ADHO15

Clone Conflict Discussion

I will can only play in the evening, because i will go to LegoWorld :grin:

Right. Next week, I'll pair you all up and then sort out a time that suits both of you. :classic:

If you end up scheduled nearer the end of round one, you will probably be able to use them.

Wait, what do you mean scheduled? Can a pair only play at a certain time? Can't we just do it so that we post whatever we want to do in our turn whenever we have time and you post the number you rolled for the other player whenever you have time etc?

Also, is it one normal die you are using for the game (i.e. is the largest number you can roll a 6)?

Can you make pairing requests?

I'm really interested but do I have to build moc's?

I have about a 15-20 clone army and the main leader is my republic clone general Mors A.K.A my sig-fig.

I have two clone turbo tank's 3-4 at-rt's 2 barc speeders.

I have one more question: are you going to be making separate battle threads, or are they all done in here?

Also, I would like to change my army to CIS. I have a lot better land vehicles in that than my Rep one.

Wait, what do you mean scheduled? Can a pair only play at a certain time? Can't we just do it so that we post whatever we want to do in our turn whenever we have time and you post the number you rolled for the other player whenever you have time etc?

Also, is it one normal die you are using for the game (i.e. is the largest number you can roll a 6)?

Can you make pairing requests?

Maybe. I think it would be easier and more organised if it all took place in one sitting.

You know the only die roll is at the beginning of the game? There is no use of a die throughout the rest of the game. The die used will be an ordinary six-sided die.

You can, I suppose, if both people agree, but otherwise, I'll just match up those armies that are equally powerful.

I'm really interested but do I have to build moc's?

I have about a 15-20 clone army and the main leader is my republic clone general Mors A.K.A my sig-fig.

I have two clone turbo tank's 3-4 at-rt's 2 barc speeders.

Not at all. You can if you wish, but they're not compulsory.

That sounds like a good army, but I'll need pictures to prove it. And remember, no custom figs.

I have one more question: are you going to be making separate battle threads, or are they all done in here?

Also, I would like to change my army to CIS. I have a lot better land vehicles in that than my Rep one.

Yes. There will be a separate thread for each battle. Only myself and the two players in that battle will be able to post in that thread, but everyone else is welcome to watch.

Fine with me. It's your decision.

You know the only die roll is at the beginning of the game? There is no use of a die throughout the rest of the game.

Oh! That makes sense! So, how many actions can you do per turn?

Oh! That makes sense! So, how many actions can you do per turn?

Five. :wink:

I see. Thanks, Jim. :classic:

Here are some more Qs:

Which vehicles take up more than one space/can move diagonally/can attack diagonally?

How does unloading units work? Can you only unload up to five units per turn or can you empty the entire vehicle with one part of your turn? And where do the units go when unloaded?

The rules state that some vehicles such as the AT-TE have a different RA in front and back. What do you define as "front" and "back"? And can you somehow turn the vehicle around to make the larger RA affect a different direction?

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Five. :wink:

Very good. :thumbup:

I see. Thanks, Jim. :classic:

Here are some more Qs:

Which vehicles take up more than one space/can move diagonally/can attack diagonally?

How does unloading units work? Can you only unload up to five units per turn or can you empty the entire vehicle with one part of your turn? And where do the units go when unloaded?

The rules state that some vehicles such as the AT-TE have a different RA in front and back. What do you define as "front" and "back"? And can you somehow turn the vehicle around to make the larger RA affect a different direction?

Vehicles that take up on space in front and one behind are the Juggernaut, AT-TE, AT-OT, Fighter Tank, MTT, AAT, droid transport and snail tank. The homing spider droid and hailfire droid take up two spaces next to each other.

Only vehicles that take up one space can move diagonally. Only the homing spider droid can attack diagonally when it uses its special ability.

You can unload up to five units per turn, but will then not be able to do anything else in that turn. Unloaded units appear on the space in front of the vehicle.

The AT-TE, for example, has more RA attack at the front. Vehicles cannot move backwards, so only things in front of the vehicle can be attacked with the higher RA.

Is that clear? :classic:

I hope its not too late to join. If I can join, I would like to be with the republic. :classic:

Not at all. That's great. :thumbup:

Here is my Republic army!

I will make soon more pics.

Very good. Some close-ups of all those figs would be excellent. :classic:

Remember everyone, having the rules doesn't mean you're entered into the game. You need to post your army here and then you're part of it.

Is that clear?

*Imitates a clone trooper* Yes, Sir!

BUT I still have some more questions (Will I ever stop? :laugh: ):

Can vehicles and/or units attack sideways?

Can units move diagonally or backwards?

Who decides the formation of the vehicles at the beginning of the game?

How is the stats sheet coming?

When will you send out the updated rules?

Probably three years after the game finishes. :wink:

:tongue:

I'll just figure the details out as I play. :classic:

*Imitates a clone trooper* Yes, Sir!

Can vehicles and/or units attack sideways?

Can units move diagonally or backwards?

Who decides the formation of the vehicles at the beginning of the game?

How is the stats sheet coming?

:grin: It's good that you want to be sure of everything before we start.

Most vehicles can only attack forwards or diagonally forwards. Those that can attack forwards and backwards on the same turn, can obviously shoot backwards or diagonally backwards as well.

Units and one-space vehicles can move in whichever direction you want them to. Large two-space vehicles can only move forwards or diagonally forwards, giving them a large turning circle. :tongue:

I will decide the formation, based on the selection of vehicles that you have.

Almost done. I just need to alter the stats of the units. Everything else is there.

I will send out the updated rules on Thursday, so you'll have a couple of days to familiarise yourself with anything new. Hopefully there won't be anything else you need to suggest after that.

Probably three years after the game finishes. :wink:

:tongue:

I'll just figure the details out as I play. :classic:

:laugh:

As you wish.

I finished the stats spreadsheet last night, but found that I'm unable to upload an xls file as an attachment. Because of this, the spreadsheet will also have to be sent out by email. If you want a copy, just let me know and it's yours.

This cannot be sent by PM as the information on it will not copy correctly at all and it'll just be a big mess.

If you feel uncomfortable giving me your email (not that I'll misuse it in any way), then I'm afraid you'll just have to decode the rules yourselves for the vital information.

I'll update the rules and send them out some time this week. No more players are allowed to enter after Friday, so make sure you get your armies posted here as soon as possible.

Thanks. :sweet:

Couldn't you just copy/ paste as text?

I'll get my army posted ASAP, I just have to rebuild my Hailfire and Spider droid.

Couldn't you just copy/ paste as text?

I'll get my army posted ASAP, I just have to rebuild my Hailfire and Spider droid.

No. It's not just text; it's text, pictures, shapes, colours, tables, etc.

Copy that into a post and it'll just go completely wrong.

Great. I look forward to seeing it. :classic:

It's not just text; it's text, pictures, shapes, colours, tables, etc.

But the initial word document with the rules isn't. :wink: I know it's a very long text, but at least people would know the rules without having to give you their email.

And yes, I'd like the stats sheet please. I hope you still have my email address?

I wont get around to take pics of my army until Tuesday, but then I will try to post it asap as well.

But the initial word document with the rules isn't. :wink: I know it's a very long text, but at least people would know the rules without having to give you their email.

And yes, I'd like the stats sheet please. I hope you still have my email address?

I wont get around to take pics of my army until Tuesday, but then I will try to post it asap as well.

No, but there were only a few pics mingled in with the text. These weren't in the PM-version of the rules.

However, the spreadsheet has pics of the maps, the vehicles and the units. Plus, the text is arranged in a table form, which cannot be recreated in a PM. :sceptic:

I'll send it now. I should still have it. :classic:

That's fine. I look forward to seeing yours as well. :sweet:

It was only a matter of time untill I would find out about this. :tongue:

Could you send me the rules via PM, my email account got wiped by a virus. :cry_sad: When I reactivate it, I will happily give it to you.

Also, is there any chance in the near future of a Galactic Civil War version? I have a very nice Rebel army, and Imperial, but my CW armies are somewhat lacking. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by The crazy one

No, but there were only a few pics mingled in with the text. These weren't in the PM-version of the rules.

So just copy the text then and upload the pics to BS or something and copy them into the copied text. :wink:

I got the file, thanks. It's very helpful! :thumbup: But I'm getting a circular reference warning message. What's that about? And why did you sum up the numbers anyway? :look:

Lol. I'm guessing that most of the battle on the Kashyyk map will take place on that thin piece of land below the water. :tongue:

And that map looks like it was heavily inspired by Battlefront II. :grin:

It was only a matter of time untill I would find out about this. :tongue:

Could you send me the rules via PM, my email account got wiped by a virus. :cry_sad: When I reactivate it, I will happily give it to you.

Also, is there any chance in the near future of a Galactic Civil War version? I have a very nice Rebel army, and Imperial, but my CW armies are somewhat lacking. :hmpf_bad:

Sure. I'll send you them now. :classic:

If this is a success, that will certainly be a possibility. :wink:

So just copy the text then and upload the pics to BS or something and copy them into the copied text. :wink:

I got the file, thanks. It's very helpful! :thumbup: But I'm getting a circular reference warning message. What's that about? And why did you sum up the numbers anyway? :look:

Lol. I'm guessing that most of the battle on the Kashyyk map will take place on that thin piece of land below the water. :tongue:

And that map looks like it was heavily inspired by Battlefront II. :grin:

I suppose, but that's a lot of hassle. :sceptic:

Just for reference a while ago to try to compare the sizes of the armies by power. You can delete them if you want. You don't need them. Just cancel the window that pops up.

Probably, but there are some units and vehicles that can cross the water.

:grin: You caught me! It was initially based on the BF2 map.

Sure. I'll send you them now. :classic:

If this is a success, that will certainly be a possibility. :wink:

Many thanks, I look foward to playing. :tongue::classic:

Edited by The crazy one