Sign in to follow this  
alienwar9

WIP: 10230 Mini Modulars

I saw these little guys on the front page and went nuts! I decided to make my entire city in miniature scale 1:4 just like these guys. But I also decided to try and quickly make these.

Now that I have finished them all, here is the entire street. Enjoy!

10230-mini-modulars.jpg

LXF

The only piece replaced is the string with a chain. I don't know what pieces are on the insides, so I left that out. I only worked off the pictures so if instructions are out already, that would definitely help fix these :laugh:

Cafe Corner was the biggest pain, but I have to say it turned out looking the best.

EDIT: Fixed the Cafe Corner fan thanks to bbqqq (Nachapon S. ?)

Edited by alienwar9

I saw these little guys on the front page and went nuts! I decided to make my entire city in miniature scale 1:4 just like these guys. But I also decided to try and quickly make these.

:oh:

Here we go again... :laugh:

Yeah, I loved this mini-set as well. Good work you got going on them.

The only technique I spotted that can't be re-created in LDD is the fan over Cafe Corner.

Here we go again... :laugh:

:laugh:

Here is the fire brigade!

fire-brigade.jpg

LXF

And I've included what I could manage to make for the fan over Cafe Corner. Not exactly it but... :tongue:

And here is green grocer!

green-grocer.jpg

LXF

Green Grocer was really really hard for me to figure out from the pictures. I'm pretty sure I botched a lot of the techniques up :blush:

Green Grocer was really really hard for me to figure out from the pictures. I'm pretty sure I botched a lot of the techniques up :blush:

I think they may be cheating with the fire escape. There's no room for 48729.

Haven't tried it in LDD myself, but it might be off by just a tiny bit, acceptable in the set but not in LDD. LDD tends to be a lot stricter than the sets themselves.

Well then....

:laugh:

Amazing job on that :thumbup:

And yeah, that fire escape took a little while to figure out, mostly because I couldn't see the lower half from the pictures and LDD was so picky. But it actually looks like it REALLY doesn't fit in LDD, even if you would try it in real life. Go figure

In LDD it seem to be that annoying problem that you cant fine-tune the position of the 48729 - it only moves in the predefined increments. If you could make it move "half" way between the increments points, it may actually fit in LDD too.

(maybe a challenge for someone who dares take it on :tongue:)

Good job Alienwar9! It's fun and challenge to build by photos without instruction. I love to play this "puzzle games", too.

You can use groups function to group each building for easier to "play" them on LDD.

Thanks guys who like my fine-tune. Here another one. Not sure correct or not.

LXF

6190476583_4940b61f71_z.jpg

LDDScreenShot47 by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Edited by bbqqq

Thanks guys who like my fine-tune. Here another one. Not sure correct or not.

Yeah, that’s what I did too, but I think it should be a headlight brick at the top? Anyway, I wasn’t able to fine tune it well enough. Well done!

I think it should be a headlight brick at the top?

Yeah, that's what I thought too, but then it would have been completely impossible. I'll guess we'll have to wait and see when the set comes out. :classic: