Sign in to follow this  
Bonaparte

Some changes to the forum layout

I guess there's no perfect way to group themes, it can always be debated and there are probably a lot of combinations that make sense. We can't put every theme and sub-theme in it's own forum (that will make our main page a nightmare) so we will always have to live with a grouping of themes based on certain criteria. The current grouping make a lot of sense to me and the staff, but we also realize there are other groupings that would make sense. For several reasons I like the current grouping over the old one (as an example, it takes a theme like agents out of an already very active city forum). So we'll stick with the current layout as it is.

Has anyone else noticed that the theme months forum (the one that you couldn't post in) is gone? It's not that I visited it often, but it was nice to have, and I was wondering if/ why the staff removed it. Are there any other changes that the staff has not yet noted?

On another note, I like the added Brickfilm and Comic forum- it cleans up a lot of clutter in various forums, and it's great to be able to find all of the comics in one spot. :thumbup:

Has anyone else noticed that the theme months forum (the one that you couldn't post in) is gone? It's not that I visited it often, but it was nice to have, and I was wondering if/ why the staff removed it. Are there any other changes that the staff has not yet noted?

It's been moved to our archive forum for neatness reasons. (We delete very little here! :tongue: ) Will it come back? We have no plans but it's possible; you're the first to notice it's absence though. :wink:

Nothing else has been removed, but we did change the order and a few forums have had slight re-names.

I for one like the new arrangement very much, and I believe it'll help bring members with different preferences closer to each other, and maybe find new favorite themes. Who knows? :wink:

But the one change I appreciate the most is the new Brickfilms & Comics forum. Thank you for that! :wub:

Ah, thanks, Sinner. I also had one more question concerning where MOCs go- several (non-official) themes could fit in several categories. The Matrix, for example, could fit in Sci-Fi (because it takes place in the future with robots taking over the world), Action Themes (because the movies are "action"), or Other Themes. I just wanted to know what the discretion of the staff was for MOCs of this sort, and if Action Themes is limited to the official Lego themes within it.

Ah, thanks, Sinner. I also had one more question concerning where MOCs go- several (non-official) themes could fit in several categories. The Matrix, for example, could fit in Sci-Fi (because it takes place in the future with robots taking over the world), Action Themes (because the movies are "action"), or Other Themes. I just wanted to know what the discretion of the staff was for MOCs of this sort, and if Action Themes is limited to the official Lego themes within it.

We've discussed this in the path and I think our consensus was to put Movie MOCs that don't correspond to a LEGO license go in Other Themes.

Wait wait. Ignore me. I was wrong. That would go in Sci-Fi since it's not a license but the movie is a Sci-Fi theme. See? I can't even keep the little details straight. Basically, don't worry about it too much. If you happen to make a Matrix MOC and post it in the wrong forum, the staff will gladly move it for you. Thanks! :blush: