today cannot measure up to the castles of 10-20 years ago.

My favourite non-SW set:

8654-1.jpg

Loads of pieces for a great price, and a very well built and detailed truck with lots of extras. The only problem is the 80+ stickers!

This is one of my favorite sets. Though not my #1, this still has to be one of the most detailed sets lego has ever came out with. The detail is just incredible. Looks just like the real thing. I do agree though about the stickers. I plan on getting a couple more trucks and making a trailer to haul 2 F1 cars, and more equipment.

This is probbly my favorite set right now.....

4404-1.ImageL.jpg

This set has alot of detail as well. Opening doors, hood, and tail gate and full suspention to boot. This set also has so much potential. Its funny to see this set in stock form since mine is so healily modified. (i added steering, an extended cab with suicide doors, bumper and 5th wheel hitches..ETC...) Defentaly a great set!

This is the only set from my original lego building days thats still put toeghter...

8438-1.jpg

I remember seeing this shortly after my 13th or 14th birthday, and begging my parents for it. Since i had already gotten my birthday present, they said i had to wait till Xmas. I was bummed for sure, but i was determind to hand in every homework assignment in on time to asure that they would get it for me. Well Xmas rolls around 6 months later only to find out that its backordered intill febeuary of next year!! I finnaly got it around mid feb. Wow, the hours i spent in the back yard with that crane building all sorts of things. Laying pipes for drains, buildings, lifting stuff off my other lego trucks. Sure does bring back aot of memories. :-) i think i'm going to go play with it right now!

I suspect they would not be able to come up with classic space that would measure up to your childhood memories. Partially because they seem to have lost their way, and partially because nothing could measure up to our childhood memories. Just like the pathetic KK of today cannot measure up to the castles of 10-20 years ago.

Very true and I'm sure you are 100% correct. Nothing they come out with today will match the enjoyment I had back then. However, with the recent announcement that Space is coming back (in some form) it will be interesting to see how close they get...