Flare

[MOC] Exclamation of Mutation

My newest Atlantis diorama.

An deep-sea explorer finds a crashed alien spaceship, leaking a mysterious liquid. All creatures that have made contact with this dangerous material have mutated into ferocious monsters! Dun dun dun...

5496694784_f2f868a5df_z.jpg

5496697450_712ba56750_z.jpg

5496700130_6533511176_z.jpg

5496702700_1ef9ff3fa8_z.jpg

5496750928_4c2f4102db_z.jpg

5496161551_0c9abd5166_z.jpg

5496753914_d21884252e_z.jpg

5496163169_44624e58fd_z.jpg

5496755648_b8979efb17_z.jpg

5496164409_d66bf15877_z.jpg

5496165441_b898ec9830_z.jpg

Thank you to noname for the idea of the crashed spaceship!

That's nice Flare!

I like the idea of atlantis people being mutants, and I also love that you made your little submarine only with parts from the seabed strider.

edit: am I a conformist? damn..

Edited by Decale

Good idea for the mutation. Such a good quantity of tan bricks.

Also I like your avatar. :laugh:

That's nice Flare!

I like the idea of atlantis people being mutants, and I also love that you made your little submarine only with parts from the seabed strider.

edit: am I a conformist? damn..

Thanks, Decale!

Good idea for the mutation. Such a good quantity of tan bricks.

Also I like your avatar. :laugh:

Thanks! I've been working on enlarging my tan collection for quite a while now :grin:

Hey, how is the shark held???

There is a hole in the very end of his tail, and I stuck that on one of the seaweeds :wink:

There is a hole in the very end of his tail, and I stuck that on one of the seaweeds :wink:

I didn't know that! And from any point of view you chose, it's unnoticeable. Nicely done!

Very nicely done Flare! I see you're vastly improving with your builds, and I really like the underwater terrain that you've created here. The uneven surface and abundance of sea weeds makes up for an effective seabed surroundings. Of course, the downed ship with the leaking mysterious liquid is a great focal point of this MOC. Excellent work! :thumbup:

Very nicely done Flare! I see you're vastly improving with your builds, and I really like the underwater terrain that you've created here. The uneven surface and abundance of sea weeds makes up for an effective seabed surroundings. Of course, the downed ship with the leaking mysterious liquid is a great focal point of this MOC. Excellent work! :thumbup:

Thanks KielDaMan!

That's really cool, I'm liking the abundance of tan plates and seaweed :thumbup: I'd like to see some small fish swimming maybe being chased by the shark, y'know as a kind of separate little thing going on :wacko: . The spaceship and atlantis craft are cool and I love the leakage :sweet:

The way you've got the shark in 'mid-water' is genius, spotty dog :thumbup::classic:

That's really cool, I'm liking the abundance of tan plates and seaweed :thumbup: I'd like to see some small fish swimming maybe being chased by the shark, y'know as a kind of separate little thing going on :wacko: . The spaceship and atlantis craft are cool and I love the leakage :sweet:

The way you've got the shark in 'mid-water' is genius, spotty dog :thumbup::classic:

Haha, thanks! :grin:

I really like this, the idea that normal sea creatures get mutated into the Atlantis sea monster characters is great :thumbup: . Both of the machines are well built, but for me the landscaping makes this work. I totally agree with Kieldaman, you have good changes in level which gives to me that 'ebb and flow' feeling of the sea. Some underwater MOC just don't look like they are underwater, but with the subtle level changes and the seaweed you have definitely pulled it off.

As the first Moc I'm commenting on I must say this.

Awesome:thumbup:

The trans orange stands out nicely from the trans green and tan. Where the more common trans neon green (radiation) would had blended in too easily. It also gives that alien fuel leakage look

Strangely enough I think the tan beveled gears (deep sea geysers spewing out green flames) and the lime green studs really make this for me. It adds that look of coral.

What I think would had made the icing on the cake would had been combining the old style shark with the mutated normal shark warrior. It would had given that even greater sense of mutation and linkage between them. Or even better :wink:red crab with the new crab warrior from the city.

great idea

Chase

As the first Moc I'm commenting on I must say this.

Awesome:thumbup:

The trans orange stands out nicely from the trans green and tan. Where the more common trans neon green (radiation) would had blended in too easily. It also gives that alien fuel leakage look

Strangely enough I think the tan beveled gears (deep sea geysers spewing out green flames) and the lime green studs really make this for me. It adds that look of coral.

What I think would had made the icing on the cake would had been combining the old style shark with the mutated normal shark warrior. It would had given that even greater sense of mutation and linkage between them. Or even better :wink:red crab with the new crab warrior from the city.

great idea

Chase

Thanks for your indepth opinion of my MOC, Chase! :classic: