Sign in to follow this  
CptMugwash

Pharoh's Quest Steampunk Thingy MOC

Hi this is my first picture post on Eurobricks.

I decided that the new pharoh's quest line needed some extra firepower and came up with these.

They were pretty quickly made, very fiddly and fragile and would like to know what you guys think.

Comments and criticism welcomed.

The walker thing. I'm quite proud of this little model, it has a crotch gun! which is just the right height for blowing off those mummy heads.

5404539848_b7623ab283_m.jpg

More pics here.

10 points to anyone who can guess how the controls are attached.

The scarab thing. This was a pain, as you can see the legs are really fragile, I wanted 8 like a spider but didn't have enough pieces so it was more like the scarab from the set. I'm pleased at how the boiler turned out though despite having fire instead of steam but I don't have any ice cream scoops :sad:

5404505316_ba5319449b_m.jpg

More pics here.

Anyways, let me know what you guys think, picture, build quality etc.

Cheers.

Well there's two things I noticed her. First of all it has nothing to do with PQ other than the minifigure and second of all it looks way more diesel-punk than steam-punk to me. But getting away from the name I love these creations! Especially the spider :wub: The amount of detail you fit into one small thing while still keeping its shape is awesome. :classic:

Yeah I noticed that, I only have the bike and scarab PQ sets. Is it possible to change the title to Dieselpunk? I wasn't really sure on what else to call it, but I did say thingy lol :laugh: Thanks for the comments though, I do cheat a bit as I sacrifice functionality for asthetics but I think it looks better, it did take some time and patience to get them to stand up because they kept doing the splits. I didn't have any real idea in mind other than I wanted to make a walker and a spider/scarab thing.

Cheers.

Its very nice! All though its not exactly what I expected from the title, I love all the details on it...

Keep up the great work! :thumbup:

Thanks, I should have added 'ish' to the end of steampunk but I'll be more careful to name my MOCs more appropriately next time :classic:

Well, no matter what the name of the topic, these are pretty sweet! I love the walker.... :wub: Nice crotch... Gun. :laugh:

The scarab looks mighty fine, too! Those legs may be fragile, but it gives it kind of a swift and agile vibe to me. Well done!

Nicely done MOCs CaptMugwash! The first one reminds me a lot of a Dieselpunk version of the SW AT-RT, from the overall shape, to the legs, and that 'crotch gun'! :grin: The second one also resembles the SW spider droid, though I agree the legs seem to be a bit fragile for the relative weight it carries. But still, these two are very nice MOCs, good job! :thumbup:

Thanks for all the great comments! Yeah, I really wanted to use those pirate swords as legs, I might try a smaller moc with the swords. Lol I just noticed the resemblance with the SW AT-RT. An idea for my next one is to make one with a cannon :devil: I'm also going to expand my gold parts collection with some ninjago sets and POTC when they come out then I'll make an egyptian style one :classic:

Cheers.