Sign in to follow this  
Darth_Ewok

I need to start building more MOC's

I am not a big MOC builder, but after I organize my collection and practice (you get better with every model) I will build some things, what should I build? Give me some ideas for simple models that will help me build BETTER! (I really am a pathetic builder :$ , Well, I'm OK...)

I honestly believe I don't build well enough. If you guys have any ideas to help boost my SKILLZ ;) then please tell me! *satis*

Build a life-sized Super Star Destroyer :-D

As for building techniques, just try a bunch of stuff. I find new ways to use parts when I'm just messing around and connecting pieces in weird ways. Brickshelf is also a great place to get ideas (as you've seen ;) )

Build a life-sized Super Star Destroyer  :-D

As for building techniques, just try a bunch of stuff.  I find new ways to use parts when I'm just messing around and connecting pieces in weird ways.  Brickshelf is also a great place to get ideas (as you've seen  ;) )

Maybe I will ;)

The only things I REALLY am good at making are comic/diorama's I REALLY need to work on building basic MOC's

Is there a "Basic guide to building basicly on the web somewhere?" :|

Try getting inspiration from things that interest you favorite film/book etc.

Then just experiment with different ideas quite often I will start with an idea and it will evolve into somthing different.

Then just experiment with different ideas quite often I will start with an idea and it will evolve into somthing different.

I really like what Ickelpete said, look at what intrests you, for me, its WWII mocs, so I can look at picstures of a real WWII weapon pictures and re-create it with lego, so most definatly think about what intrests you, find pics of whatever that is and build away!

I really like what Ickelpete said, look at what intrests you, for me, its WWII mocs, so I can look at picstures of a real WWII weapon pictures and re-create it with lego, so most definatly think about what intrests you, find pics of whatever that is and build away!

Hey! That gives me an idea!

You will be seeing some MOC's from me after this christmas (hoping to get some good parts) *satis*

I find it easy if you advance a model at a time, e.g

1: simple MOC, speeder bike

2: Get slightly harder: Land speeder

3: Getting tricky in places: some tank, e.g TX-130s

4: Practice more SNOT on a starfighter

Then just keep advancing to more difficult things and before you know you'll be able to go back to a speeder bike and make one unbelievably better then your first.#

See what I mean?