Hello.

I know, I'm mad about this vehicle.

01zil.jpg

ZIL 130 is a Soviet truck developed in early 60s. The vehicle was produced from about 1964 till 1991 in Moscow, and the production is continued by now in UAMZ factory. ZIL 130 is a simple truck, powered by a 6-litre gasoline engine, which allows it to go around 90 kilometers per hour. As I know, there were made more than 3 million vehicles. Fortunately, lots of them are still in use - repainted, modified, equipped with diesel engines. The name "work horse" fits very well, as this truck was used for every kind of work - the trucks were built as tractors, garbage trucks, cranes, etc.

07zil.jpg_thumb.jpg 09zil.jpg_thumb.jpg 11zil.jpg_thumb.jpg 12zil.jpg_thumb.jpg

It's a model of a pre-1976 ZIL 130 (later models had different radiator grille). It has got working suspension (front one is independent) and the whole vehicle is powered by PF XL motor. The truck is fitted with a working gearbox (from 8448 set), unfortunately it's not automatic ;)

d1.jpg_thumb.jpg d2.jpg_thumb.jpg d3.jpg_thumb.jpg d4.jpg_thumb.jpg

Here you can see some details of the vehicle. The hood, front grille and fuel tank.

100_4257.jpg_thumb.jpg 03zil.jpg_thumb.jpg

And a small comparison with my previous model.

You can see how slow it is and now you will know that my musical taste is broken, too.

That's all. Please, comment it ;P

Edited by trucker

looks really great.

could it handle offroad terrain?

I've tested it only on small obstacles and it was quite OK, but the gearbox is a bit weak for driving offroad. It's not a trial truck ;P

Cool one! I thought nobody has done this as it is from soviet side of Iron Curtain and most people here are from W-Europe / N-America. Nevertheless, I hope to build my interpretation of this truck at some point in the future :classic:

"To hell with the Scanias and other crap!"

While I do not agree with what you say, I applaud the way you say it :tongue:

It's nice to see a 1:13 scale model actually being able to move. You often see frames of these things collapse under their own weight! You model has so much torque that it rips whatever is on tow apart! :laugh: