WhiteFang

Bionicle 2009 Discussion (Spam free)

Was kinda hoping GregF wouldn't reveal the traitor in a serial. Just leave it to the movie/book to reveal him.

Well that's a pretty interesting choice of his.

The rest has more interesting stuff though - we now know how Tuma got his back injury.

Why would Angonce have remained when the other Skrall fled?

Is this a typo or what I think it is? :sweet:

Also, the object of power that the SotS talk about sounds like the power source that restarts the BMGS. And the way Angonce as giving immense power to crumble civilizations at whim to a Skrall who has never been seen again, and the scientific and bio-mechanical way that the GBs grant power, it seems to suggest that Angonce (and the other GBs) used the power source to grant Mata Nui the power of the GS from being a mortal being. Everything fits, except that the Skrall that got great power was a she. :sceptic:

RoS 8 was rather interesting. Knowing Greg though, he'll probably end up killing all 6 characters.

RoS 8 was rather interesting. Knowing Greg though, he'll probably end up killing all 6 characters.

Helyrx and Axxon can die, but Brutaka's all mystical now, Tren Krom's all special, and Tuyet just won't stay dead! Oh, and that big lizard should finally die too...

Pretty boring.

Golden Armor?

At last, the series' need to include every little element of the action figures reaches ludicrous, story-destroying moments. Wasted characters are one thing, wasted story is another.

In the recent ROS, Tren Krom mutters "golden armor". Is this a reference to the same golden armor featured in the 2010 impulse sets?

Yes

Yes

That's good clarification, but I doubt it could've been another set of golden armour.

Wait, what happened to Keetongu!?

That's good clarification, but I doubt it could've been another set of golden armour.

Wait, what happened to Keetongu!?

He's stuck in one of the southern islands, fighting to stay alive. The things that Axonn and Brutaka also did in order to get to Metru Nui.

Riddle of the Great Beings 8 is up. It's the last chapter, and hints that 2010 is merely the end of this part of the Bionicle saga, and not the end of Bionicle itself.

Riddle of the Great Beings 8 is up. It's the last chapter, and hints that 2010 is merely the end of this part of the Bionicle saga, and not the end of Bionicle itself.

It's hard to tell - the wording of the statement at the end could mean either just this storyline or the entire BIONICLE line.

However, Greg puts more emphasis on Bionicle rather than this, which puts me in favour of the latter option. If it was the first option he would've subconsciously put more emphasis on this, because he knew the statement only applied to this BIONICLE saga.

Although it could just be my mind-frame that BIONICLE is switching next year making up excuses to prove it though. :laugh:

Eh, the new chapter isn't great, but oh well. I guess since he had to end it in a pinch, he had to come up with some contrived plot device to achieve a vaguely satisfying end.

But wait, if Tarduk returned to Atero after the Skrall attack, then how was he watching Gresh train the night before the attack on Atero?

Eh, the new chapter isn't great, but oh well. I guess since he had to end it in a pinch, he had to come up with some contrived plot device to achieve a vaguely satisfying end.

But wait, if Tarduk returned to Atero after the Skrall attack, then how was he watching Gresh train the night before the attack on Atero?

In the first chapter he was near Atero, and says he should've been helping prepare for the Great Tournament. He must've left the desert on the day of the attack, and just missed the news that Atero was under attack.

In the first chapter he was near Atero, and says he should've been helping prepare for the Great Tournament. He must've left the desert on the day of the attack, and just missed the news that Atero was under attack.

I recall the first chapter saying it was quite some time before the tournament itself . . .

I recall the first chapter saying it was quite some time before the tournament itself . . .

Not really. I checked BS01, there's no statement about the timing, just that when the story started, Tarduk was working on the preparations for the tournament.

Also keep in mind that the story has never stated that Tarduk's adventure started and ended before the Atero siege. Greg has only said it once when he answered some questions. And not everything Greg said is set in stone. He said Perditus will be in Valley of Fear, but plans changed and he didn't appear at all. Greg said EotS will end at chapter 8, but it got too long and he wasn't able to do it. So yeah, you get the idea.

Just got Toa Mata Nui (canister sized). Amazing set, really loving the simple-yet-effective design. The mask looked tiny at first but really works well! Bravo LEGO on a great set!

Speaking of Mata Nui, his guide to Bara Magna has some awesome information.

-ZotS

Just got Toa Mata Nui (canister sized). Amazing set, really loving the simple-yet-effective design. The mask looked tiny at first but really works well! Bravo LEGO on a great set!

Speaking of Mata Nui, his guide to Bara Magna has some awesome information.

-ZotS

I agree with every bit of this post. Especially the MN Guide. It rocks.

So, aside from the fact that Mata Nui will control the proto-bot, any interesting infos in here? I heard somewhere saying that Surel and Gelu used to be best friends, plus some other stuffs.

Gelu and Surel were best friends yes. Mata Nui WILL control the proto-bot, Berix becomes the third member of the Kaxium V3 team, Vastus is guilty as he causes a massive landslide that kills hundreds of unarmed Agori, and Berix learned his fixing skills from Telluris. Also, Perditus used his military rank to gain access to Great Being plans, where he developed the idea for the Thornatus V9. Also, Gelu fought Stronius in the battle for Roxtus.

-ZotS

Edited by Zaktan of the Shadows

Gelu and Surel were best friends yes. Mata Nui WILL control the proto-bot, Berix becomes the third member of the Kaxium V3 team, Vastus is guilty as he causes a massive landslide that kills hundreds of unarmed Agori, and Berix learned his fixing skills from Telluris. Also, Perditus used his military rank to gain access to Great Being plans, where he developed the idea for the Thornatus V9. Also, Gelu fought Stronius in the battle for Roxtus.

-ZotS

And Gelu's location is currently unknown, although it was recently confirmed he is alive. Raanu was used by the Great Beings to retrieve a small amount of EP so it could be used in the construction of Mata Nui. Metus worked as a trainer for the Core War. Certavus, Tarix, Ackar, and Vastus were the primary Glatorian who helped create the Glatorian system. One of the main reasons the Skrall and Rock Tribe was a massive baterra attack on one of their fortresses in the Black Spike Mountains, disguised as a shipment of logs. Atakus' "hero" is Stronius, and he also made first contact with Metus.

And there's more info on basically every character.

lol dead topic

Made this, thought it might interest people. Raanu's head is screwed up, though. :|