Sign in to follow this  
Cousarmy0001

DIY anchors

So I'm continuing to tweak my frigate Thunderchild. I've developed a figurehead that I think goes well with the size of the ship, added a rudder, made a few changes to the color scheme, and I've redesigned her hull to accomodate two more guns per side (bringing her to 14 guns instead of the original 10), though I've yet to order the parts for that.

Now I've been stuck for a while on anchors. I've got a functional capstan that's only mostly copied from the Imperial Flagship, and I've got anchor chains, but the standard Lego anchors seem inadequate for a ship her size, and the ones I designed in LDD didn't work AT ALL.

I've seen some awesome anchors on some of the frigates out there, like on Achille and on Greenhair's tutorial, but I haven't been able to get any good detail shots of those anchors so I can see all of the parts that make them. Can any of you shipfitters and naval architects offer any advice or plans?

Captain Greenhair and Perfectionist are roughly using the same technique.

Not quite! I believe the "crown" which is the bend part is in both cases made of 3mm hose which was bend and cut and black cones; however the shank is made differently and my stock is SNOT, but that also makes it larger. There's also a 3mm hose going all thw way through the shank for better integrity. :pir-classic:

You can see a close-up of my anchor dsign here:

p1020163.jpg

Late reply, but I hope it's helping someone.