dieselboy m

BrickArms Modern Combat Pack Photo Review, Commentary & Real Steel

s203_2010_03-07_002b.jpg

Hey guys and gals, just recently got the BrickArms Modern Combat pack and made a review where I show 'em off and give comparisons to the real guns they're based on. Please check it out, thanks!

Edited by LuxorV
Deeplinked video

Thanks for sharing this great review, dieselboy m :thumbup:

P.S. - I took the freedom to deeplink the video so it's directly viewable and enjoiable in the post :wink:

LuxorV

Thanks for sharing this great review, dieselboy m :thumbup:

P.S. - I took the freedom to deeplink the video so it's directly viewable and enjoiable in the post :wink:

LuxorV

Thank you very much, LuxorV. I actually didn't know that could be done. :wink:

Glad you like the review though. I'm not new to BrickArms, but it is my first time reviewing some BrickArms pieces. I was just so impressed with the set. I also just got my Army Men Weapon pack which I'll be reviewing soon, as well as a few assorted BrickForge pieces.

A very well presented video review that you have done down there! :thumbup:

Like the way you arranged both BrickArms weapons along with the real ones for illustration purposes.

Nice review! I really liked the videoformat, with the pictures of the real guns alongside the brickarms version. Also, your voice presented itself nicely. Good flow in the narrating.

My personal favourite of these weapons is the MP5, it's a nice size for my minifigs. A problem with some other weaponmodels is that they doesn't retain enough brickish feel. The assultrifle (forgot the name) carries this flaw in my opinion. But I really really like brickarms accessories. My interstellar marines needs more!

Again, thanks for the effort and the nice review.

Thanks for the feedback, all, I really appreciate it.

A very well presented video review that you have done down there! :thumbup:

Like the way you arranged both BrickArms weapons along with the real ones for illustration purposes.

Thank you very much. And yeah, I don't know if anyone has previously provided side by side comparisons of BrickArms with the real guns, but being a bit of a gun enthusiast it's something I like to do and thought I'd put it out there for others to see in case they'd take interest to it.

Nice review! I really liked the videoformat, with the pictures of the real guns alongside the brickarms version. Also, your voice presented itself nicely. Good flow in the narrating.

My personal favourite of these weapons is the MP5, it's a nice size for my minifigs. A problem with some other weaponmodels is that they doesn't retain enough brickish feel. The assultrifle (forgot the name) carries this flaw in my opinion. But I really really like brickarms accessories. My interstellar marines needs more!

Again, thanks for the effort and the nice review.

Thanks a lot! To be honest, I always feel awkward talking into the mic. But, I've really taking a liking to making video reviews as opposed to just written reviews. A bit of entertainment value there. Although, I choose to still use photos as opposed to straight video so that you can see the products in better detail and light than if it were just video.

I get what you're saying about the brickish feel. Some BrickArms look more like they could pass as an official LEGO accessory, whereas some are too detailed or too close to realistic proportions.

Thanks for the cool review! It really opened me up to BrickArms :thumbup:

Thanks! Well, as much as I love BrickArms, the way I look at it is, for the most part, you do have to be a fan of guns to be a fan of BrickArms (at least the majority of BrickArms that are based on real firearms). Otherwise, I'd imagine one would be content with the gun offerings from TLG for their LEGO gun needs. Either that, or one is a LEGO purist, so even with an interest in guns, they wouldn't be inclined to use BrickArms.

But, I would definitely recommend giving them a try, I can't imagine you'd be disappointed. :wink: