Sign in to follow this  
Sergiu

Taj Mahal Lighting

I received for Christmas the 10189 Taj Mahal and after I built it in a couple of days, even though it looks very impresive and huge, I thought it could look a lot better if it had a lightning setup to match its appearance.

dsc_8641.jpg

So I asked a friend to make a custom lightning setup specifically for this set and he did. It consists of 2 sets of LEDs for the base(white and yellow), 1 set for the towers(yellow), 2 sets for the dome(white and yellow) and 5 sets for the main building(white, yellow, red, green and blue). Each light has its own switch so any combination between these colours is possible.

Here you can see a video with some of the combinations:

Unfortumately making this lightning setup also involved modifing some parts so the LEDs could fit, but despite this I think this set has become even nicer and more amazing with this lights.

I hope you like, and let me know what you think about it.

Edited by Rufus
Title spelling

Stunningly beautiful lighting.. :wub: That definitely makes the already impressive Taj Mahal set even a better model, especially at night. Kudos for pulling this lovely and truly effective modification Sergiu! :thumbup:

Wow, that really does enhance what already is a gorgeous set.

Excellent job. How many pieces did you end up having to modify?

Thanks for the comments!

I think that in each tower about a third of all the parts had to be modified. This was necessary because in the standard set there is abosolutely no room to put the LEDs. Apart from these parts, another 2-3 plates in the main building had to be drilled.