Bobskink

London, were do I find Lego?

Hello,

Next weekend I'll be going to London, I was very dissapointed to find out that Legoland Windsor is closed at the time,

so I hope thet there are some cool Lego and other Toys shops worth paying a visit.

If anybody knows a good address, please let me know.

Thanks,

Well, I am afraid there's not much I can say. Unless you go past Brent Cross where there is a very well stocked TRU ( they have all the new Lego ), all the in town shops are overstocked with the old Summer wave, and are taking ages to restock. I have tried everywhere. Sorry, out of town TRU's might be your only hope until later in January. I am going out today though and will inform you if anything comes up though. :sweet:

Edited by The crazy one

Thanks, but I was hoping thatthere would be a store were I can find things that can't be found in regular toystores in Belgium.

It's so strange that London doesn't have a Lego store.

I hope to maybe find some cool things at Forbidden Planet.

Are you from London Crazy one?

Thanks, but I was hoping thatthere would be a store were I can find things that can't be found in regular toystores in Belgium.

It's so strange that London doesn't have a Lego store.

I hope to maybe find some cool things at Forbidden Planet.

Are you from London Crazy one?

Yup, I live in Chelsea. :classic:

It depends wherabouts in London you are talking. Outside Central London (eg Brent Cross) there's a few TRUs, town centre toy shops and all the usual big department stores. You will also find some Lego in the larger supermarkets (eg "Tesco Extra") and in the Argos catalogue department stores. There is a Lego shop in the Bluewater Shopping Centre which is about an hour from Central London.

In Central London you don't have a lot of choice. Hamleys have a very good range and stock most of the current sets available however, they also charge between 10-20% above RRP on most sets. There is an Argos on New Oxford Street and most of the big department stores on Oxford Street itself. They don't tend to have a huge selection though.

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Rog

London DOES have an official LEGO store, it just takes a little effort to get to. Go to the LEGO Store at Bluewater.

Get the Docklands Light Railway to Woolwich Arsenal, and then the route 96 bus to Bluewater from there.

The whole trip takes about an hour and a half each way though, so put a good movie on your iPod!

London DOES have an official LEGO store, it just takes a little effort to get to. Go to the LEGO Store at Bluewater.

Get the Docklands Light Railway to Woolwich Arsenal, and then the route 96 bus to Bluewater from there.

The whole trip takes about an hour and a half each way though, so put a good movie on your iPod!

Thanks,

To bad it's that far away, I doubt my girlfriend will like waisting two hours on Lego (and them me only looking, not buying )

I just checked on Google Maps, Bluewaterisn't really London anymore.

Edited by Bobskink

That's what I said! :tongue:

Thanks,

To bad it's that far away, I doubt my girlfriend will like waisting two hours on Lego (and them me only looking, not buying )

If you just want to look then Hamleys on Regent Street is all you need!

Cheers

Rog

That's what I said! :tongue:

If you just want to look then Hamleys on Regent Street is all you need!

Cheers

Rog

Uh uh, Hamileys is very badly stocked ATM.

In terms of independent stores, Toys Toys Toys in Barnet has a reasonable selection. When I was last in they had the new airport, the farm sets and a number of the construction sets from City. No Castle, a few Pirates and a few other bits and pieces. They always seem to be about 5% above RRP though.

Does anyone else know good independent stockists in London?

In terms of independent stores, Toys Toys Toys in Barnet has a reasonable selection. When I was last in they had the new airport, the farm sets and a number of the construction sets from City. No Castle, a few Pirates and a few other bits and pieces. They always seem to be about 5% above RRP though.

Does anyone else know good independent stockists in London?

Toys Toys Toys have a decent range, independent toy stores are so scarce these days. Although, before Christmas they had NO Star Wars Lego at all.

I thought I'd bump this topic to add some helpful info for people who want to go to the LEGO Store at Bluewater in the future:

You can actually get to Bluewater from central London in under 40 minutes by catching the Southeastern Highspeed train service from St Pancras to Ebbsfleet Intl station, and then a shuttle bus to Bluewater. Return tickets for the train is £13.30 and £3.50 for the bus. You may think this is expensive, but when you consider how much time you save to do touristy stuff in London you can see how it is worth it. Plus, 150mph trains are fun!

Surely there must be an Argos or large Tesco somewhere? It would surprise me if there wasn't. :look:

Surely there must be an Argos or large Tesco somewhere? It would surprise me if there wasn't. :look:

I said there was an Argos in New Oxford Street. There are no Tescos big enough to stock Lego in Central London.

Cheers

Rog