Sign in to follow this  
Tpatcher

Tpatcher's Castle Layout

So heres a few pics of my WIP castle layout. Its a combination of my childhood forestmen and the new 2010 kingdoms line. Its about 90% done, the only thing im adding are plastic capes to all the little figs, and whatever else comes up next year. The pics are from my phone so there a little blurry, but if anyone needs to see something better I can whip out my camera gear.

3929c0dc.jpg

So heres the sky shot, the Lion knights have their fortified town, ahead lies a forest, and behind is their farm.

f440b48e.jpg

In the dark forest is the dragon knights hidden hideout, where they raid traveling carts.

2ad0a01a.jpg

But they arn't the only people living in the forest. The forestmen keep watch, defending the lion knights through their hidden networks of rocks and trees.

3230b917.jpg

And heres what happens to cheap plastic junk you get in the battle packs!

Nice combo!

I always liked the combination oldies - new sets :thumbup:

Especially when you combine old torsos with new heads, armor and weaponry. This results in really nice figs! :grin:

Wow this is superb - I've been thinking about how best to integrate MMV and the new Castle - this looks great!! Nice Prison Tower Rescue set up too...

That is very cool! I'm extremely jealous ;) I never thought to use the new castle as the wall for a fortified town :thumbup: Do you have any closeups of the layout inside the town (around the buildings from the MMV) that you could show us?

Way to go, man! This is a great MOC! Your layout is much like one I have in mind - so, thank you so much for the pics! Now I have something that was on my mind made real! I'm a conformist!! :thumbup:

You've read my mind! I want to do this with my castle sets, but bigger. I want to make a territory for the crownies, lions, dragons, trolls and undead. Nice job with yours. If you got 'em, I'd like to see more pics.

This looks like a promising set up in the making Tpatcher. I would really like to look at some nice crisp photos from your camera to make out some of the finer details. Perhaps you could try shooting some photos with cardboard behind to remove the distractions from the background that tend to pull my eye away from the Castle layout. I may also suggest a little terrain or raised grass hills to give the surrounds a bit more pizazz.

ANT please try to post constructive comments rather than one word posts.