Solscud007

Lego Built large format camera

Ugh. Nice idea, totally unrefined build. I think it sounds like cutting the plate was the only way to go, though. And what can you expect from someone who obviously isn't a dedicated AFOL.

Saw this a few days ago but didn't notice the shaved off studs... :sick: It's an interesting concept though. I wonder if anyone has ever done a realistic (as in based on the design of a real camera) camera that really worked with film. I've seen some great models of Leicas and a few other camera types, but I've never seen one that actually worked. *Goes to study internal workings of real film cameras and figure out what parts are required*

I wonder if anyone has ever done a realistic (as in based on the design of a real camera) camera that really worked with film. I've seen some great models of Leicas and a few other camera types, but I've never seen one that actually worked.

I remember seeing one; it was really bulky with a multi-layered case to prevent light from getting through, but it did work with film. Can't find it at the moment...

EDIT: here, here, here, and a few others here.

Edited by Brickdoctor

Something like that could be really useful for Brickfilmin'! Cool find.

Something like that could be really useful for Brickfilmin'! Cool find.

Not really. They all shoot film.