Sign in to follow this  
bub166

I'm wondering about soldier helmets...

I'm trying to build up a German army, (sorry if this belongs in Other Themes or Minifig Customization, by the way) but it seems I'm too late for BrickArms' helmets and soldiers. If anyone knows about them coming back, or another place that sells them, I would appreciate the information.

I don't really have the skill or supplies to make my own helmets, unfortunately.. The closest I got was cutting the bottom off of a full-head helmet. And that didn't even turn out well...

So thank you for any information.

Thanks! Those a German WWII era style helmets too!

As for Americans, I will probably wait for Toy Story, as the the shape of those is closer than BrickForge.

Uhm, BrickArms never had German helmets. BA German figs had kepis or "police" hats in dark grey.

The closest thing to German Helmets are the "Military Helmets" by BrickForge which are apparently mostly out of stock right now but I am sure will be re-stocked soon.

I'm not really saying they had German helmets, but they had helmets that could pass for German.

I'm not really saying they had German helmets, but they had helmets that could pass for German.

They sold 'M1 Pot Helmets' which are made by Oxford a korean company that makes clone bricks.

I had afew but I just traded my last ones.

Oxford and Sluban (an Oxford Clone) make them. You can find quite a few sets on sites like eBay.

I'm not sure about your area, but around me Wilko shops and stalls in a lot of town markets sell them instead of the more pricey Lego.

Not sure if Germans used Green uniforms.

Slight Green Camoflague, So you could use there torsos, But I would recommend Cap.Kirk's customs.:

group.jpg

The only war I believe they had mostly green uniforms was the Vietnam War:

Vietnam%20-%20The%20Squad%201-3%20(2).jpg

I'm trying to build up a German army, (sorry if this belongs in Other Themes or Minifig Customization, by the way) but it seems I'm too late for BrickArms' helmets and soldiers. If anyone knows about them coming back, or another place that sells them, I would appreciate the information.

While Will has traditionally focused on weapons accessories due to the complexity and costs of molds needed to create headgear, if you're willing to be just a bit more patient, I think you'll be VERY happy with what Will has planned for 2010 :wink:

All I can say for now!

EDIT: Ah, I didn't see this was an older thread before I replied. I don't like to contribute to necroposting, but bub, if you're still around, hopefully you'll find what I posted above good news.

Edited by the enigma that is badger

While Will has traditionally focused on weapons accessories due to the complexity and costs of molds needed to create headgear, if you're willing to be just a bit more patient, I think you'll be VERY happy with what Will has planned for 2010 :wink:

All I can say for now!

EDIT: Ah, I didn't see this was an older thread before I replied. I don't like to contribute to necroposting, but bub, if you're still around, hopefully you'll find what I posted above good news.

I was thinking off trying my own Molds soon, Mabye make my ersonal Accurate helmets, But if Brickarms are going to do one, I may try it out, But I know this isn't your guys fault but, everything sells out like hot cakes, It would probably be better making my own.

Unless Will has spectacualarly worked out a brilliant looking helmet with cheap fast production!