ADHO15

Clone Conflict Discussion

Some taster photos:

republic.jpg

troopsoverviewdroids.jpg

:alien:

I have plenty more close-ups and pictures of the other vehicles too. :thumbup:

Wow! I'm assuming you have a few CIS vehicles then, because that Republic army looks very strong. :thumbup:

I'm looking forward to seeing the final armies. :classic:

By the way, are those Imperial speeder bikes? Check the list of allowed vehicles to see which sets you can take them from. :wink:

Edited by ADHO15

Wow! I'm assuming you have a few CIS vehicles then, because that Republic army looks very strong. :thumbup:

Thanks.

Yes, my CIS army is quite large. Three AATs, five Droid Tanks, two Homing Spider droids, two Hailfires and three Spider Droids. Not forgetting the seventeen STAPs, MTT, two Wheelbikes and four Droid Carriers from the BPs. :blush: That reminds me, can we use the STAPS from the Naboo Swamp set?

By the way, are those Imperial speeder bikes? Check the list of allowed vehicles to see which sets you can take them from. :wink:

Whoops. :blush: Just ignore those two please.

I tend to use them in all my dioramas, sorry. :grin:

EDIT: I would like to say how well done the stats, maps and unit information sheets are! Great job! :thumbup:

Edited by Jammiedodger714

Thanks.

Yes, my CIS army is quite large. Three AATs, five Droid Tanks, two Homing Spider droids, two Hailfires and three Spider Droids. Not forgetting the seventeen STAPs, MTT, two Wheelbikes and four Droid Carriers from the BPs. :blush: That reminds me, can we use the STAPS from the Naboo Swamp set?

Wow! I'd say that is a bit bigger then. It's your choice then, which side you want to play as. :classic:

Whoops. :blush: Just ignore those two please.

I tend to use them in all my dioramas, sorry. :grin:

EDIT: I would like to say how well done the stats, maps and unit information sheets are! Great job! :thumbup:

No problem.

Aw, thank you very much! :sweet:

we got ZERO chanche to win!

:laugh:

Edited by ADHO15

I've read through the rules ADHO, nice work! You've put a lot of thought into this. There may be a few kinks but I'm sure these will get ironed out during play. I'm actually off on holiday this Friday/Saturday 'til after the following weekend. Will I still be able to play afterwards?

Unfortuntely my armies may not be quite as large as I'd hoped given your set restrictions...

No custom figs, vehicles or weapons are allowed.

I may have a wee bit of a problem! My AT-RTs and BARC speeders although the same units are all MOCs! The official sets have all been 'digested' :sad:

By the way, are those Imperial speeder bikes? Check the list of allowed vehicles to see which sets you can take them from.

I also have a couple of Z4-Zs - but these were used by the Republic in the Clone Wars too? Mine (piloted by Clones) come from 2 x 7139 Ewok Attack.

I think my army may end up being quite small!

Additionally looking at the statistics for the OG-9 it seems a bit underpowered - considering they're almost an equivalent to the Republics's SPHAs. Their anti-vehicle capabilities meant they destroyed scores of AT-TEs during the Battle of Geonosis. I'm happy to go along with your statistics of course but it doesn't look like they could destroy much with that low attack score - other than the odd couple of infantry units! :laugh:

@ Jammiedodger - some armies! Hope you can find someone with an equivalent enough army to play against!

I've read through the rules ADHO, nice work! You've put a lot of thought into this. There may be a few kinks but I'm sure these will get ironed out during play. I'm actually off on holiday this Friday/Saturday 'til after the following weekend. Will I still be able to play afterwards?

Maybe. It depends on how many players we get. If round one lasts that long, I will try to include you. :classic:

Unfortuntely my armies may not be quite as large as I'd hoped given your set restrictions...

I think my army may end up being quite small!

I'm sorry about that, but without rules and restrictions, games cannot be played properly. :sceptic:

I may have a wee bit of a problem! My AT-RTs and BARC speeders although the same units are all MOCs! The official sets have all been 'digested' :sad:

You mean you've turned them into MOCs, or you only have MOCed versions? If I can see they've only been modified, I will probably let you use them. If all the pieces have been used in other MOCs, you've have to rebuild the vehicles if you want to use them in the game.

I also have a couple of Z4-Zs - but these were used by the Republic in the Clone Wars too? Mine (piloted by Clones) come from 2 x 7139 Ewok Attack.

As I said to Jammiedodger, they're Imperial speeder bikes that cannot be used in this game. It seems you are the ideal candidate for examples of how the rules affects someone badly. :grin:

Additionally looking at the statistics for the OG-9 it seems a bit underpowered - considering they're almost an equivalent to the Republics's SPHAs. Their anti-vehicle capabilities meant they destroyed scores of AT-TEs during the Battle of Geonosis. I'm happy to go along with your statistics of course but it doesn't look like they could destroy much with that low attack score - other than the odd couple of infantry units! :laugh:

I didn't think they were that powerful. I don't remember them being anywhere near as powerful as, say, Hailfire droids. I guess I'm used to them being pretty weak, like they are on the Battlefront games.

They're still better than small vehicles or infantry!

Do you mean the MTT? The com. transport comes in the newer MTT set.

The Platoon Attack Craft comes in a set on its own and carries battle droids.

Err, I looked on Wookiepedia, and it looks like the PAC is the little transport with MTT (yes I have this one). See here: Platoon Attack Craft (Wookieepedia).

Is this what you mean for the PAC?

Err, I looked on Wookiepedia, and it looks like the PAC is the little transport with MTT (yes I have this one). See here: Platoon Attack Craft (Wookieepedia).

Is this what you mean for the PAC?

I know that they're both supposed to be the same vehicle, but to avoid confusion, I called the smaller one the com. transport as it was often seen with the big dish mounted on it.

8911032_1.jpg

The other, larger, older one, looked more like the PAC, so I kept that as that.

7126-1.jpg

I'm sorry if this goes against what you have, but those are the rules in this game, I'm afraid. :classic:

Nope, that actually works to my advantage. :classic: I have the comm. transport and the MTT, but don't have the older one.

I thought you meant that the crap speeder from the AAT was the comm. transport, and the PAC from the new MTT was the... PAC.

Nope, that actually works to my advantage. :classic: I have the comm. transport and the MTT, but don't have the older one.

I thought you meant that the crap speeder from the AAT was the comm. transport, and the PAC from the new MTT was the... PAC.

Oh, good. :thumbup::tongue:

No. That's nothing but the back of the tank, not a separate vehicle.

The com. transport is effectively the PAC of the new MTT and the PAC is the old 'battle droid carrier'.

Settled. :classic:

You mean you've turned them into MOCs, or you only have MOCed versions?

They're MOCs from top to bottom! Can't really rebuild my originals at the moment. Nevermind!

It seems you are the ideal candidate for examples of how the rules affects someone badly. :grin:

Indeed! Boo! :wink:

I didn't think they were that powerful. I don't remember them being anywhere near as powerful as, say, Hailfire droids. I guess I'm used to them being pretty weak, like they are on the Battlefront games.

I've never played Battlefront actually. I'm just basing my information from the films, books and other games. Wookiepedia has info on them and there's a basic entry for them OG-9 in the Star Wars TCG game here compared to the stats of the AT-TE. The term 'Homing' comes from the main laser which continually focuses or homes it's beam on it's target, decimating shields, armour etc.

Anyway it's looking like a CIS army may be the best bet for me, with a large majority of my Republic army air based or MOC'd!

At last, I have managed to gather my entire current army and take a pic!

Behold! My mighty CIS army! :grin:

p1060136_small.jpg

(pic is link to BS gallery with more pics. Check the last few pics. :wink: )

Grievous (with Lightsaber and pistol), Dooku (w/ LS), Palpy (w/ LS), and Gunray (with pistol)

65 BDs (63 with rifles, 2 with snipers)

5 Pilot BDs with pistols

4 Security BDs with snipers

3 Rocket BDs with snipers

2 Commander BDs with rifles

14 SBDs

3 HSBDs

3 Assassin Droids with snipers

2 Assassin Droid Elites with snipers

2 Droidekas

1 Dwarf Spider Droid

1 MTT

1 AAT

1 HSD

1 Hailfire

1 Assassin Droid Bike

1 com. transport

1 Bloodfin

2 Snail tanks

2 Dooku's speederbike

4 droid transports

6 STAPs

And since I always need to ask questions :tongue: here are some more (although I think I already know the answer to them):

Some units can be moved in groups. Does this mean they can be unloaded in groups too?

Heroes can be revived too, right?

If you have two Elite Assassin Droids on the A.D. Bike, does the bike gain 1 or 2 Defense?

Why does the little Transport from the AAT not have any function?

An idea for pedro's problem: If he still has all the instruction booklets of the sets he owns, couldn't he maybe just take a pic of those and post it?

troopsoverviewdroids.jpg

Nice army. I guess you outdid me. :hmpf_bad::tongue: But I don't think those megaphones are allowed as weapons. So, if you do decide to play as CIS and take a pic of your vehicles, you better make another one of your army with the correct weapons as well, or else you'll be screwed. :tongue:

They're MOCs from top to bottom! Can't really rebuild my originals at the moment. Nevermind!

Indeed! Boo! :wink:

Sorry about that, pedro.

I've never played Battlefront actually. I'm just basing my information from the films, books and other games. Wookiepedia has info on them and there's a basic entry for them OG-9 in the Star Wars TCG game here compared to the stats of the AT-TE. The term 'Homing' comes from the main laser which continually focuses or homes it's beam on it's target, decimating shields, armour etc.

Anyway it's looking like a CIS army may be the best bet for me, with a large majority of my Republic army air based or MOC'd!

Okay. I'll remember that in future. It's a bit late for me to be changing stats now, though. :sceptic:

Thanks for the suggestion.

At last, I have managed to gather my entire current army and take a pic!

(pic is link to BS gallery with more pics. Check the last few pics. :wink: )

Excellent army, Oky. :thumbup:

I just hope we can find enough Republic armies to combat all these CIS forces.

And since I always need to ask questions :tongue: here are some more (although I think I already know the answer to them):

Some units can be moved in groups. Does this mean they can be unloaded in groups too?

Heroes can be revived too, right?

If you have two Elite Assassin Droids on the A.D. Bike, does the bike gain 1 or 2 Defense?

Why does the little Transport from the AAT not have any function?

Yes, that's correct. Units like clone troopers and battle droids that can move in small groups, can also be loaded and unloaded in groups, unless the vehicle becomes full.

Revived as in brought back to life? Right.

The bike only gains defence when it is piloted by an Elite Assassin Droid. Seeing as one seat is for the pilot and the second for the gunner, the bike can only gain one defence.

Because its small and pathetic. :grin: It would move at the same speed as a unit and has no extra weapons. It wouldn't improve the defense of the unit very much, so I thought I needn't bother.

An idea for pedro's problem: If he still has all the instruction booklets of the sets he owns, couldn't he maybe just take a pic of those and post it?

I guess so, but the idea is that I can see all your army assembled and ready to do battle. Sending in a fleet of instruction booklets wouldn't get you very far.

It's your choice, pedro. I'll see what you can come up with.

Nice army. I guess you outdid me. :hmpf_bad::tongue: But I don't think those megaphones are allowed as weapons. So, if you do decide to play as CIS and take a pic of your vehicles, you better make another one of your army with the correct weapons as well, or else you'll be screwed. :tongue:

Oh, gosh! I never even thought of including them as weapons! Oops! :blush:

All mine have proper blasters, so I forgot about them.

Sorry if this messes up what anyone else has done, but they're fine to be used.

They are all the same, 74-Z (Wookiepedia) and are used by both the Republic and Imperials.

Sorry ADHO, I may not be able to play as time is difficult to come up with and my army is mainly MOCced.

I know they are, but I'm just being picky like that. :tongue:

That's too bad. As I've said, I don't know how long the games will last, so it might end up taking a while, and if you don't have that much time, then nothing can be done. :sad:

Edited by ADHO15

Everyone needs to start getting there army pics posted, or at the very least, lists of what you have. Proof in the form of photographs will be required before you start your first game, however.

I hope this isn't a problem for you all. I'm pleased with the amount of interest the game has, but in order to get it started, I need you all to enter properly with your pics. Thanks. :sweet:

The rest of my army:

heroes.jpg

troopsoverviewdroids.jpg

troops1.jpg

troops2.jpg

troops3.jpg

troops4.jpg

In there are:

89 Battle Droids (2 with rifles)

4 Geo Battle Droids

6 Geonosians

3 Rocket Battle Droids

5 Commanders (three missing blasters which are on a movie set)

6 Security Battle Droids

3 Pilots

9 Droidekas (one from MTT)

19 Super Battle Droids

6 Rocket Arm Super Battle Droids

4 Magna Guards

6 IG Class Assassin Droids

1 Buzz Droid

vehicles1.jpg

vehicles2.jpg

vehicles3.jpg

cttandmtt.jpg

17 STAPs

Comm Transport

3 AATs

5 Droid Tanks

2 Homing Spider Droids

3 Spider Droids

MTT

2 Hailfires

2 Wheelbikes

1 IG Droid Speeder

4 Droid Transports/Carriers (from BPs)

2 Dooku Speeders

Apologies if some units I have included are not in the game. :classic:

:oh: Superb army, Jammiedodger! :thumbup:

You've got loads of great units and vehicles there!

However, where might Nute Gunray and the droideka be? They need to be in the picture too to be included, otherwise I don't know if you really have them.

The rest looks great, though. Good luck with the game. :classic:

:oh: Superb army, Jammiedodger! :thumbup:

You've got loads of great units and vehicles there!

However, where might Nute Gunray and the droideka be? They need to be in the picture too to be included, otherwise I don't know if you really have them.

The rest looks great, though. Good luck with the game. :classic:

Thank you! :classic:

I took seperate pictures of the Droideka and Nute Gunray, and stuck 'em on the other photos. Would you like me to take the pictures again? :look:

Btw, sorry I put the vehicles on my bed. The house is being redecorated still, and I would get in the way setting up all my army. :tongue:

Edited by Jammiedodger714

Thank you! :classic:

I took seperate pictures of the Droideka and Nute Gunray, and stuck 'em on the other photos. Would you like me to take the pictures again? :look:

Btw, sorry I put the vehicles on my bed. The house is being redecorated still, and I would get in the way setting up all my army. :tongue:

Why didn't you put them in the same pictures? I would prefer it if there was just one of everything together. You don't need to retake loads.

Thanks. :classic:

:laugh: That's fine. I don't care about presentation.

Why didn't you put them in the same pictures? I would prefer it if there was just one of everything together. You don't need to retake loads.

I... kinda forget them in my brickbuilt minifigure box. :blush: Nute Gunray was hiding in my City minifigure case! No idea how he got there... :wacko:

I'll retake them ASAP!

I... kinda forget them in my brickbuilt minifigure box. :blush: Nute Gunray was hiding in my City minifigure case! No idea how he got there... :wacko:

I'll retake them ASAP!

Great! Thanks. :classic:

What happens if there isn't a Republic army big enough to face, say, JD?

I'm almost finished gathering pieces for my Hailfire and Dwarf Spider, pics should be up by Friday.

What happens if there isn't a Republic army big enough to face, say, JD?

I'm almost finished gathering pieces for my Hailfire and Dwarf Spider, pics should be up by Friday.

Then I guess it'll be an overall CIS victory! :grin:

There has to be one Republic army and one CIS army in the final, so we'll see what happens.

Remember, a good strategy can always beat a bigger army. :wink:

Great! :thumbup:

Edited by ADHO15

cis_army1.jpg

My Heroes for the CIS.

cis_army_2.jpg

My army for the CIS.

And the Republic Army:

republic_army_1.jpg

Nicely organized.

republic_army_2.jpg

The army.

repheros.jpg

And the heroes. Missing from the hero shot is Mace Windu. (C3PO is holding a...hacking..thing?

Units:

8 B1-Battledroids

2 B1-Pilot Droids

1 B1-Security Droid

2 Super Battle Droids

3 Super Battle Droids with rocket attachment (SBD Commander?)

4 Assassin Droids

1 MagnaGuard

2 Rocket Droids

CIS Heros:

1 Grevious

1 Ventress

1 Gunray

1 Darth Sidious

1 Count Dooku

CIS Vehicles:

1 STAP

1 AAT

1 Spider Walker

1 Hailfire Droid

1 Assassins Speeder

Republic Units:

10 Phase One Clonetroopers

10 Phase Two Clonetroopers

1 Phase One Clone Pilot

1 Swamp Trooper

1 Commander Fox

1 Captain Rex

1 Commander Cody

Republic Heros:

1 Plo Koon

1 Senator Farr

1 C3PO

1 R2-D2

1 Mace Windu

1 Yoda

Republic Vehicles

1 AT-TE

1 Speeder from the 2007 Clone Battlepack

1 Swamp Speeder

1 Clone Walker from the 2009 Clone Battlepack

1 Command Station

---

If only we were able to use customs. I'd use my Ki-Adi Mundi and Bail Organa, along with my clone elite guard. I would have more, but I moved back in 2007, so all sets before that were destroyed while packing them. I managed to put together a few, like the swamp speeder, an A Wing, and a few other sets. I'm in the process of building a Lego Room, where I can set up all my sets nicely. Hopefully I'll be able to sort them, and possibly rebuild the old sets.

A quick suggestion, maybe in the future you could have a space map version of this. So that the air vehicles could be used. LA-AT's would be used as boarding ships, too.