Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

apologies, no offence(or whatever it was)intended.

sometimes I do before I think :wacko:

great work on your wedding scene!

I don't get what you mean? I just want to know if you can do that to the logo I made?

I don't get what you mean? I just want to know if you can do that to the logo I made?

sure! my bad, I read your comment wrong.

where do you want the banners and dragon? and could you give an example of the corners you are wanting?

sure! my bad, I read your comment wrong.

Cool! Looking forward to it!

Dragon under the logo centered.

Flags on left and right over flight of dragons.

The corners in a celtic knot/elvish style in gold?

Edited by Captain BeerBeard

Like this?

6837858540_86cd4a115d_z.jpg

sorry about the gold border, it didn't look the best but I hope this does the job for you.

Like this?

6837858540_86cd4a115d_z.jpg

sorry about the gold border, it didn't look the best but I hope this does the job for you.

That is exactly what I wanted but better! So frickin AWESOME! Thank you! I don't know how to thank you? I can feature your avatar in some mocs. Will that do it?

If I may make a suggestion, I think the reflection stands out a bit too much. At first glance, it sort of looks like it's a part of the actual letters. I suggest slightly decreasing the opacity, and perhaps applying a layer mask with a linear gradient to make it fade away slightly towards the bottom. :classic:

That is exactly what I wanted but better! So frickin AWESOME! Thank you! I don't know how to thank you? I can feature your avatar in some mocs. Will that do it?

That would be Awesome! Unfortunately I wont be able to do the same for you as I don't have your face or hair but I would honored to be featured in your MOCs!

A big welcome to our newest members, good to see you settling in and working on your ideas :thumbup:

I really like the logo guys :thumbup: my only small concern was that it is too green, maybe change the color of the lettering so it stands out more and doesn't get lost into the background.

I look forward to seeing the new version of the map. Just a reminder to Jason that my tower of Sorviodunum is located in the isle of Ynys Wydryn. I have some more mocs on the way that are based in the Mystic Isles.

There will soon be more small in-guild challenges on there way with some prizes. I am looking at getting some parts packages together with lots of useful parts for moccing. These should make some handy prizes :thumbup:

I have an announcement regarding the scoring for the latest challenge. We will be scoring all your entries as usual so we can award the points to each guild, BUT, to win the big prize of The Kingdoms Joust, there will be a public vote like other EB competitions. So everyone will have 5 points which they can vote and distribute among the entries they like and the person with the highest votes will win. So if you want to win The Joust, it's not about impressing the guild leaders, you'll have to impress everyone :wink:

I think this is a much fairer way of doing things for prizes. So it will run like any other normal competition here on EB. Good luck guildsmen!

look up

so let me get this strait.

Everyone votes

It can be as a comic consisting of several mocs (like rise of the mage by SoT)

^the judging will be the whole comic type thing on the whole

Winner get's joust :drool:

Mini-Challenges for Avalonia with parts packs as prizes?!? this guild is getting better and better!

I can re-make the banner in a different color, by don't expect it here for 1 or 2 days, I have a busy weekend :sad:

Something just came to mind. Does the guild have an official uniform standard? Most people seem to be using a kingdoms torso with one dark green arm and one light green arm, with a standard tall helmet, but should I consider this official?

Something just came to mind. Does the guild have an official uniform standard? Most people seem to be using a kingdoms torso with one dark green arm and one light green arm, with a standard tall helmet, but should I consider this official?

No there isn't an official uniform standard.

it is encouraged to where something along the colors of our flag (dark and sand green) but is not restricted.

not really on topic but where abouts in NZ are you from?

No. Just don't use red. You need armor and a horse for your avatar pic. Dark green is our main flag color. You need that too.

No there isn't an official uniform standard.

it is encouraged to where something along the colors of our flag (dark and sand green) but is not restricted.

not really on topic but where abouts in NZ are you from?

Wellington. How about you?

No. Just don't use red. You need armor and a horse for your avatar pic. Dark green is our main flag color. You need that too.

I have everything coming in a BL order soon. I intend to update my character, and make him yellow.

Wellington. How about you?

Same! great to know I'm not alone over here!

Berrbeard I'll see what i can do :wink:

@Zach Mills Good idea going with yellow! Are you going to keep the Will Turner torso?

As much as I like it, no. It works well with the combo I have now, but it looks terrible with a yellow head on it. I'm going to use the castle torso that is a sand green vest over a gray body.

Same! great to know I'm not alone over here!

Berrbeard I'll see what i can do :wink:

Where in Wellington are you?

all right BB I'm working on the banner but the backgroung green isn't working so well. do you mind if I change it to tan or another green?

thanks,

ZM on your hill :wink:

=Legonardo=

Edited by Legonardo Davidy

all right BB I'm working on the banner but the backgroung green isn't working so well. do you mind if I change it to tan or another green?

thanks,

=Legonardo=

Do what you have to. I trust you. It's all up to you. :thumbup:

6842208326_a93b0f3ba1_z.jpg

I can edit it more if you like, I'm still unsure about the border, I made the design myself.

feed back would be appreciated so I can get the final copy perfect.

the first build for challenge 3:

6981284711_0cb3ed8a1f_z.jpg

The border look's good. The dragon head might look better with some color in it? The word "dragons" needs some adjustment in the letters "a g o". Does anyone else have any idea's? Your building look's awesome! :thumbup:

the first build for challenge 3:

6981284711_0cb3ed8a1f_z.jpg

A good starting WIP. A few suggestion if I may... I would flip the door hinge so it is on the inside of the build. The color scheme up top seems a little dark. It may just be the lighting though. I can't tell if it is dark brown and dark red, or dark brown and reddish brown.