Ashi Valkoinen

MOCs: Models of trains running in Hungary

Fortunately @Vilhelm22's Instagram comment reminded me to post the photo of full assembly here, so there it is:

53529938545_afd48b302b_k.jpg

IMG_8025_sm by Donát Raáb, on Flickr

One step closer to complete the layout I dreamt about since 2010. This is my LEGO train station, an average Hungarian mainline station somewhere in the suburbs of the capital, Budapest. This is not the replica of an existing station, but a station built in the mood of Hungarian renovated mainline station and a LEGO-creation, which supports my needs when it comes to play with my trains. The station has six long tracks, each one has a platform and a storage yard (not shown on image, bottom left corner) and a branchline track is attached to the double track mainline. I have this station for a long time by now, but since December of 2023 I replaced all TLC's R40 points and curves to FX Bricks R104 switches and curves for better and more aesthetic operation - and all of the switches are now motorised and controlled by the software I created to manage the train routes and corresponding signals at my layout.

Simply amazing...

On 2/14/2024 at 4:11 PM, Ashi Valkoinen said:

which supports my needs when it comes to play with my trains

Ha ha ha, if you lined all of your lego track end to end you probably have more linear km of track than a few small railways in the world.

On 2/17/2024 at 3:58 PM, zephyr1934 said:

Simply amazing...

Ha ha ha, if you lined all of your lego track end to end you probably have more linear km of track than a few small railways in the world.

Actually, the six tracks seem to be not enough anymore, a seventh track is under construction...