Peppermint_M

Post about Cartoons and Anime you like

Honestly, I don't get all the hate for Avengers Assemble. Yes, I'm upset that it replaced EMH too, but that's not a reason to call it a bad show. It's definitely flawed and pales in comparison to EMH, but I think it's a serviceable show. It's certainly not good, but it's not the worst thing ever as many make it out to be. At least it's not as insulting to the source material and the viewer's intelligence as other superhero cartoons on TV right now, like Teen Titans Go! or Hulk ATAOS. :sick: Particularly the mid-season finale was decent, but I have to admit that I can't help but think how much more epic this storyline would have been in EMH... :sadnew:

Point taken, I'm just not a huge fan I suppose. Though Teen Titans Go isn't as godawful, to me, as the internet seems to think. Is it as good as the 2003 show? No way, not in a million years, and some episodes do blow, but it's a decent watch.

Some of it is watchable. If it had remained as five minute shorts it would have been entertaining. However a thirty minute, well plotted and interesting series that sat as a worthy successor to the Timm/Dini DCAU was cancelled on a cliffhanger and replaced by Teen Titans Go!

It my be circumstances were arranged like this, or just a coincidence but it puts fans of the previous (and old TT series) on a bad start.

DC haven't just dropped the ball. They've handed it over to Marvel in gift wrap and sat down on the pitch.

Point taken, I'm just not a huge fan I suppose.

No worries, my post wasn't really directed at you, more towards the exaggerated statements elsewhere on the internet that I have seen that describe it as the worst thing on the planet.

Some of it is watchable. If it had remained as five minute shorts it would have been entertaining. However a thirty minute, well plotted and interesting series that sat as a worthy successor to the Timm/Dini DCAU was cancelled on a cliffhanger and replaced by Teen Titans Go!

It my be circumstances were arranged like this, or just a coincidence but it puts fans of the previous (and old TT series) on a bad start.

DC haven't just dropped the ball. They've handed it over to Marvel in gift wrap and sat down on the pitch.

Exactly. Teen Titans Go! is a big slap in the face of fans of the original show. It's like the creators are saying: "Hey, remember that show you used to like that never got a proper conclusion? Well, we're bringing it back, but as a brainless, hyperactive comedy without any of the well-crafted plots and character development that you liked about the original". It's as if they had cancelled EMH to replace it with something like the Super Hero Squad Show. That, in my opinion, would have been much worse than Avengers Assemble.

See my deal with TTG is that, while some episodes are unwatchable dreck (Waffles is just ungodly terrible), there are a few that are, at least to me, gold, like the Bizarro episode where Robin thinks the Bizarro Titans are a better group than the slack-jawed chibi chimps he has as teammates, or one episode where we have Robin gather a group of Robins. That and some of the easter eggs they throw in are nice, and I vouch to say the comics based on the show are actually funnier (I got one on Free Comic Day last year and suffice to say I was dying). Overall it's "meh" but it has its good episodes and its unwatchable trash. Honestly the thing that strikes the biggest nerve with me is how the creators managed to get the original voice actors, but claim they never saw an episode of the original show. It's like handing me the job of writing for a reboot of Gummi Bears, and I haven't sat through a single episode.

One thing I can say is the blame being made on the show replacing Young Justice, which isn't true. Young Justice ended because the folks at Cartoon Network didn't like the demographics that the show got in the ratings (A higher female audience to male), and since they have the outdated notion that girls don't buy action figures, they gave it the axe too soon.

Avengers Assemble is somewhat better, but the thing I kind of see as a pet peeve is how they seem to spam the widescreen effect when it's not needed. Action scenes are okay, but scenes of just Iron Man flying don't need an aspect ratio change. But in all fairness, like you said, it's not as terrible as the internet claims.

I miss Wasp.

I try and watch some AA but I liked the other series.

Then, I'm not bothered with Spider-Man either as I liked the 90s series a lot better.

Oh my God, tonight's episode of Gravity Falls was fantastic. I was literally shaking at the end what with all the reveals and emotional impact.

Edited by Toa of Gallifrey

Oh my God, tonight's episode of Gravity Falls was fantastic. I was literally shaking at the end what with all the reveals and emotional impact.

I'm with ya, buddy! That was one crazy episode. Things are getting nuts.

Sadly, it seems things are winding down to a close. So I guess that means no Season 3. Though I guess that isn't too bad; it came and did what it needed to do without dragging things out needlessly.

I still need to watch more Gravity Falls. I saw a small taste of it and fell in love instantly but I haven't been able to watch more.

I am going to watch it with my sister later (yay, internet piracy!).

She got me to watch Over the Garden Wall too. That was interesting.

I'm with ya, buddy! That was one crazy episode. Things are getting nuts.

Sadly, it seems things are winding down to a close. So I guess that means no Season 3. Though I guess that isn't too bad; it came and did what it needed to do without dragging things out needlessly.

Don't worry, there's still many questions to answer. This is likely the final season, but I believe the plan is 2 seasons and a movie, so there's still more to come.

I still need to watch more Gravity Falls. I saw a small taste of it and fell in love instantly but I haven't been able to watch more.

You are in for a ride! :P

Yup, that Gravity Falls episode was pretty intense. I find it interesting that one of the fan theories about the identity of the author was actually correct and I can't wait to see the next one! Anyone know when it's gonna air? I hate that they're spreading them out like this.

Don't worry, there's still many questions to answer. This is likely the final season, but I believe the plan is 2 seasons and a movie, so there's still more to come.

Which questions are you referring to? And where did you hear about a movie? Personally, I think the main mystery of the series is about to be revealed, so there wont be much left to make a movie out of, let alone another season. They could easily keep it going by revealing another big mystery, but I agree with Kalhiki that this feels like the final season. I just hope they wont end it on a cliffhanger.

