Sign in to follow this  
Admiral Starwind

Custom MOC requests

Edited on 09/14/2006

Well after the response i got from the St Lawrence and the Pallada I gave it some thought and here it is

MOC REQUEST THREAD

If you want to have a ship made custom by me here is what i will need and what you will get.

What i need:

1) A picture of the craft in question givin various angles (more than one picture is required if you would like more detail, pictures can consist of photo's, hand drawing, paintings, or sketches)

2) specify whether or not you want a brick built hull(will require more pieces) or a lego pre fab hull

3) specify whether or not you want Minifig scale(will be bigger) or model scale(much like the St Lawrence with her scaled down guns.

4) Specify if you want me to follow the same color scheme in the pictures or not and if the ship is gunless then specify where you want gun ports(see threa on Pallada in MOCS)

5) PM me your e-mail address so i may send the zip file to you once it is completed.

What you'll get:

1) Your own thread dedicated to the progress of the ship design

2) Input on how the ship turns out as i go along

3) A zip file containing images that illustrate the step required to recreate said masterpiece(also known as an instruction booklet.

4) Parts list including parts numbers and quantities

5) Demensions of the vessel

6) MLCAD file in case you wish to explore your model further

Now due to the complexity of some MOC's please allow 2 - 4 weeks for delivery.

I think this is a very interesting idea but I'm wondering if anyone will actually go for creating a ship entirely from scratch. I'll give it a go in mid November when I have more time because I'm curious to see how this will go.

Anyway, I'm posting to ask is this a Question and Answer thread or just a Requests thread or both? Regardless I have some questions...

Both so shoot.

I'll go fetch my harquebus...

What i need:

1) 2 or 3 pictures of the craft in question givin various angles

What kind of pictures do you mean? Hand drawn by the person utilising your services or sourced from somewhere like Google Image search?

In the case of actual photographs it might not be possible to provide different angles. Are you willing to work with only one angle or is a strict requirement that you must have more?

If you only have one angle the requestor may have to accept that the detail may not be there but best thing to do is let me see the photo and i'll ne able to tell whether or not it can be done. Alot of times i work off one photo and just use suplementary photo's for detail work. I have edited the main post stating such. I also wonder if perhaps this thread belongs in the MOC forum?

You know it probably does belong in the MOC forum so I suppose I'll move it... Eventually... There's no rush is there?

What do you mean by "suplementary photo"?

Okay, I do have a request,

The HMS Surprise/Rose,

Enough pictures can be found on this site, minifig scale, and same colour scheme please.

I leave the choice of a Brick built hull or standard hull to you, but I prefer the brick built hull.

Please use as much as details as possible, what I would really appreciate is if you find a way to create proper looking headrails

By the way, you can find my email adress here.

According to some of your previous ships, I have all trust in the you Admiral, If you accept it, I wish you good luck!

Admiral Starwind, how big will these ships be? Will they be the same scale as an official LEGO ship or will the be a huge MOC scale? I presume you'll make them in Mclad so you'll have no piece limitation.

well like i said scale size or minifig if you give me a ship that has 22 guns down its side and you want it to be minifig scale then be prepared for it to be large. With it being model scale i have some tricks to scale it down.

Okay, I do have a request,

The HMS Surprise/Rose,

Enough pictures can be found on this site, minifig scale, and same colour scheme please.

I leave the choice of a Brick built hull or standard hull to you, but I prefer the brick built hull.

Please use as much as details as possible, what I would really appreciate is if you find a way to create proper looking headrails

By the way, you can find my email adress here.

According to some of your previous ships, I have all trust in the you Admiral, If you accept it, I wish you good luck!

Very well Mr Tiber I accept and shall set about designing her now the head rails do pose a challege but i never step away from a challenege.

Edit

After further considerration the headrail shall in fact be easier than i anticipated.

Headrails are the face of a ship, or a part of it, the other part is the stern...But you said you found a way to make them, please share it with us, it could be useful, the building of the Acheron is going smoothly, except that I can only finish one half, but I also need headrails and your idea might be useful.

lets see some headrails! I've got my ship nearly complete but am still lacking those.

Admiral Starwind, are we going to get constant updates of your progress or do we have to wait in the dark until you're done? By the looks of thinks you've got an auidence so it would probably be best to please them as they will undoubtedly increase the popularity of your service.

Well here are the fabled head rails of the HMS Rose i havent actually got to the construction of the ship still in the planning stages but i hammered these out for ya guys not quite sure im happy with how it looks but we'll see.

This is of course only the top rail on the starboard bow there will be the connecting bars to the lower rail and all the way down to keep etc yadda yadda

headrails.jpg

Well here are the fabled head rails of the HMS Rose i havent actually got to the construction of the ship still in the planning stages but i hammered these out for ya guys not quite sure im happy with how it looks but we'll see.

This is of course only the top rail on the starboard bow there will be the connecting bars to the lower rail and all the way down to keep etc yadda yadda

headrails.jpg

Mmmmhh slopes, I never thought about that, BTW in case your interested, here are my last headrails on the Unpredictable

voorschot.jpg

While you are working on the Rose, are you also working on or accepting other projects? If so, I've got a few that I would like to see.

Yup I am still accepting other projects Monkey, cause honestly I hate working on the same one straight cause at the end i hate the ship so if i have two or three to switch back and forth between it really helps.

headrails.jpg

Mmmmhh slopes, I never thought about that, BTW in case your interested, here are my last headrails on the Unpredictable

voorschot.jpg

Yeah i'm still not quite sure how you did that with the head rails, but thank you Mt tiber you just gave me a EUREKA cause i had thought of another way to do the head rails and then forgot last night when you guys wanted to see what they would look like but the head rails on the Rose are actually going to implement HINGES dun dun dun. Tune in for more in the MOC thread as i roll around to that step.