Pinion - is there any way to ban spawning in Bedrock? It is not great as a building material (since you can't get rid of it), and is really only useful for griefing.

Pinion - is there any way to ban spawning in Bedrock? It is not great as a building material (since you can't get rid of it), and is really only useful for griefing.

We definitely have to ban it. Permissions should also probably be placed (if it's possible), so maybe all players start with simple non-destructive blocks until a while where people can use all blocks (minus bedrock).

That, and a whitelist. A little harsh perhaps, but so this doesn't happen again, it should be used.

The server is back to a whitelist. I'd prefer bedrock to be a useable material, as the roads are made of bedrock and it's nice to be able to extend it. I'd like to think I can trust the users on this server. If I can't, I'll correct the userlist until I can.

Oh no! The horror!

In an act of total irony, my house's bypass has been demolished. The train system is also in ruins.

The messageboard says that nogluten is a griefer. I'm pretty sure nogluten is r4-g9, but his house has also been griefed. I'm not sure who to blame here.

Anyway, we need a whitelist. I'll help rebuild the tracks once I have time.

i am not the griefer, and i had no idea that the server was being greifed, because i haven't been on scince early last week, when the only thing i noticed was all of my minerals were missing.

Hey,

I got back from holiday yesterday and unfortunatly I lost the IP of the server. Can you please PM me the IP and add me to the whitelist. :classic:

Is there a reason why I can't join the server?

2011-08-22 17:42:36 [iNFO] [PLAYER_COMMAND] Samcj7: /give sam 327 4 <-Lava Bucket

2011-08-22 17:44:48 [iNFO] [PLAYER_COMMAND] Samcj7: /give sam 327 8

2011-08-22 17:45:28 [iNFO] [PLAYER_COMMAND] Samcj7: /give sam 327 8

2011-08-22 17:52:23 [iNFO] [PLAYER_COMMAND] Samcj7: /give sam 7 64 <-BEDROCK!

2011-08-22 18:49:35 [iNFO] [PLAYER_COMMAND] Samcj7: /give sam 327 4

2011-08-22 18:49:45 [iNFO] [PLAYER_COMMAND] Samcj7: /time day

2011-08-22 18:50:47 [iNFO] [PLAYER_COMMAND] Samcj7: /give 327 4

2011-08-22 18:54:28 [iNFO] [PLAYER_COMMAND] Samcj7: /give sam 327 64

2011-08-22 18:59:08 [iNFO] Samcj7m: Have you seen all the damage?

etc...

You are banned for greifing the server.

i am not the griefer, and i had no idea that the server was being greifed, because i haven't been on scince early last week, when the only thing i noticed was all of my minerals were missing.

Don't worry, I wasn't trying to antagonise you or anything. As I said, your houses have also been griefed (though it's cleared up now). :classic:

The server is back to a whitelist. I'd prefer bedrock to be a useable material, as the roads are made of bedrock and it's nice to be able to extend it. I'd like to think I can trust the users on this server. If I can't, I'll correct the userlist until I can.

I guess you have a point, but a way of destroying bedrock would be great, and would make griefing pretty useless.

Bedrock should still have all its normal properties, except for the fact that we can destroy it. I've had major structures griefed with bedrock in the past, so I don't want to see that happening again.

I guess I was banned, but I wasn't griefing. I had been putting dirt down to smother lava, but I thought that was helpful....I sent you a pm anyways.

I'm very sorry to hear about this griefing incident....

Been waiting for this mess to clear up, and I lost track of time while trying out mods.

Can't wait until Minecraft starts working again ( :sceptic: ) so I can come back onto the server.

Umm, i think there still might be a griefer out there...

In front of my little shop, blocking the front door I found a sign saying "im coming for you" it was not there yesterday :hmpf:

Coming for me? Why? did I upset someone, I didn't touch anyones builds or anything? I'm confused.

So I started checking the other buildings and I found a sign on someone's house saying "... you are next."

Soo... what to do now?

Soo... what to do now?

I think that we should go whitelist for a while, let pinioncorp only add those who can be trusted?

It is on a whitelist. However those added before are allowed. The user who placed said signs was PieGuy78, and if he does grief the server, he will find himself kicked off.

If anyone playing Minecraft or is n pinioncorp's server and would like a new skin, I would be happy to make one for you. If you want one, drop me a PM and your specifications. I can have the skin back to you in a week, max.

Have a nice day everyone!

Me and Delta 38 just finished a sign for the server. :classic:

Pictures were too big to upload :sceptic:

Anyone know a solution?

You should probably resize the images first.

In other news, we've discovered what appears to be a griefer's house, or former house. :look:

Look under the Eurobricks sign near the palace, there's an underground bunker-like thing with a lot of chests. One of the chests is almost identical to one I lost, and another is very similar.

If you've lost chests, look there and see if you can identify anything. Please don't remove anything from the chests, just in case.

I've got a new link up for the Eurobricks Minecraft skin I made a while back, if anyone wants it...

6108794764_8c3d420f9e_t.jpg

Also, I made a quick collage! :classic:

6108238935_c33a8b250b.jpg

Larger image here.

Hi,

Myself and another player (bricklord551) have been busy building a medieval port on his sever and this is what we have built so far.

Photo was taken by the other player-Bricklord551.

6114483452_c8f3633b83_b.jpg

Most of the design work was done by me and Bricklord551 did most of the boring grunt work. :tongue:

Cheers

-Dutch

We've been griefed again! :sceptic:

The security of this server has seriously got to be rethought. This is the second random attack, and I've just logged on to help clean up some stuff.

Someone's even griefed my house, which has got to be one of the most pointless things to do ever. At least I can put my new moderator rank to good use.