5319374176_b18eaa1587_b.jpg

5319373772_a00f55530a_b.jpg

5318771641_fa29d49653_b.jpg

5318771867_ca81be7ec7_b.jpg

5318772777_7041beef83_b.jpg

5319371988_96de4c614e_b.jpg

Link to the video

Link to the flickr set

I built this model over the summer so that it could replace LEGO's Holiday Train running around the tree. It's basically just a lot of blue tiles, headlight bricks, and brown windows (obvious BL orders involved). She runs very smoothly considering the massive size of the locomotive. I needed two 9v motors under the coal car to power it to my liking. There's a battery box in the coal car that powers the light on the front and also lights up the red smoke coming from the locomotive (I wanted it to be 9v but still have the light functional). I'd love to see this running on a full-size train layout some day.

Gorgeous, did you build the engine from a plan or is it your own design?Sorry, I'm new to trains so this might be an obvious one for the old timers around here. I'd love to get something like this going around my tree in the future. Very nice indeed, and great photos.

Gorgeous, did you build the engine from a plan or is it your own design?Sorry, I'm new to trains so this might be an obvious one for the old timers around here. I'd love to get something like this going around my tree in the future. Very nice indeed, and great photos.

I sure did build that engine from a plan; the Emerald Night's to be exact :tongue: . I used it as a guide and modified as I went. I'm no train buff either!

This looks very beautifully done. :classic::thumbup:

Do you happen to have a photo of the locomotive on a straight?

It is hard to fully grasp the locomotive when it is crawling along curves making the tight Lego bends.

Kind regards,

Teddy

This looks very beautifully done. :classic::thumbup:

Do you happen to have a photo of the locomotive on a straight?

It is hard to fully grasp the locomotive when it is crawling along curves making the tight Lego bends.

Kind regards,

Teddy

Unfortunately I don't own a single piece of straight track. Only those curved pieces for under the tree.

Excellent MOC! It is very accurate and highly detailed. The passenger wagon is very well designed and looks just like the real thing. :classic:

Extremely well done. :thumbup:

~buddy~

Unfortunately I don't own a single piece of straight track. Only those curved pieces for under the tree.

That is too bad. You could consider to align the locomotive in a straight line without tracks.

Personally, I am very interested in a photo of the locomotive without the boogies turning. :classic:

Kind regards,

Teddy