whung

10214: Tower Bridge

Thanks, and that must be why. I built both at once. :cry_happy:

And I can't take full credit, because my two sons helped me. :classic:

Usually when I build a set, I'm doing it with my twin brother. Thus, if we come to something big with two things built identically (or even just symmetrically, like the wings on a spaceship) we'll build both at the same time. It does indeed speed up the process considerably. I'm certain that if I get the Tower Bridge I may be doing the same thing-- only it'll be a little harder since I'd probably also be building it with my younger brother, so we won't be able to each get a tower all to ourselves.

Sorry if this is a little off topic, but this topic is current and seemed pointless starting a new topic. I'm going to buy this set when it hits the shelves here in Australia, however I was also wondering if the Taj Mahal is worth picking up, more so to use for MOCing? I can get it near half RRP and works out cheap for the amount of pieces included. There appears to be some useful pieces and a lot of not so useful pieces.

Half price for Taj Majhal is great! It has a good ppp ratio at MSRP as it is. But I agree, the many turntable bases are perhaps not the best part to have in huge quantities...

Does anyone have a picture, or know what leftover parts you should have?

Edited by Brickus

Does anyone have a picture, or know what leftover parts you should have?

I should have my review of the model done by the weekend, I'll make sure to include a picture of the spares, although I can say it being a large model there are a fair number of them :tongue:

Not to rush anyone, but when are we going to get a review of this set?

I'm doing it, I'm doing it! :tongue: Photos all taken, partly written, hopefully done today, if not tomorrow, sorry about the wait.