I'm not bothered with Spider-Man either as I liked the 90s series a lot better.

Yeah, it's certainly not as good as the 90's series, although that one had its flaws too. It was too censored (Spidey never threw a punch in that show) and the pacing was a bit off sometimes. My favorite is definitely The Spectacular Spider-Man. If you haven't watched it, I highly recommend you do.

Oh man do I ever remember the lack of punches and whatnot in Spider-Man. I never gave Spectacular a watch, but now I think I might have to.

Yup, that Gravity Falls episode was pretty intense. I find it interesting that one of the fan theories about the identity of the author was actually correct and I can't wait to see the next one! Anyone know when it's gonna air? I hate that they're spreading them out like this.

Which questions are you referring to? And where did you hear about a movie? Personally, I think the main mystery of the series is about to be revealed, so there wont be much left to make a movie out of, let alone another season. They could easily keep it going by revealing another big mystery, but I agree with Kalhiki that this feels like the final season. I just hope they wont end it on a cliffhanger.

Yeah, it's certainly not as good as the 90's series, although that one had its flaws too. It was too censored (Spidey never threw a punch in that show) and the pacing was a bit off sometimes. My favorite is definitely The Spectacular Spider-Man. If you haven't watched it, I highly recommend you do.

I'm mainly referring to stuff like Bill's motives, Gideon's motives, details on what the portal does, what happened with Stanley (or real Stan, or w/e), what is it exactly that the handyman knows that he doesn't let on, etc. Alex had mentioned originally that his plans were 3 seasons, then later said maybe 3 seasons and a movie. Even later said the plan now is 2 seasons and a movie.

Yeah, Spectacular Spider-Man is great. I really wish it got a third season.

So, I finished my first anime- K-ON! I saw it subbed- the dubbed voices sounded poor, so I choose subbing.

Dang, was it a journey. I love the show, and the movie was pretty good. The whole series makes me so happy- it's probably the most fun I've ever had with a series. I'm gonna miss the feeling of coming back home from a hard day in real life and just putting on an episode of K-ON and forgetting all my worries. I did like the movie, just a little let down on its placement in the series. Majority of the songs in the show I purchased and downloaded to my phone within 24-hours of listening to them. They're SO GOOD! The characters are very well developed as well. The whole series reminded me of the slice of life aspects of MLP's earlier episodes, and I know a lot of you like that show, so I'd recommend this show to y'all.

I'm hoping one day that we'll see an anime for the two continuation manga I heard of.

I'd give the two seasons of K-ON a 9/10 and the movie a 7/10.

Edited by just2good

So, I finished my first anime- K-ON! I saw it subbed- the dubbed voices sounded poor, so I choose subbing.

Dang, was it a journey. I love the show, and the movie was pretty good. The whole series makes me so happy- it's probably the most fun I've ever had with a series. I'm gonna miss the feeling of coming back home from a hard day in real life and just putting on an episode of K-ON and forgetting all my worries. I did like the movie, just a little let down on its placement in the series. Majority of the songs in the show I purchased and downloaded to my phone within 24-hours of listening to them. They're SO GOOD! The characters are very well developed as well. The whole series reminded me of the slice of life aspects of MLP's earlier episodes, and I know a lot of you like that show, so I'd recommend this show to y'all.

I'm hoping one day that we'll see an anime for the two continuation manga I heard of.

I'd give the two seasons of K-ON a 9/10 and the movie a 7/10.

Oh...

But the dub is my favorite of the two. You should have given it a chance.

Suggestion time: You should watch the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. It's slice of life, like K-On, with a touch of light sci-fi.

Code Geass and Gurren Lagaan are two other dubs that you should consider (although the former has some early on casting quality issues, it gets SO much better from there). They are both much more adult yet hilarious, not to mention downright amazing! Those two are my favorite anime to date. Fairy Tail comes in pretty close too. Attack on Titan is also worth watching the dub.

Edited by Penkid11

My favorite dub so far has been Death Note. I just really like Light, L, Ryuk and Misa's voices there. Gurren Lagann was pretty good but I still prefer the sub. I haven't watched Code Geass yet (hopefully will soon), but I'm probably gonna watch subbed first and then eventually dubbed.

Oh...

But the dub is my favorite of the two. You should have given it a chance.

Suggestion time: You should watch the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. It's slice of life, like K-On, with a touch of light sci-fi.

I gave the dub two chances, watching two episodes dubbed, and the girls sounded emotionless and either too young or too old. :laugh:

Also, I have no idea how the movie would work with the dub. It was pretty impressive to see the near-perfect British English in the film and funny to see the girls try to speak English.

Melancholy is now on my list to watch, and dubbed Code Geass was reccomended by another friend as well, so I'll check it out soon.

Edited by just2good

I started watching Over the Garden Wall (I am in love), is there only those 10 episodes though?

I started watching Over the Garden Wall (I am in love), is there only those 10 episodes though?

Yup. I don't really mind the short run. It tells a complete, wonderful, and memorable story.

And while I'm here, might as well say that I just finished watching Eden of the East. Not bad, but not my favorite. It was a good story, but it just felt like something was missing... Oh well. I liked it overall.

Now to watch the follow-up movies.

Double post, Wheee!

So The Rolling Girls wrapped up yesterday. A fantastic anime, in my opinion (just look at my banner and avatar), if a tad short. But it did what it needed to do and told its story, so its 12 episode run was perfectly fine in the end.

It was a relatively simple story, but it shows that things don't need complex plotlines to be good. What it did have were loveable characters, awesome music, bright colors, and crazy, sparkly fight scenes. It was a ride.

I highly recommend checking this one out. I'm kinda sad that it apparently didn't get very good ratings, because this is easily one of my favorite shows.