Sign in to follow this  
Zepher

Heroica RPG - Quest #7: The Arena

<Voice in sky hopes that Cronk remembers to put all actions Cronk wants to take in bold. :wink: >

Okay then, I will go over to the skeleton, and try to comfort him and discuss with him any means of escape.

Hybros goes over to talk to the Skeleton.

"Oh, you're... you're small. You're not that scary. Hi, my name is Garrison." Garrison offers his hand and Hybros shakes it. "Listen man, we got to get out of here. I'm not fighter. I can't survive up there!" Garrison moves his hand to his face and rubs it, revealing skin under what now appears to be white make-up. "I'm not strong. I just pretend to be! I wear this skeleton mask to scare people, but I'm just a normal guy. I think we should make a break for it now! I heard what Felton said! But maybe the cleric's only a rumor, and maybe there aren't less guards and maybe we'll just have lost more people. You heard what that archer did with that Orc. That could happen to me! I think we should just go now. If you go later... well, I'll probably still be with you then, if I'm still alive!"

Time Remaining: 18

<Voice in sky hopes that Cronk remembers to put all actions Cronk wants to take in bold. :wink: >

<Cronk will bold words when Cronk want take action. Cronk will not bold words when Cronk just talking to Cronk's friends. Do not question Cronk's choice of bolding, Voice in Sky.>

I grumble about needing to go to the bathroom, while walking around the cave checking the walls, floor, and ceiling for any possible passages out of the cave, but not opening any of said passages and making it look as if I'm trying to find somewhere private.

I'll go talk to the lady in white.

Jess goes to talk to the Lady in White.

"Hello!" beams the lady. "It's nice to see another female warrior! My name is Bell. I'm hearing murmurs of escape, but I would never be part of an attempt unless it really seemed to benefit me. I'm confident I can fight my out in the arena, so unless you guys make a good case... of course, I'd PREFER to beat the jerks who put us in here, but not if it results in me being killed. Make me a good offer, and I'll help you guys out!"

Time Remaining: 14

I grumble about needing to go to the bathroom, while walking around the cave checking the walls, floor, and ceiling for any possible passages out of the cave, but not opening any of said passages and making it look as if I'm trying to find somewhere private.

Master Docken mumbles and grumbles his way around the cave. He sees not exit except the one that the guards block and a small tunnel with a rock covering most of it. The heroes would not be able to pass through the tunnel unless they first moved the rock and then also had someone really small and impish to walk down the tunnel.

Time Remaining: 12

Hybros could walk down the tunnel. Imps have got to be impish, no? And Cronk or Eric could probably lift the rocks.

Why Ranger Docken pretend have go potty? Cronk really have to. Curse tiny Orc bladder!

Cronk will move rock blocking small tunnel.

Cronk agree Rogue Hybros should go see where tunnel lead.

Cronk also think Rogue Jess might make offer of gold to Bell. Gold is all Cronk's friends have bargain with right now. Good fighter might make big difference in escape. Cronk leave up to Rogue Jess to negotiate.

Cronk moves the rock, and a small tunnel is fully revealed. Hybros could, in theory, fit down it, as could Henry or Jess if they crawled. Strangely, though Cronk has put a lot of effort into the rock and grunted a fair amount, the guards have not stopped him, and in fact have a glazed over look in their whenever they turn to face the tunnel's direction.

Time Remaining: 10

Cronk many things but Cronk not stealthy. :blush: Um, maybe not so safe go down tunnel. Cronk will listen down tunnel and use keen Orc sense of smell to see if danger lurks down Tunnel.

Cronk many things but Cronk not stealthy. :blush: Um, maybe not so safe go down tunnel. Cronk will listen down tunnel and use keen Orc sense of smell to see if danger lurks down Tunnel.

Cronk can sense nothing in the tunnel, even with his super Orc powers.

Time Remaining: 8

Okay the, I'll crawl through the small opening, and explore the tunnel.

