Sign in to follow this  
Bjornu

Help with Indication!

Hello me hearties,

I want to build a ship that similar to the Renegade runner since this Runner was my favourite ship back then. ( my friend had one, and I was in love with that ship!)

So I've got some questions:

-What Ship type has the Renegade Runner ?

-I've got the three Caribbean clipper boat parts+ an additional middle hull, Am I able to build a Proper "Renegade Runner" with these 4 parts?

-Should I use 1 or 2 Middle sections from the Caribbean clipper hull parts?

-How many guns are installed on the real ship of the type the Renegade runner has? ( The Renegade Runner has one gun)

If anyone could answer one of my questions( or all) it would be awesome!

Thank you in forward!

Greetz Bjornu :jollyroger:

a gaff rigged sloop (might be spelled wrong :pir-sceptic: )

I suppose there were sloops in various sizes, 8 cannons, 14, 16, 24 ?

This is a pretty confusing subject, actually.

Given the renegade runner's sail plan, which has a single mast well forward, it does appear to be a sloop, as opposed to a cutter, which has the mast more centrally located.

However, a sloop is also defined as any non-rated ship (less than 20 carriage guns) captained by a Master and Commander in the Royal Navy. Such a ship might be a brig, or might be a ship (fully rigged with 3 masts).

A single masted sloop seems to have been a fairly small ship, and probably wouldn't have had more than 4 or 6 guns at the most. It seems like most single-masted warships/privateers/pirates were cutters instead.

You should decide whether or not you want your ship to have a single mast, and if you do, whether or not it should be a cutter or a sloop. I wouldn't worry overmuch in remaining totally faithful to the renegade runner.

Edited by cb4

Lets start!

1. Sloop

2. well, if you dont count at the ship will become a bit wider, then yes.

3. i would say 2, it would only look silly whit one. Ofcourse, this is again how you like it most.

4. For a sloop, i always have tryed to stay in 8 bigger guns, and 4 swivels, wich makes total of 12.At least, and 14 at most. 18-22 should go to cutters IMO. Again, its how you like it most. If you want it to be exactly like in 1700 century, wikipedia is a great site. For referenc, i use Bermuda sloop from POTBS. Hope i could help.

Captain Becker

Lets start!

1. Sloop

2. well, if you dont count at the ship will become a bit wider, then yes.

3. i would say 2, it would only look silly whit one. Ofcourse, this is again how you like it most.

4. For a sloop, i always have tryed to stay in 8 bigger guns, and 4 swivels, wich makes total of 12.At least, and 14 at most. 18-22 should go to cutters IMO. Again, its how you like it most. If you want it to be exactly like in 1700 century, wikipedia is a great site. For referenc, i use Bermuda sloop from POTBS. Hope i could help.

Captain Becker

becker,

Thank you for your advices ( and the other advices too)

I was a little bit unclear, but I get where I wanted to go to now.

The model I want to make is like the Renegade runner Mixed up with a Sloop.

Im going to install 8 Carriage guns: 2 in the back ( in the gunports that are premade in the hull part)+ 6 in the middle+ some swivels (im not sure what ones im going to use).

Further Im going to use 2 or 1 Middle hull pieces.

It's going to be a Pirate-Renegaderunner-sloop I can tell for now, because the Storyline I use will definately Change soon!

Thank you for your help

Greetz Bjornu