Sign in to follow this  
Finntech

8297 B-model (buggy)

Hi,

I have own this set from 2008 but never build the B-model. Now I decided to give it a shot and also make it full RC.

Specs:

2 x m-motor for propulsion (gearing 12:20)

1 x m-motor for steering

1 x m-motor for motorized chassis

PF lights

There's also suspension and fake V-8 engine but unfortunately no 4WD. But it's not that bad considering that it is a buggy not an "real" off-roader like A-model.

It drives very well, I'm surprised that m-motors gives a relatively good speed and torque. Maybe because I use re-chargeable batteries in PF-batterybox? For me it looks like they are giving more torque than normal batteries. Weight of this car is about 1,5 kg so it's not huge but not tiny either. XL-motor would been better of course but since I don't own one I use m-motors.

Pictures and video, 1:10 on the video shows the chassis function. I hope you like this mod. :classic:

8297_1.jpg

8297_3.jpg

8297_chassis.jpg

8297_engine.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnBnZ1aubj8

Edited by Finntech

You should consider using a differential to link the two motors, they never run at exactly the same RPM and it may prevent damage.

- Sok.

You should consider using a differential to link the two motors, they never run at exactly the same RPM and it may prevent damage.

- Sok.

I see... It didn't come to my mind to be honest. Thanks for the tip!

[bUMP]

Madonept just posted this

of his "version of lego 8297 alternate model- Buggy! Used parts from other sets, added some huge wheels and Power function XL motors!"

168.jpg