Pingles

Life of George - Lego bricks + iOS

The Android Life of George app just got an update, and now it works on my Galaxy Nexus. So time to go buy the set again I guess :)

Got this as a xmas present from my son (wife really, as he's only a few months old). Played it on my wife's iPad and found it quite fun as did she.

However, I'm really waiting for the Windows Phone and Windows 8 versions which were announced a few months ago. Has anyone heard anything new about it since?

However, I'm really waiting for the Windows Phone and Windows 8 versions which were announced a few months ago. Has anyone heard anything new about it since?

I don't know if this applies to Life of George, but I have heard rumors from a few software Dev friends, that. Lot of developers are really "slow walking" Windows 8 versions of existing apps and games because of some real dissatisfaction with Microsoft over back end issues and policies regarding the Windows App Store (or whatever they call it.) you know there is an issue when they describe Apple as an order of magnitude more friendly to work with. A lot of it stems from the draconian certification process and policies, and all of the harsh fees involved. The Dev's grudgingly tolerated it for XBL because of the Xbox's 10's of millions of users. But those same policies and harsh fees when the installed user base is only a few hundred thousand? Yeah they're not rushing to be first in line for that. ( one friend quoted me that some of those fees can be $40,000, when the max potential customers was maybe 250,000 assuming every Windows Tablet user bought it. Not good math at all.)

HELP - I just got a copy of this and i am trying to locate the IOS so I can use it,

PLEASE: The Life of George and Build Your Brain apps

Regards,

Howard