Sign in to follow this  
ED-209

Watchmen decals

So I picked up the Watchmen Bluray on special the other day, and after seeing it again for the first time since it was in the theatre I thought "I know what I'll do, I'll make some Lego Watchmen decals just like so many other people have done before!"

So here they are, including a list of the colour parts they are intended to be used with (if anyone wants to use them, feel free to use whatever parts you like, these parts are just what I had in mind):

Jon Osterman, the superpowered Dr Manhattan.

WatchmenDrManhattan.jpg

Sand blue arms, torso, head and legs; light bluish grey hands (because there are no sand blue ones! :cry_sad: ); and black hips (unless you're feeling saucy, then feel free to use sand blue!)

Laurie Jupiter, the second Silk Spectre.

WatchmenSilkSpectre-1.jpg

Black arms, hands, hips and legs; yellow torso; black "Marion Ravenwood" hairpiece, or long hair.

Dan Dreiberg, the second Nite Owl.

WatchmenNiteOwl-1.jpg

Dark tan arms, torso and legs; brown cape, hands, hips and "Savage mask" from Brickforge.com

Walter Kovacs, the vigilante known as Rorschach.

WatchmenRorschach.jpg

White head; black hands; reddish brown arms, torso, hips, legs and fedora.

Adrian Veidt, Ozymandias - the Worlds Smartest Man.

WatchmenOzymandias-1.jpg

Sand purple hands and hips; black cape, arms, torso and legs; tan wavy hair.

Edward Blake, the vicious Comedian.

WatchmenComedian-1.jpg

Flesh arms; black hands, torso, hips, legs and tousled hair with side part. Plus a bunch of weapons from Brickarms.com

Any criticisms/feedback/suggestions? If people like these, I'll look at making some for the Golden Age heroes - The Minutemen.

Edited by ED-209

Amazing. You have to make more :thumbup: cause there so good. By the way what decal program do you use as I am alway's look for better decal programs Thanks.

C.K

Amazing. You have to make more :thumbup: cause there so good. By the way what decal program do you use as I am alway's look for better decal programs Thanks.

C.K

Thanks! :thumbup: I'm thinking that I would like to make the Minutemen (the first Silk Spectre, the first Nite Owl, young Comedian, Dollar Bill, Hooded Justice, Silhouette, Captain Metropolis and Mothman) - do you have any other ideas for figures? Moloch the Mystic perhaps? Big Figure? Hmm... I'm certainly open to suggestions here!

Well the official Lego torsos are pretty much all based on coloured line work, so I use Adobe Illustrator to draw the decals. It's basically the lesser-known vector-based cousin to Photoshop. I then rasterise the image with Photoshop, and convert it to JPEG format.

But that's an interesting point - what software do you use? What software does everyone else use? Should that be a question for a new topic?! :wacko:

They are all noice, but why are they not fleshy?

Ooh, they should be... why, what colour have they come out?! If the CMYK values are off, then I've probably just made a typo and will correct them. Sorry guys (facepalm).

(I'm at work right now, and the images are blocked from me! Damn, this is what happens when you post things late at night and don't realise that you've made a mistake! :hmpf_bad: )

Edit:

Yup, those colour values were off, so I've corrected them now. Cheers.

Edited by ED-209

These are pretty kuhl, I'm working on my own watchmen now... I have already done the minutemen, pics are on Flickr if ur interested.

Nice, but Manhatten looks like he's suprised, or he's useing this: O_O emoticon. :laugh:

LOL, yes I guess he does! He was meant to have a somewhat neutral expression on his face; as he gets progressively more and more emotionally disconnected from humanity. Or minifigdom, in this case!

Well the official Lego torsos are pretty much all based on coloured line work, so I use Adobe Illustrator to draw the decals. It's basically the lesser-known vector-based cousin to Photoshop. I then rasterise the image with Photoshop, and convert it to JPEG format.

--> Illustrator is mutch better for vector illustrations then Photoshop... that's why is called Illustrator.

--> You can also choise 'save for web' in Illustrator... and choise jpeg or gif.