Sign in to follow this  
F0NIX

NXT Rechargeable Battery

Have anyone testet the new NXT DC Rechargeable Battery Item #: 9693?

What is the diffrence from the old NXT Rechargeable Battery Item #: 9798?

Does any of the battery packs take damage if used with the 10V DC Transformer connected for a long time?

I want to use the NXT in a display at events and such, but also want to be able to have that rechargeable battery option so I can use it without connected to a transformer at other times.

Or is it better to make my own box for continous use of DC transformer for longer periods?

I was thinking the battery packs may work like an UPS when the DC transformer was connected to any of those rechargeable battery packs and the NXT was in operation...

Any thoughts and inputs?

From the Lego Education Catalogue

9798 NXT Rechargable battery

Capacity 1400mAH. Recharge time 4-5 hours. Needs adapter 9833. Colour dark grey (bley)

9693 NXT Rechargable battery

Capacity 2100mAH. Recharge time 4-5 hous. Use 8887 10V transformer. Colour off white.

I have run my NXT from mains, through the rechargable battery, for >48 hours continuous movement without issue.

Edited by roamingstudio

Have anyone testet the new NXT DC Rechargeable Battery Item #: 9693?

What is the diffrence from the old NXT Rechargeable Battery Item #: 9798?

Does any of the battery packs take damage if used with the 10V DC Transformer connected for a long time?

I want to use the NXT in a display at events and such, but also want to be able to have that rechargeable battery option so I can use it without connected to a transformer at other times.

Or is it better to make my own box for continous use of DC transformer for longer periods?

I was thinking the battery packs may work like an UPS when the DC transformer was connected to any of those rechargeable battery packs and the NXT was in operation...

Any thoughts and inputs?

Hi FONIX,

#9693 is a Lithium polymer (LiPo) type rechargeable battery. The LEGO 10 V DC transformer is also used for the PF LiPo. I have done some measurements on the latter see this thread here. I'd use the LiPo and I'd use it as UPS. As far as I am concerned, you can have the LiPo very extended times on DC. The electronics in that thing is pretty smart (max. input regulation, wide range of input voltages accepted - you really don't need TLC's 10 V DC power supply, use a cheap 12V/1A instead).

Regards,

Thorsten

I looked at the Lego Battery Pack at 60 quid plus charger at 20 quid and found this very expensive for a 2200mah 7.2 lipo battery icon_sad.gif

I did try Nimh Battery but at a nominal voltage of 1.2v compared to a normal disposal battery at 1.5v they did work.

The best solution that I have found is NiZn batteries that have a nominal voltage of 1.6v.

Hobbyking NiZn Battery