Hybros walks down the tunnel. The roof grates on his hat, so he removes it. He gets to the end of the tunnel and faces a wall. Hybros is confused for a moment before a small root like object bursts through the wall. Hybros is then even more confused. The root seems alive and places a small, rolled up note in Hybros' hand before pricking it and taking three drops of blood, costing Hybros 2 health. It then drops the three drops of blood back into his hand, but they have now become a red pellet, a blue pellet and a yellow pellet. Hybros walks back to his friends.

Bartholomew Docken

ava-bartholomew.png(played by Brickdoctor)

Level 7 Ranger

31-year old human male

Power: 11

Health: 13/13

Gold: 50

Inventory: 1x Mockthril Crossbow (WP: 4, suitable for rangers)

Sir Christopher Daggerfall MIA

019.JPG(played by Fred Fred Burger)

Level 6 Knight

27 year-old Human male

Health: 0\15

Gold: 12

Inventory: 1x Great Sword (WP: 5, suitable for barbarians and knights)

Cronk (Party Leader)

6040477366_1cbdd80346_t.jpg

Level 6 Knight

28 years old Male Orc

Power: 9

Health: 15/15

Gold: 0

Inventory: Bronze Longsword (WP: 3, suitable for knights and rogues)

Eric

eric_small.jpg(played by Khorne)

Level 8 Barbarian

30 year old Male Norse Human

Power: 12

Health: 11/15

Gold: 65

Inventory: Mockthril Club (WP: 4, suitable for barbarians)

Thothwick MIA

ava-thothwick.jpg (played by Professor Flitwick)

Level 1 Rouge

44 year old male Metasimian

Power: 6

Health: 0/7

Gold: 10

Inventory: 1x Shuriken of Mercutio (WP: 5, suitable for rouges and rangers)

Jess Islanti

6042579809_6e41d8c052_t.jpgJess Islanti (played by cralegoboy)

Level 6 Rogue

74 year old female Elf.

Power: 12

Health: 12/12

Gold: 30

Inventory: 1x Sword of Power (WP: 6, suitable for barbarians, knights, and rogues)

Hybros

6043175947_18b74f9140_t.jpg(played by JimButcher)

Level 7 Rogue

50 years old male imp

Health: 11/13

Gold: 35

Inventory: Mockthril Longsword (WP: 4, suitable for knights and rogues)

Henry Sicariul

heroicaava02.jpg(played by Peanuts)

Level 1 Rogue

22 Years old Male Human

Power: 4

Health: 7/7

Gold: 5

Inventory: 1x Shuriken (WP: 3, suitable for rogues and rangers)

Time Remaining: 6

Edited by Zepher

<Voice in Sky sound jealous of all cool thing Cronk can do. All kind of even out by Tiny Orc Bladder.>

What everyone think pellets mean? Should Cronk's friends distribute them to members of party? Cronk open to suggestions.

They must mean something, and hopefully they'll become useful in the future. Or maybe this note explains it, hehe.

I'd like to read the note.

<Distribution of the pellets and reading the note will not cost you further time!>

Hybros unfurls the note in his hand.

Dearest Heroes,

You are all doing so splendidly so far! Especially you Master Docken, killing that Orc was simply wonderful! Oh, this is fun! Just to let you, I'm rooting for you. Don't disappoint me. Here's a little gift to help you out.

XOXO,

Wren

P.S. When, or rather if, you return to the Hall, tell Scheherazade I say hi!

Well, is there anything else we can do? I can refuse to fight, right? Not that Hybros cares about hurting his allies if it means his survival...

Oh, so that's what the note says... hehe... maybe we should plant them?

Hmm. Cronk not sure what to do with pellets but Cronk find it interesting Lady Wren may be on party's side. Could color be significant? Maybe three of Cronk's friends should take one and hold onto pellet and hope friend can figure it out when need arises. How do friends think pellets be distributed?

Hm, I suppose we should distribute them. You can decide how you want to do that, Cronk, but maybe people who haven't fought yet may find a better use out of them.