Sign in to follow this  
Tung T. Le

Ninjago Booster Packs - 9551, 9552, & 9553

How does the 5 tie it to Ninjago? Overlaid numbers and other graphics on T-shirts are common in real life. Many of TLG's official T-shirts in the "LEGO Wear" line have almost too many overlaid graphics to handle. Personally I think the real limiting factor is the belt, as few people wear belts over t-shirts like that.

What were you planning on using it for if it didn't have the 5? It couldn't be used for anything but a t-shirt or sweatshirt anyway because of the collar print. And I'd think any use of it where the t-shirt look gets in the way could just use Lord Garmadon's.

Use it for? A plethora of random undead or near-undead characters or creatures showing parts of their ribcages for instance. A purple cloth belt would be more than befitting for such creatures as well and wouldn't look out of place in the slightest.

The collar print is in that way a minor hindrance and easily overcome or incorporated into according designs by choosing a headdress, neckwear or even molded head-parts to conceal it. Do so and you have "t-shirt no more". Not so easily achieved in terms of overlay graphics that provide nothing but limitation.

As for taking Garmadon's torso over Lloyd's for non t-shirt uses: My point concerning similar yet different designs, hence variation, I will repeat here. Why stick with one design for a custom faction when you could easily spruce things up by using two variations on a familiar design?

This question is of course perfectly rhethoric in nature. I accept variation and possibility for "chaos" over a one-choice-is-no-choice road anyday.

Nailing this specific torso to being a "t-shirt" and arguing in favour of such a sentiment is a limitation in perception and perspective that, without any intended offense, is genuinely your own. Arguing from a set in stone standpoint in favour of that standpoint while ignoring all perfectly available limitless alternatives is entirely that. I will not allow myself such limitation and in contrast perceive that torso-print from a more vantage point of view and will try different approaches to interprete its potential in a multitude of contexts, while pointing out its specific impediments in doing that and ways to overcome said impediments. I have done exactly that in my previous post.

By that rationale my above "undead"-example would insofar only represent a small fraction of all uses possible as would your t-shirt approach.

I will leave it at that, because it will, as it mostly does on internet fora, boil down to personal tastes. And I've grown too disaffected towards discussing those over time, as empiricism dictates excrement will start hitting the fan BIG TIME once you start arguing over personal tastes.

Please concede to me I have tried to be as concise and precise as humanly possible at such a late hour in any of the above and mean NO OFFENSE to NO ONE. :classic:

Be well all!

Cutty

Use it for? A plethora of random undead or near-undead characters or creatures showing parts of their ribcages for instance. A purple cloth belt would be more than befitting for such creatures as well and wouldn't look out of place in the slightest.

The collar print is in that way a minor hindrance and easily overcome or incorporated into according designs by choosing a headdress, neckwear or even molded head-parts to conceal it. Do so and you have "t-shirt no more". Not so easily achieved in terms of overlay graphics that provide nothing but limitation.

As for taking Garmadon's torso over Lloyd's for non t-shirt uses: My point concerning similar yet different designs, hence variation, I will repeat here. Why stick with one design for a custom faction when you could easily spruce things up by using two variations on a familiar design?

This question is of course perfectly rhethoric in nature. I accept variation and possibility for "chaos" over a one-choice-is-no-choice road anyday.

Nailing this specific torso to being a "t-shirt" and arguing in favour of such a sentiment is a limitation in perception and perspective that, without any intended offense, is genuinely your own. Arguing from a set in stone standpoint in favour of that standpoint while ignoring all perfectly available limitless alternatives is entirely that. I will not allow myself such limitation and in contrast perceive that torso-print from a more vantage point of view and will try different approaches to interprete its potential in a multitude of contexts, while pointing out its specific impediments in doing that and ways to overcome said impediments. I have done exactly that in my previous post.

By that rationale my above "undead"-example would insofar only represent a small fraction of all uses possible as would your t-shirt approach.

I will leave it at that, because it will, as it mostly does on internet fora, boil down to personal tastes. And I've grown too disaffected towards discussing those over time, as empiricism dictates excrement will start hitting the fan BIG TIME once you start arguing over personal tastes.

Please concede to me I have tried to be as concise and precise as humanly possible at such a late hour in any of the above and mean NO OFFENSE to NO ONE. :classic:

Be well all!

Cutty

I can't see how it would make a very good exposed ribcage considering the painted on appearance, but whatever. If you cover up the collar with a neck accessory, would it be possible to cover the "5" the same way?

Why so? I think the "5" seems like something that would certainly fit on a T-shirt like he's wearing. Without the 5, the torso would be close to identical to Lord Garmadon's, except with non-metallic printing.

I think that Lloyd just painted over one of his soccer shirts :laugh:

Thanks for this quick review, Tung T. Le!

I'm not a big fan of Ninjago, but I will definitely pick up a few of these for the nice parts!