Fugazi

Pharaoh's Quest 2011

Are you saying this because we haven't heard any news, or has there bee word that it is not coming back? That's really too bad, I thoroughly enjoyed this theme and bought each and every set the first time I saw them, too bad. :cry_sad: Well, that's money to spend on other themes...silver lining, I suppose.

Just going off of the lack of any news regarding the continuation of the theme. Unless the rumoured 'Dino' line happens to be to be the follow up, then realistically the earliest we'd see Quest return would be the middle half of next year (this also assumes that this supposed Dino theme comes out for "January"). However, if the Dino theme ends up being non-related to Quest, then I honestly don't think our chances of getting a follow up to Jake's adventurers would be too good until 2012. I doubt TLC would want to have too many in-house adventure type themes going at once. Fingers crossed for more Quest in some form or another.

I don't think Lego will continue this theme. When I was at a few shops (Denmark and Germany) all the kids where going to StarWars, Ninjago, and some to City. However absolutly non went to the small hard to spot isle with PQ sets. I think most of those themes overshadow some of the smaller themes, making them less succesfull then they could. It is ofcourse possible that Lego will continue with this theme, but to me it seems unlikely since we will get the Dino 2012 theme next year (which could be a possible replacement).

But we can always hope :classic:

I guess this is the end of PQ :sad:

At least now I will be able to find these on sale for deep discounts like World Racers! :tongue:

Edited by prateek

Picked up two of each of the pyramid and Sphinx when they were on sale at TRU a couple of weeks back and finally got around to building them this weekend.

I have now completed my PQ collection of building sets, with multiples of everything except the cobra, scarab and battle pack...though I WILL get extra scarabs if they go on a decent price reduction. Also augmented with the pilot, explorer and pharaoh CMFs.

PQ05.jpg

I've really enjoyed this theme and it's a shame that it seems to be ending. Would have been nice to extend it just a bit...perhaps with the Pharaoh's wife? A temple? Some other Egyptian dieties? A river barge? Some crocodiles?

*sigh*

Alas, 'tis but a dream...

Highly envious of your collection there! :tongue: Has anyone seen the Scorpion Pyramid on discount yet?

Only the typical TRU sales of 20-25% off (it's 20% off this weekend, here in Canada).

No 'big price slash' yet. Of course, we don't typically get those up here anyway. That's more something that happens in the US and the UK. Lucky buggers.