Sign in to follow this  
David85

Bye-Bye Colors...

Lets hope MB's success makes TLC waking up from their wannabe-monopolist's sleep....

It hasn't in the last 5 years and they are doing even dumber megablock now.

Same here Vader. And we have the Duplo Castle & Tower to thank for the Grey & Brown changes. Before these sets Lego did not have these colors for Duplo. Lego wanted colors that were not as dark for young kids and they did not want to increase cost by making special shades for the Duplo Line. This is also why Lego would not change them back after many complaints. Also Lego looks at Adult fans as only 10% of total sales. All I can say is wow. If I did not love Lego I would wish for their demise. A company this stupid deserves to be financially punished.
IS this real "inside" information? That Dublo is the reason for color-change I mean :'(

And even if the adult sale was only 5% that would mean 70.000.000$ less :oo That's a gamble.

Same here Vader. And we have the Duplo Castle & Tower to thank for the Grey & Brown changes. Before these sets Lego did not have these colors for Duplo. Lego wanted colors that were not as dark for young kids and they did not want to increase cost by making special shades for the Duplo Line. This is also why Lego would not change them back after many complaints. Also Lego looks at Adult fans as only 10% of total sales. All I can say is wow. If I did not love Lego I would wish for their demise. A company this stupid deserves to be financially punished.
IS this real "inside" information? That Dublo is the reason for color-change I mean :'(

And even if the adult sale was only 5% that would mean 70.000.000$ less :oo That's a gamble.

Yes, that is the real deal. Lego wanted to make a Duplo castle and did color research for 6 months. The research found kids were more likely to want the new colors over the old. Lego said it was two expensive to keep both new and old so they changed the greys and browns to reflect the Duplo image.

And even if the adult sale was only 5% that would mean 70.000.000$ less  That's a gamble.

Yeah, I know. You also have to add in the value of all the free advertising adult fans generate for the company each year.

This explains why they justified the change with the "kids don't make any difference" argument

Yes, that is the real deal. Lego wanted to make a Duplo castle and did color research for 6 months. The research found kids were more likely to want the new colors over the old. Lego said it was two expensive to keep both new and old so they changed the greys and browns to reflect the Duplo image.
I'm speechless.

I ave to say that megabloks have put alot of work into making sets and boxes that appeal to kids where as lego seems to be stuck in a time warp :(

Still these new sets give me hope.

I ave to say that megabloks have put alot of work into making sets and boxes that appeal to kids where as lego seems to be stuck in a time warp

Should we save the "I like Megabloks" to www.Eurobloks.com instead ;)

But yes. Let's hope that Lego makes a good profit over christmas and that the new sets will do well.

I think most of them look great.

I think Lego will do very well next year with the new sets. I'm not sure it will be enough to pull them out of the slump they are in, but it will be a much better year. Lego needs to step it up and offer more exclusive sets to Target. Target is more upscale over Wal-mart as Lego is to Megablocks. Here in the US Target has really helped Lego gain some speed on Megablocks. The fight in Wal-Mart stores is much different. Megablocks sell two to one over Lego at Wal-Mart stores. I think Lego took a wrong move in catering so much to Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart has made Lego a discount toy. This goes against Lego's history. Lego is a premium toy of the best quality.

Talking of that. How does Toy-R-Us fit in? I heard that they would stop selling toys?

They may close the toy division to focus on Babies R Us or they may sell it. Everything is going to depend on this holiday season. If they do well this season they may keep both but split them so they don't have to share profits. If they do bad (and you can pretty much count on it) they will sell or close the toy division. If this happens Wal-Mart will rule the toy world with an iron fist and Lego will continue to sink.

Good God i dont want to see toys r us close :'( ive been going their for about 12 yrs and my walmart dosent carry much lego, will they close all toys r us worldwide or just in the states???

Also does anyone know if lego will be doing another midnight opening for Ep3?? Ive been to the last 2 and their something special.

Good God i dont want to see toys r us close :'( ive been going their for about 12 yrs and my walmart dosent carry much lego, will they close all toys r us worldwide or just in the states???

Also does anyone know if lego will be doing another midnight opening for Ep3?? Ive been to the last 2 and their something special.

From what I understand if Toys R Us decides to close its toy operation, it will be worldwide. I have the same problem here in the US with our Wal-Marts. They just have a few sets. Toys R Us always has a bunch to choose from.

I have not heard of them doing this yet for this time around. If I hear anything I will let you know.

Thanks Orlego, over here we dont get told. They just put this small poster on the side of the building and thats it no flyers or adverts.

Thanks Orlego, over here we dont get told. They just put this small poster on the side of the building and thats it no flyers or adverts.

Your welcome Vader.

The Toys R Us story has been big here in the US. Every major paper has been keeping up with the "Fall of TRU". If they do close it will be a sad day around the world.

Over here it hasnt been picked up by anyone really, but then alot of retail storys get ignord.

Oh.... I can't imagine that the Lego company try to use cheaper material *devil* *devil* *devil* *devil* *devil*

If they do, I won't buy Lego anymore *devil* *devil* *devil* *devil* *devil* *devil*