I present you my latest MOC:

The Hendrik Castle!

vkasteel_1.jpg

vkasteel_3.jpg

folder: kast.jpg_thumb.jpg

what do you think of it?

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Hi thomassio, that's a nice castle you have there, though I must say it's a tad bit colorful for a medieval castle. Maybe if you just toned down a bit on the dark red, dark green, and pearl gold and just used the more common grey tones it would've been much better. But I would assume this is due to lack of available parts, am I right?

Hi KielDaMan,

I admit the castle is build with pieces which were almost all by chance on my table.

But the idea was actually a little town with colorfull houses, and lots of strange angles.

But I don't understand what you mean with pearl gold, because only the flag is pearl gold.

Edited by thomassio

He probably meant the orange.

Anyway I think it looks great. While the colorfulness makes it less realistic looking, it also brings it to life and makes it less drab looking. I know this is a "debate" among many hobby enthusiasts. Do you go for the bright colors to make your creations pop, or have earthy colors for realism. I know people discuss this for painting miniatures, model kits, and of no doubt lego mocs as well.

I used to be the pro realism colors side, but then I realized everything would look too similar and hard to distinguish between each other. Your buildings may be too colorful and unrealistic but it allows each one to stand out and grab attention.

The only thing that looks odd is the one building at the corner that has tan on one side and blue on the other.

I used to be the pro realism colors side, but then I realized everything would look too similar and hard to distinguish between each other. Your buildings may be too colorful and unrealistic but it allows each one to stand out and grab attention.

The only thing that looks odd is the one building at the corner that has tan on one side and blue on the other.

lego40k, what you discribe was exactly my intention for this moc.

thanks for the comment!

about the blue/tan building, I hadn't enough tan pieces.

That's quite an amalgam of styles you've got here, thomassio. Gives it a rather interesting look, like if several different types of castle were weaved into a single structure. It's certainly unique! :thumbup: