LuxorV

Half Life 2 decals

Continuing the series of new decals I made this summer, here are the decals of the main characters of the Half Life 2 series of videogames (waiting for HL2: Episode 3):

gordonfreemansuit_001.png

Alyx Vance

Barney

Combine Policeman

Combine Claws Symbol

Combine Special Corps

Dr. Kleiner

Dr. Mossman

Eli Vance

Father Grigori

G-man

Gordon Freeman visible eyes and forehead lines - opaque glasses - visible eyes

EDIT 26 August: Combine Elite/Spec Ops with red 'eye'

Hope you like them.

LuxorV

Beautiful! By some odd co-incidence I'm playing Half Life 2 Ep2 at the moment (5 striders to go...) and I've been feeling the urge to make Half Life MOCs! :tongue: Thanks!

The rest are very good too; Alyx is perfect and the G-man is creepy...

I love them! Do you have Steam?

46a678b60755b_featured_without_text_recropptedtop.jpg

There very similar! But doesn't the Combine Elite have a Red Eye?

Are you going to be making Rebels Uniforms (Medic, Rebel, Refugee) and Citizens?

Brilliant work LuxorV. You've really captured the characters...G man is so creepy. What is it about characters with halting, deliberate speech patterns that is so unnerving? You must have done a lot of research to achieve such good results... :laugh:

Thanks all for the positive feedback :sweet:

Beautiful! By some odd co-incidence I'm playing Half Life 2 Ep2 at the moment (5 striders to go...) and I've been feeling the urge to make Half Life MOCs! :tongue: Thanks!

The rest are very good too; Alyx is perfect and the G-man is creepy...

You're welcome, Mr. Walrus :wink: I'll be waiting to see your MOCs!

I love them! Do you have Steam?

46a678b60755b_featured_without_text_recropptedtop.jpg

There very similar! But doesn't the Combine Elite have a Red Eye?

Are you going to be making Rebels Uniforms (Medic, Rebel, Refugee) and Citizens?

Probably this is a stupid question, but what is Steam? :blush:

And yes, they have a red eye. But there is a very important reason why I made it grey: I didn't have the game at hand when I collected the reference pictures for the various characters, and so I looked for them on the net. When I made the Combine Elite (or Spec Ops as I called them), I used a reference picture where the 'eye' was not lighted, so to say', so it is not red but grey.

I'll make a red up-date asap :wink:

Brilliant work LuxorV. You've really captured the characters...G man is so creepy. What is it about characters with halting, deliberate speech patterns that is so unnerving? You must have done a lot of research to achieve such good results... :laugh:

Thank you, Walrus Keeper. It took some dozens of hours of intense play to grasp they nature in its depth :grin: (Except for the over-mentioned Combine Elite, which I deeply dislike in the game, and try to eliminate as fast as possible without looking too much at the colour of his 'eye' :devil: )

LuxorV

This is wonderful! I really love those decals. Also, coincidentally like "Gordon Freewalrus" over here, I happen to be playing the original Half-Life 2 on my 360 and have been looking for customization techniques to make minifigs. So thank you!

Follow Freewalrus, ON!

CT

Edited by Cyclone Titan

Thanks Cyclone Titan :classic:

Before you start printing them, though, you might want to take a look at the new version of the hazard suit:

hazardsuit_001a.png

as you can see, I added shadowing to give it more detail, following Princess Ariana's feedback from the BrickForge forum.

Of course, I modified the Gordon Freemanwalrus decals too: version 1, 2 and 3.

LuxorV

Probably this is a stupid question, but what is Steam? :blush:

LuxorV

Steam is Multiplayer community, But you can buy games straight from Marketplace and download them, then play them!

Its also what Half-Life: 2, Team Fortress 2 (My fav), G-mod e.t.c. runs on. So if you buy them on PC, They will use Steam. I am guessing you have Half-Life on X-box?

Thats a Idea! Could you make some Team Fortress 2 Decals?

32231241448371.jpg

Red Team, My Favourite... :thumbup:

Or if you could just make the Rebel Uniforms so I could make a figure like this:

3155084131_4289a639fc.jpg

Steam is Multiplayer community, But you can buy games straight from Marketplace and download them, then play them!

Its also what Half-Life: 2, Team Fortress 2 (My fav), G-mod e.t.c. runs on. So if you buy them on PC, They will use Steam. I am guessing you have Half-Life on X-box?

Actually, I don't have the game. I played it at my cousins'; that's why I didn't collected the reference pictures directly from screenshots.

Thats a Idea! Could you make some Team Fortress 2 Decals?

32231241448371.jpg

Red Team, My Favourite... :thumbup:

Or if you could just make the Rebel Uniforms so I could make a figure like this:

3155084131_4289a639fc.jpg

I'll see what I can do in the next weeks.

LuxorV

These are amazing :wub: Really like the updated HEV suit, it looks a lot better than the first one. Alyx looks a bit too clean perhaps, but I guess it's due to being early in the game :laugh: (that Alyx' clothes get dirtier throughout the game is a very nice touch)

Have you lost any buildings yet? (I.e., the Neigbourhood Watch achievement) As for HL MOCs, go ahead, make a strider :grin:

Have you lost any buildings yet? (I.e., the Neigbourhood Watch achievement) As for HL MOCs, go ahead, make a strider :grin:

I finished it that night... but I think I lost most of them. :blush: But I'm playing it on my PS3 (I own a 360 as well) so it doesn't matter about the achievement. The gnome one would have been fun though; I found him and carried him around for a while, but I didn't find out the purpose until later. :laugh: Making a Strider MOC would be interesting.

I'm playing Portal now and I'm almost finished that too.

I finished it that night... but I think I lost most of them. :blush: But I'm playing it on my PS3 (I own a 360 as well) so it doesn't matter about the achievement. The gnome one would have been fun though; I found him and carried him around for a while, but I didn't find out the purpose until later. :laugh: Making a Strider MOC would be interesting.

I'm playing Portal now and I'm almost finished that too.

The garden gnome achievement took quite a while and at times was mightily frustrating, but the "you're crazy!" reaction from others was totally worth it :tongue:

I really like that new HEV suit a lot. The shadows add a certain... flair to it.

Now I have a really weird request. Can you perhaps make a Fabuland sized HEV suit so we can make our own Gordon Freewalrus'?

Follow Freewalrus!

CT

How do you like this?

gordonfreewalrus_001.png

And, since I don't know of any Fabuland fig with an orange torso, here is a blue version for the normal walrus:

gordonfreewalrus_002.png

Enjoy

LuxorV

*Salivates* That's perfect. I couldn't be anymore pleased. They're just beautiful. I couldn't thank you enough. But, I'll try. Thank you 600 to the power of ten times!

CT

PS: When do you think Sinner will notice his new title? :tongue:

Nice Decals! :cry_happy: This Will Be Useful For My Half-Life Mocs I Currently Working On.(White Forest)And I Really Love The Game.I've Been Wating For Half-Life 2 Episode 3 For 3 Years Now.... :tongue:

Nice Decals! :cry_happy: This Will Be Useful For My Half-Life Mocs I Currently Working On.(White Forest)And I Really Love The Game.I've Been Wating For Half-Life 2 Episode 3 For 3 Years Now.... :tongue:

I'm glad you like them, and I've been waiting for Episode 3 with anticipation, too.

On a more netiquette related note, please try to avoid re-viving years old topics and do not write every word with a capital. Thank you :classic:

This is amazing. I have always wanted to make a half life moc but never knew where to begin. I will have to start doing some reading on what I need for decal printing so that I can make this a reality. Thank you for your efforts here. You are giving hard core half life fans like myself a goal with a means to accomplish it. Any images of a Gordon freeman minifig with your design?

Also any thoughts on the torso color, leg color, etc. I should be picking up for the G man and Gordon should I choose to go with clear decals? This will be my first attempt at a custom fig. I am thinking all orange for Gordon because the dark colors will cover it and a blue color for the G man.

Edited by mitchlt

Hi mitchlt, and thanks for your interest in these old designs of mine. I don't think I ever saw these decals in actual use, so I can't link you to those.

As for the parts' colours, I think orange for Gordon and blue for G-man, as you said, should work just fine.

Have fun with your project.

Hi mitchlt, and thanks for your interest in these old designs of mine. I don't think I ever saw these decals in actual use, so I can't link you to those.

As for the parts' colours, I think orange for Gordon and blue for G-man, as you said, should work just fine.

Have fun with your project.

i made them ill get the imgur link.

Here you go. http://i.imgur.com/tajANS2.jpg Ignore Atlas gordon was there for scale

Hey, I hit bricklink last night and bought a ton of stuff. I actually managed to find a minifig that is pretty well perfects for the G man design (the harry Osborne minifig from a spiderman series) a bit expensive but I found a perfect head, hair and briefcase too. So I should be covered there. I also was able to get a couple orange torsos which I will experiment with and a plain black one too. I have a feeling the orange will work the best if I am using the clear decals since orange will sit well on top of orange and the black and gray sections should cover the other orange parts well. I will try a few arm and leg combos and see what works the best.

I am probably in way over my head, but do you have any good info on how people made the little head crabs? I will need to attempt that too for any serious halflife Moc.

i made them ill get the imgur link.

Here you go. http://i.imgur.com/tajANS2.jpg Ignore Atlas gordon was there for scale

That looks pretty darn good. So you used a dark gray torso and legs? And did you use clear decals or white?

Do you recall the part numbers for the legs and torso you used? If not I can go on bricklink and figure it out.

Hey, I hit bricklink last night and bought a ton of stuff. I actually managed to find a minifig that is pretty well perfects for the G man design (the harry Osborne minifig from a spiderman series) a bit expensive but I found a perfect head, hair and briefcase too. So I should be covered there. I also was able to get a couple orange torsos which I will experiment with and a plain black one too. I have a feeling the orange will work the best if I am using the clear decals since orange will sit well on top of orange and the black and gray sections should cover the other orange parts well. I will try a few arm and leg combos and see what works the best.

I am probably in way over my head, but do you have any good info on how people made the little head crabs? I will need to attempt that too for any serious halflife Moc.

That looks pretty darn good. So you used a dark gray torso and legs? And did you use clear decals or white?

Do you recall the part numbers for the legs and torso you used? If not I can go on bricklink and figure it out.

i used a dark bley torso with dark grey legs dont have bley legs also clear decals for the face and white on the body since i didnt want to whipe the print off