yoraish

Little Boy - Lego Technic Rock Crawler [MOC]

@ jippen: Welcome to Eurobricks! :classic: I'll upload the PDF Parts List onto SkyDrive when I get home from work. I've been re-establishing all of the broken links from the (now defunct) MegaUpload, but it's taking a while....

PS: I'm new to PF elements: is it normal to have a bit of delay? I'm less then 1m away from the receiver and it happens often for it to keep going 1second after I stop pressing the remote knob.

I've found that in bright sunlight (where the sun is causing IR interference), I also have the same issue as you - sometimes the motors keep going for a second after I stop pressing the 8885 remote lever. I've also found that this happens if you are pressing the lever on the 8885 remote, but then use your other hand to cover the IR transmitter at the front of the 8885 remote (without letting go of the lever).

I've never had this problem inside with direct line-of-sight communication between the remote and receiver though.

I don't know anything about the IR signal being sent, but it's almost as if there is a continuous signal being sent from the 8885 remote when the lever is pressed, and a 2nd signal being sent when the lever gets released. If the 2nd signal is received by the receiver then the power stops immediately (indoors). If the 2nd signal isn't received by the receiver (due to interference or loss of line-of-sight communication) then the receiver keeps applying power for a second before stopping. But this is just my amateur interpretation of what is happening... :sceptic:

I don't know anything about the IR signal being sent, but it's almost as if there is a continuous signal being sent from the 8885 remote when the lever is pressed, and a 2nd signal being sent when the lever gets released. If the 2nd signal is received by the receiver then the power stops immediately (indoors). If the 2nd signal isn't received by the receiver (due to interference or loss of line-of-sight communication) then the receiver keeps applying power for a second before stopping. But this is just my amateur interpretation of what is happening... :sceptic:

Pretty much spot on from my recollection of the official PF documentation. :sweet:

@ jippen: The PDF Parts List for Yoraish's "Little Boy" Lego Technic Rock Crawler has been uploaded to SkyDrive here. I updated the links in my previous posts about this topic, and crossed out MegaUpload. :sceptic:

DLuders Thanks man, i appreciate that a lot.

Also on the topic started, nice moc.

Keep up the great work